Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Pedantry Central

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Dont get me started on how the transfer thread is still open ALMOST A FULL MONTH since the Januarywindow was closed...  RAGE!!!!!

I think the reason it re-opened is to stop it clogging up the LCFC forum and makes it easier to avoid if you want to.

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/10/2018 at 22:52, Trav Le Bleu said:

You know when people are writing words as sung or spoken and they want to give the impression of the word being drawn out and they put multiple letters of a consonant at the end, rather than a vowel in the middle.

For instance, say the song Thriller, instead of, "cos it's a thrilleeeeeeeer..." they'd put, "cos it's a thrillerrrrrrrr...", cos as we know, Michael Jackson famously rolls his rs in songs (steady! That's another topic). Or worse, "cos it's a thrilllllllllllerrrrrrr...", cos he's famously Welsh.

Does

My

Head

In

!

On 28/02/2019 at 10:58, Nalis said:

Dont get me started on how the transfer thread is still open ALMOST A FULL MONTH since the Januarywindow was closed...  RAGE!!!!!

On 28/02/2019 at 12:10, HighPeakFox said:

Not to mention the absurd speculation about raiding Celtic. Why do people get drawn in so easily? 

None of which is pedantry - get yourselves over to 'What grinds my gears'.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

I'll take that as a compliment... lol

I was watching you like a hawk Bucey !! ...   if you'd have put and E instead of an I, like what some wallies do ...   I'd have come down on you like a ton of bricks ...

But you didn't ..  so it doesn't matter really ...

Waste of a post really ...   :huh:

58 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I was watching you like a hawk Bucey !! ...   if you'd have put and E instead of an I, like what some wallies do ...   I'd have come down on you like a ton of bricks ...

But you didn't ..  so it doesn't matter really ...

Waste of a post really ...   :huh:

I think this belongs in the Wildlife thread, mate.

This one is for Pedantry.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Buce said:

None of which is pedantry - get yourselves over to 'What grinds my gears'.

The transfer thread was only ever open during (and shortly before and after) the transfer window hence my post. Now its open at all times which kind of makes my post redundant now.

Edited by Nalis

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Not football

I'll tell you what isn't football ...   'womens football' !! ...  fills the bloody sports section of the papers nowadays and gets very confusing when they mix it in with the proper stuff.    Might as well start putting schoolboy under 14's reports in ! ...   about the same bleedin standard ...   :nigel:

N.B.   No, make that under 10's ...

48 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I'll tell you what isn't football ...   'womens football' !! ...  fills the bloody sports section of the papers nowadays and gets very confusing when they mix it in with the proper stuff.    Might as well start putting schoolboy under 14's reports in ! ...   about the same bleedin standard ...   :nigel:

N.B.   No, make that under 10's ...

This is pedantry, not prejudice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 28/02/2019 at 12:15, davieG said:

I think the reason it re-opened is to stop it clogging up the LCFC forum and makes it easier to avoid if you want to.

It’s full of foreign names I’ve never heard of, my knowledge of world football is minuscule compared to some of the posters on the transfer forum.

On 28/02/2019 at 07:15, davieG said:

Hmm … put certain content in a ghetto so the disinterested majority can avoid it.  Similar to this thread really ;)  and it works for me ...

Nor are the majority of us interested in prejudice or xenophobia.  Can the losers who spew such stuff in quantity have their own “Toxic Crap” thread and remove it from the rest of the forums?

• Like 1

On 22/06/2018 at 18:51, surrifox said:

Myself/ yourself abuse . I was asked by a shop assistant recently "how can myself help yourself today?" ( I'm sorry but that barely passes for a sentence in the English language .)

Not from Norfolk or Cork...Why isn't it yourself.. who do the deed did you not..!! Why it was myself ,who did the do!!

40 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

You’ve gone again...

Not me..just saying how others build a sentence,when colloquially a turn of phrase or sentences are spread with local diallect..

The original or local English,from Cotswolds > Yorkshire dales> Norfolk> back through to the West country...Each have their own quirks..!!

Some of it being lost,because areas becoming 2nd homes communities,and the young locals spread their educational wings a lot wider.

English dialects and accents,are being lost and some great Saxon-English/Anglo-English all correct in their own right,

but only found and kept in local verse or poetry....Like our food it's becoming "plastic"...and less versatile..and

Usually it's the English-controllers on forums,that make the most mistakes...but who cares,it's only a football forum,and not a proofing

of a Thesis,when writing ones Doctors/professors  work!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Not me..just saying how others build a sentence,when colloquially a turn of phrase or sentences are spread with local diallect..

The original or local English,from Cotswolds > Yorkshire dales> Norfolk> back through to the West country...Each have their own quirks..!!

Some of it being lost,because areas becoming 2nd homes communities,and the young locals spread their educational wings a lot wider.

English dialects and accents,are being lost and some great Saxon-English/Anglo-English all correct in their own right,

but only found and kept in local verse or poetry....Like our food it's becoming "plastic"...and less versatile..and

Usually it's the English-controllers on forums,that make the most mistakes...but who cares,it's only a football forum,and not a proofing

of a Thesis,when writing ones Doctors/professors  work!!!

Okey dokey, skip. ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...