Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kasper - Chelsea and Roma. SSN

4 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

I have named my dog Kasper after our much loved keeper. He just cant go for that reason alone.?

I convinced my kids to name their 2 new fish N’Golo and Kante... 6 months later he left... a few weeks after they both Died so we were able to properly mourn the loss of N’Golo Kante lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kasper has been great for us, but it’ll take a bit of getting used to for Chelsea fans having had Courtois and Cech in his prime for over a decade. Two keepers who command their box and don’t stand next to the Kings Road watching free kicks fly in?

Edited by Nickfosse
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Lloris regularly makes massive mistakes from what I see of him.

Yeah, I don't get a lot of the hype over Lloris tbh - he reminds me very much of Barthez in that he'll occasionally make an astounding save that he's got no right to make, but he's just as likely to let one through his legs from 30 yards, so you're not really any better off.

55 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I rate Kasper and think he's as good a goalkeeper as there is outside the top tier of De Gea, Courtois, Neuer, etc.

He's 32 this year though so I think it would be good business to sell him for £20m providing we have an obvious Plan B to replace him. Butland would be an obvious choice as he'll want out at Stoke and one of Pope or Heaton should be available quite easily as Burnley can't keep both happy long term. There may be options we have on the continent as well.

If Kasper was a winger, I'd probably agree with you, but as a keeper, he could easily continue at the top level until well into his late 30s. £20m isn't going to go far these days - I certainly can't think of many keepers I'd want to replace Kasper that would be available in that price range.

Edited by TeePee
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

Someone wants a new deal. I assume he feels his status in the squad means he deserves as much as Maguire will get. Can’t blame him. 

He's already the highest paid together with Vardy. Maguire won't get any higher than what Kasper's already on with his new deal.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

If Butland/Heaton/Pope are better alternatives, why don't Chelsea buy one of those instead?

Because it's fake news and Chelsea isn't really after Kasper. Chelsea might well rate them higher than Kasper and be quietly making enquiries.

43 minutes ago, brucey said:

He's already the highest paid together with Vardy. Maguire won't get any higher than what Kasper's already on with his new deal.

Rumour has it that kasper has a clause in his contract that stipulates his wages have to match those of the highest paid player (a bit like Sick Note Anderton at Spurs several year ago) but it doesn't surprise me that once again pre-season rumours are circulating about Kasper. Seems to be all about ego and money with Kasper and Im sure we could find an equally good keeper.....without all the drama

16 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Rumour has it that kasper has a clause in his contract that stipulates his wages have to match those of the highest paid player (a bit like Sick Note Anderton at Spurs several year ago) but it doesn't surprise me that once again pre-season rumours are circulating about Kasper. Seems to be all about ego and money with Kasper and Im sure we could find an equally good keeper.....without all the drama

Has he ever been so highly rated at the club that they would give him a contract like that? The owners have always wanted regular European football, to achieve that we probably have to buy players on £150k a week sooner rather than later. He's not worth that.

1 hour ago, fleckneymike said:

Someone wants a new deal. I assume he feels his status in the squad means he deserves as much as Maguire will get. Can’t blame him. 

He's already on nearly 100k a week. He's our highest paid player with Vardy.

I can only see 100% fake news in this article.

I love Kasper and although 2017/18 wasn't his best season, perhaps in part that could go down to the players in front of him.

He had a great World cup, which will in turn be a massive boost in confidence. I'm hoping him to come back to his best in the up and coming season.   

If an offer of 25 million or more,  came in then be tempted to sell, Butland obvious replacement, Pope or Heaton wouldn't be a bad call, and cost less in wages, Stoke will need cash, even with parachute money, and think Burnley can't keep both their men happy.

25 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I love Kasper and although 2017/18 wasn't his best season, perhaps in part that could go down to the players in front of him.

He had a great World cup, which will in turn be a massive boost in confidence. I'm hoping him to come back to his best in the up and coming season.   

I put 2017/18 down to his fallout with Puel. I suspect he'll continue to be a bit dodgy as long as Puel is still here. One of them has to go, and I don't think it'll be Kasper.

Wouldn't read too much into his WC performances. He gained superpowers in the CL games as well, but was less great in the concurrent league games.

Just now, brucey said:

I put 2017/18 down to his fallout with Puel. I suspect he'll continue to be a bit dodgy as long as Puel is still here. One of them has to go, and I don't think it'll be Kasper.

Wouldn't read too much into his WC performances. He gained superpowers in the CL games as well, but was less great in the concurrent league games.

You maybe correct and time will tell, I heard rumours about his fallout with Puel, but no one knows how big of an issue that really was? Perhaps it was just a spat and over exaggerated by the press? I mean its not like it would be the 1st time.  

One thing we do know for sure, is we have upgraded our defence, which is a definite positive and can only work in his favour.

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

I've always had the feeling that Daddy is in the background and will be encouraging a move away since our Champions league exit. 

Both he and his dad have taken exception to the constant comparisons between the two of them. Of course his dad will be (somewhat) mentoring him, but Kasper has his head well and truly screwed on and is capable of making his own decisions, and his father will be aware of that.

If an offer from a 'big' CL club abroad comes in then I wouldn't be surprised if he looks for a new challenge and if Utd came in for him I think it'd be hard for us to stand in his way, but otherwise I can't see him moving unless there's a serious falling-out behind the scenes. And if there is, with his influence at the club I imagine it wouldn't be Kasper who's the first to go.

• Like 1

If he wants to go let him go, although he’s been great for us he’s not the most irreplaceable player in the squad I would be more concerned at losing Vardy . There are a few good options for keepers out there at the minute so could be a good time to cash in and not when there is no one really available. 

1 minute ago, baldeagle said:

If he wants to go let him go, although he’s been great for us he’s not the most irreplaceable player in the squad I would be more concerned at losing Vardy . There are a few good options for keepers out there at the minute so could be a good time to cash in and not when there is no one really available. 

I would be concerned about losing Vardy too, but thats not going to happen either :)

Out of interest which good options for Keepers out there, were you thinking about. Im assuming you are talking at least 'on par' with Kasper?