Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kasper - Chelsea and Roma. SSN

1 minute ago, brucey said:

That's two thirds of the Alisson fee. Alisson is 25. What club in their right mind would pay that amount for a 32 year old, whose stats are inferior in comparison?

The answer is within your question I reckon.

1 minute ago, LESTER-JESTER said:

Why do people only suggest Butland as a replacement for Kasper Schmeichel, what about one of Pope or Heaton both just as good as Butland and likely cheaper.

Isn't the difference there that one of Pope and Heaton will establish themselves as the seasons number 1 and has Europe to look forward too? Both will believe they are the best keeper at the club and will probably want to stay and prove it. On the other hand, what does Butland have to look forward too?

Just now, Max Wall said:

Isn't the difference there that one of Pope and Heaton will establish themselves as the seasons number 1 and has Europe to look forward too? Both will believe they are the best keeper at the club and will probably want to stay and prove it. On the other hand, what does Butland have to look forward too?

I heard Stoke a lovely City

Why question Kasper's disillusionment?  He's 32 at his peak and wants to win things. 

Our transfer dealings haven't been great since winning the league.  We've only really replaced Huth successfully with Maguire and Kante with Ndidi (although you can argue that Ndidi is not as good as Kante).  Every other signing since winning the title has been a step down (Perreira and Maddison excepted at this point as they haven't had a chance yet).  

3 minutes ago, LESTER-JESTER said:

I heard Stoke a lovely City

It must be or you would never hear that famous saying 'London, Paris, New York, Stoke'.

Never visited personally but I nearly drove through it in the 90's, however, they took it in because it was raining.

Edited by Max Wall

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not sure why people are so sure about how amazing Butland is... I've probably only seen him play a dozen times and I've seen him made 3 or 4 absolute howlers.

butland is horrendous. we’re absolutely fu cked if we sell kasper and get him in. 

• Like 1

If Kasper was to leave I’d love us to get Butland. We signed Kasper at the age Butland is now and Butland will only improve. Yes he’s made a few howlers but what keeper doesn’t? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

If Kasper was to leave I’d love us to get Butland. We signed Kasper at the age Butland is now and Butland will only improve. Yes he’s made a few howlers but what keeper doesn’t? 

has he played well, like ever? 

just curious cos i’ve never seen it if he has. i’ve seen him play awfully a lot of times but never really anything other than that. 

Butland for me would be a very underwhelming replacement. Ideally I'd prefer Schmeichel to stay because I don't think we can get better, but I think we can do much better than Butland who is one of the most overrated keepers in recent times. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

Out of interest, why is he disillusioned with the clubs ambitions?

Plans to develop a state of the art training facility, expand the stadium, and continuing investment into player acquisitions suggest that these are exciting times and that the club are extremely ambitious. I certainly can't recall a time since the owners took over where they have shown greater levels of ambition than what they demonstrating right now. Also, comparative to our direct competitors i.e. Burnley, Everton, West Ham, Watford, Palace, Southampton, etc. we appear to be one of the few clubs showing signs of trying to break into the next tier. 

To be clear this isn't me questioning you... but I'm just keen to try and understand what Kasper's expectations actually are.

Being fair to the owners even if they wanted to throw silly money around to bring the very best player's in the world to Leicester City, given the current infrastructure at the club we simply couldn't do so without falling foul of FFP. Therefore it's imperative we put the foundations in place first to build a platform which will give us more flexibility in the future. 

I think the questioning of ambition could be pin pointed to the last two managers appointed. We want to be one of the best in England and yet the manager, coaches and executives are at odds with that. 

• Like 1

Just now, danny2997 said:

Butland for me would be a very underwhelming replacement. Ideally I'd prefer Schmeichel to stay because I don't think we can get better, but I think we can do much better than Butland who is one of the most overrated keepers in recent times. 

Butland is far better than Kasper. The blue tinted spec syndrome for Kasper is unreal he’s as average as they come! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Butland is far better than Kasper. The blue tinted spec syndrome for Kasper is unreal he’s as average as they come! 

Butland is over hyped. He's achieved very little and has had a couple of long injuries too. There's a general reassurance that he's mustard because he broke on to the scene at a teenager but he's not at the same level as Schmeichel. He may get there but his reputation is bigger than what he's actually achieved.

31 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There is nothing wrong with our ambition, the problem is the time frame wrapped around it. The owners are doing things slowly, which unless they are going to put in a billion quid is the only way we can do it. For players we have now, new training facilities, ground expansion, investment in youth etc means little. The results of that might not be seen for a decade.

Yeah but they could appoint a manager who can take us there.....the last two have been pathetic. It's almost like someone at the club would rather be in charge than be successful.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

If Butland is that good why is it looking like he is going to be playing in the championship this year?

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the questioning of ambition could be pin pointed to the last two managers appointed. We want to be one of the best in England and yet the manager, coaches and executives are at odds with that. 

Tbf, of the last 2 managers appointed, one was appointed with Kasper's full support.....and he was visibly angry and upset when Shakespeare was fired as confirmed by people who were in the room when Rudders announce the news of Shakespeare's sacking...

if he is truly disillusioned, suspect it will be at the latest managerial appointment (not the previous 2) and some of the executives that run the club as he is not a big fan of some of the them.

• Like 3