Jump to content
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Evertom fans thinking they can just buy him from us is hilarious.

 

36 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I find that hard to believe since they are below us these days

Everton need a bigger clear out than us, they have about 6 number 10s they wasted money on. Lets hope this Maddison lad can produce the goods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, les-tah said:

 

Everton need a bigger clear out than us, they have about 6 number 10s they wasted money on. Lets hope this Maddison lad can produce the goods.

Their new DOF said they have to sell before they can buy! lol

 

Not sure what Walsh was doing whilst there. Seems to have either been bypassed or lost the plot! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

The best thing about that video of him is that it's clear that he doesn't mess about. He's constantly wanting to attack and be very direct. I think Vardy could profit from his arrival immensely.

 

Maddison doesn't just get the ball and spray it out for the winger in the hope that they do something with it. He looks like the kind of player that takes a game by the scruff of it's neck.

Him and Diabate both love running straight at defences, very exciting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, murphy said:

I think the opposite is true.  He is buying the right players to fit his preferred system (4-2-3-1) hence the attacking right back and no.10 but I agree that the signings we have made so far are very pleasing.  I don't think Puel is the most flexible of managers.  When he was sacked at Southampton after an 8th place finish and cup final he was asked to change his style to keep his job and refused.  I think I'd lose a bit of respect for him if he hadn't refused mind.

 

 

Yes I'd read that somewhere as well but can understand his refusal. If the club weren't prepared to fund the purchase of players to enable a different style of play, to just change it on a wim would be suicidal and he'd take all the blame. The proof was in the pudding as Southampton avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth. His French teams supposedly tried to play decent football. We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gerard said:

 

If our three signings so far fail to live up to expectation I won't complain about Puel, Rudkin, Macia or whoever. I believe we've signed three of the best players available to us this summer and all in positions we've been crying out for. On paper I'm 100% happy with our incomings so far and can't criticise in the slightest.

 

If you compare this to our business over the last few season we've had some terrible signings that looked awful buys even before they arrived here.

 

We were warned by CSKA and Nigeria fans about Musa being a carthorse that turned it on occasionally.

Benalouane was voted one of the worst players in Serie A.

Slimani never had a chance as he was overpriced and came here as a round peg trying to fit in a round hole.

Iborra was ageing and a reserve for Sevilla.

Think all of that is spot on and it's very difficult to criticise any of these 3 signings. Sometimes for seemingly no good reason, players who are bought in good faith and appear very  suitable just don't make the impact hoped with nobody really to blame.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Their new DOF said they have to sell before they can buy! lol

 

Not sure what Walsh was doing whilst there. Seems to have either been bypassed or lost the plot

Agent Walsh was sent there by agent Rudkin to upset them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeePee said:

Thought I'd stick my head in to give a bit of local knowledge on James Maddison, only to find that apparently over half of you bastards live in Norfolk anyway! lol

 

I've seen Maddison a few times this season when Norwich have been on telly, and he's consistently been a standout player. He's always seemed willing to take on his man without being too reckless with it, doesn't seem to be fazed when teams try to kick him out of the game, and his range of passing is excellent - I genuinely think him and Vardy could be a frightening partnership once they get together.

 

He's one of those players I look at and don't just think 'you're pretty decent for the Championship, you could probably be playing in the Prem', I'm thinking 'You have no business whatsoever playing at this level' - the last player I did that with was some Algerian bloke. Marroz? Murhez? I forget his name, but he turned out alright, I think.

His name was mehrez, thank you very much

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beechey said:

His name was mehrez, thank you very much

That's the guy. Towering centre-back, built like Akinfenwa if I recall correctly.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeePee said:

That's the guy. Towering centre-back, built like Akinfenwa if I recall correctly.

No he's the one in prison I keep seeing all over Twitter!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He just looks far too good for the championship in the video, simple as that. I think he'll settle right in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ncfc123 said:

Gutted to see him go, even after being resigned to it since before the season finished, but delighted for him that he's got a move that seems a really good fit for him. He's far too good to go to a team in a relegation battle, like Pritchard did from is in January, and even though I think given time he could work his way into a Spurs or Liverpool starting XI, a club like Leicester, a solid top 10 team who will be aiming for Europe this season, is the ideal move for him. You get a talented young player who will improve your team and contribute a lot in terms of goals and assists, and he gets plenty of starts and game-time at a high level. Great move for all parties.

