Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kasper - Chelsea and Roma. SSN

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

There is nothing wrong with our ambition, the problem is the time frame wrapped around it. The owners are doing things slowly, which unless they are going to put in a billion quid is the only way we can do it. For players we have now, new training facilities, ground expansion, investment in youth etc means little. The results of that might not be seen for a decade.

53 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm not accusing them of doing things slowly, how to bloody twist it. They aren't going to put a billion quid in, so this is feasibly the only way to make is grow and that's the slow route. Which is gradual building, rather than chucking hundreds of millions at it instantly. I'm all in for that and not having a go at them about it, it's as quick as it possibly can be without an unlimited budget.

Hmmmm

• Haha 2

Just now, goose2010 said:

Maguire had signed for us by now.

GK's are an unusual situation though. There will be at least a dozen PL GK's who will play 36 PL games plus this season. 

Elite clubs don't mind having three world class centre halves as they will all get good game time over a season but they can't keep two world class goalkeepers happy unless it's like Barcelona when one of those plays the La Liga games and the other plays all the cup competitions.

Butland won't have interested the top six clubs because they either don't have the vacancy for a No1 GK like Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham, etc or they feel someone else is a better option like Liverpool.

I think the general consensus in the football world is that Butland and Schmeichel are of a similar level but there have been very few openings for Butland to leave as it's much harder for good GK to leave than an outfield player. Butland was ahead of Pickford only a couple of months ago.

• Like 1

Can't blame him re: ambition. Made a thing of selling our best players for half or less than half of their value. Still have the same suits running the club that we did in the football league. Still have a small coaching staff. Still picking up cheap managers. Still linked with average players everyone else is after.

We're only heading one way the way things are and it ain't up.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Can't blame him re: ambition. Made a thing of selling our best players for half or less than half of their value. Still have the same suits running the club that we did in the football league. Still have a small coaching staff. Still picking up cheap managers. Still linked with average players everyone else is after.

We're only heading one way the way things are and it ain't up.

Glass half full as ever Ealing ........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

And that manager is? At the level we are, you generally have to strike it lucky with an up and coming genius like O'Neill to do that. The best managers only go to the best clubs, and whether people like it or not, we're still behind the likes of West Ham, Everton, Newcastle in terms of appeal to most managers. We need to move the whole club forward to compete size wise with those clubs so that we don't just look like another Southampton or Watford to people.

The second those training facilities are built and the stadium expanded, we're on another level entirely and positioned for the regular challenge the owners want. Getting the sort of managers that will get everyone behind them will suddenly become an easier task.

No they don't at all. There some very decent managers out there who want to come here. Where do you think the Rodgers story came from?

They will come to the club, there's someone at the club who doesn't want one, he just wants more control.

Edited by Abrasive fox

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

No they don't at all. There some very decent managers out there who want to come here. Where do you think the Rodgers story came from?

They will come to the club, there's someone at the club who doesn't want one, he just wants more control.

Are you concerned about our lack of quality we're being linked with from a attacking perspective, 3 weeks left until the season starts and apart from Maddison we haven't improved our attack at all and have lost Mahrez. (Do you expect more in) 

15 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

Are you concerned about our lack of quality we're being linked with from a attacking perspective, 3 weeks left until the season starts and apart from Maddison we haven't improved our attack at all and have lost Mahrez. (Do you expect more in) 

66D3C41E-0B27-4AA4-9759-90B6250B866A.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I don't know, why don't you enlighten us?

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

No sale under any circumstances. 

If a player wants out, or feels like they need a new challenge then just let them go and do your best to get a good price. We've always done our best when we've had people hungry to achieve, not a bunch of stagnating players.

I'd rather he wanted to stay, but if not then so be it.

• Like 2

Perhaps I’ve just got lucky as I’ve happened to be there, but every time I’ve seen Butland play us he pulls of some superb saves. 

The one shortly after his howler at the KP last season I think from Mahrez, a great save low down Stoke away when we won the Premier League, and a brilliant top corner save from Ben Marshall iirc birmingham away in the Championship.