 

I've said it numerous times in the transfer thread but you really are getting an exceptional player, and anyone who's watched him regularly won't have any doubt that that he is on his way to the top. I give it a year/18 months at most before he doubles his £25m price tag and is an England regular. I have no doubts that he'll fit your style perfectly and I honestly cannot wait to see how his career pans out. Wish you lot and him all the best!

Heard the same from United fans when we signed Tom Lawrence!... Let's hope this pans out differently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, weller54 said:

Heard the same from United fans when we signed Tom Lawrence!... Let's hope this pans out differently. 

haha

 

bit different. Maddison has proven himself to be class week in week out. Not shown promise. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/06/2018 at 09:30, DrDublin said:

Well, as I said yesterday, you've a terrific player on your hands.

 

I was kind of hoping, everything crossed it might have been a deal where you'd loan him back to us for a year but know in my heart it would'nt happen with that kind of money involved.

 

Hey ho, huge money for us and I jest you not - He'll be playing for England within two years.  Seen, Eadie (who you guys will know well), Fleck, Huckerby, Crook, O'Neil, Sutton at Carrow road and I'd pick him over all them.

 

Good luck Madderz and good luck next season Leicester.  

 

Cheers

 

Andy 

Madderz is not a bad nickname but he'd fit in better here if he was Medderz. We'll surely just call him Madeh (being as mehdi is already taken).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FIF said:

Madderz is not a bad nickname but he'd fit in better here if he was Medderz. We'll surely just call him Madeh (being as mehdi is already taken).

He certainly doesn't appear to take offence, calls himself Madders on Twiiter!  I think the 'z' was added instead of 's' as it's a bit more down with the kids.  Or kidz. 

 

https://twitter.com/Madders10/status/1009445397746634753

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DrDublin said:

He certainly doesn't appear to take offence, calls himself Madders on Twiiter!  I think the 'z' was added instead of 's' as it's a bit more down with the kids.  Or kidz. 

 

https://twitter.com/Madders10/status/1009445397746634753

His dad called him Madderz with a z in that childhood compilation video on YouTube

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, brucey said:

His dad called him Madderz with a z in that childhood compilation video on YouTube

But he probably had to show his dad how to post it, parents can be at an awkward age to train in such matters (12 to 61 in Coventry)....

Edited by norwichfox
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

haha

 

bit different. Maddison has proven himself to be class week in week out. Not shown promise. 

Albeit only in the championship!.. Didn't Lawrence rip up the league with Ipswich? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TeePee said:

Thought I'd stick my head in to give a bit of local knowledge on James Maddison, only to find that apparently over half of you bastards live in Norfolk anyway! lol

 

I've seen Maddison a few times this season when Norwich have been on telly, and he's consistently been a standout player. He's always seemed willing to take on his man without being too reckless with it, doesn't seem to be fazed when teams try to kick him out of the game, and his range of passing is excellent - I genuinely think him and Vardy could be a frightening partnership once they get together.

 

He's one of those players I look at and don't just think 'you're pretty decent for the Championship, you could probably be playing in the Prem', I'm thinking 'You have no business whatsoever playing at this level' - the last player I did that with was some Algerian bloke. Marroz? Murhez? I forget his name, but he turned out alright, I think.

Good to hear from Norwich fans, he looks a very exciting player.

 

I hope you use the money from JM and Murphy to build a team that will get you  back in the top flight.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

But he probably had to show his dad how to post it, parents can be at an awkward age to train in such matters (12 to 61 in Coventry)....

 

Nah his dad made the video, and apparently is a graphic designer. Pretty certain I read that on his Twitter page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will make you giggle, apparently prior to us signing Madders, he received a call from Mark Hughes, he was saying he wanted to sign him so could he come and have a look around the training facilities and meet with him and the coaching staff.... James in good taste called Hughes pretty much straight after he put pen to paper to tell sparky that he had sighed for us, apparently Hughes just hung up on him mid sentence haha.....

 

Hes also been told by Puel that he’s going to be the number 10 for next season, so looks like he is going to be integral to plans, and may help predict the potential formation?  

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, murphy said:

Good to hear from Norwich fans, he looks a very exciting player.

 

I hope you use the money from JM and Murphy to build a team that will get you  back in the top flight.

 

Oh, god no - I'm most definitely a city fan - just ended up seeing a lot of him in the pub with friends etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×