Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kasper - Chelsea and Roma. SSN

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yeah but they could appoint a manager who can take us there.....the last two have been pathetic. It's almost like someone at the club would rather be in charge than be successful.

Shots fired.

He will probably stab someone else in the back to get higher too... 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There is nothing wrong with our ambition, the problem is the time frame wrapped around it. The owners are doing things slowly, which unless they are going to put in a billion quid is the only way we can do it. For players we have now, new training facilities, ground expansion, investment in youth etc means little. The results of that might not be seen for a decade.

I take your point Babylon and could understand if he was relatively new to the club and had been sold the dream, but if he can't see how far we've come as a club since he joined us and acknowledge the progress we are making then you have to think that he has other motives or isn't particularly bright if these rumours are true. 

Whilst I acknowledge the point about timelines, again this comes back to unrealistic expectations. I personally don't think the club are moving slowly, rather they are moving at a pace which a) is relative to their growing status in football, and b) in accordance with the logistics associated with the planning/preparation, and legal processes required to bring these improvements to fruition. Rome wasn't built in a day, and whilst I appreciate that Kasper may not be a beneficiary of the planned improvements it would be naive of him to think that the club can announce their plans and expect completion within a year or two. 

Furthermore as mentioned in my previous post, even if the owners did want to sink over a billion pounds into the club overnight, we'd get the book thrown at us for breaching FFP. With the current infrastructure there is absolutely no way that the owners could justify such a spend given our revenue streams. This isn't something new, and even those (bigger clubs than ours) who have the infrastructure having invested heavily prior to the regulations being applied are now trying to cut back and live within their means. It's going to take considerable work, time, and patience before we can realistically open up the chequebook safe in the knowledge that FFP is something we need to be aware of rather than allowing it to dictate how we operate. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LESTER-JESTER said:

Why do people only suggest Butland as a replacement for Kasper Schmeichel, what about one of Pope or Heaton both just as good as Butland and likely cheaper.

Pope/Heaton aren't 'just as good' as Butland - they're both much better.

And they'd cost a damn lot more, too.

One of them might be available in January, as Burnley will fail to make a dent in Europe and there won't be enough games to keep them both happy. ~£30m for one of those, I reckon.

If we did sell Kasper for ~£40m (can't see it, personally), I would love to see us go all out and get someone ridiculous. If Allisson is worth ~£65m, we could put £50m down on someone equally top-level, although attracting them to Leicester might be a challenge. No ideas who though! We'd probably have to make do with Ward until Jan at least if that was the case, however...

45 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There is nothing wrong with our ambition, the problem is the time frame wrapped around it. The owners are doing things slowly, which unless they are going to put in a billion quid is the only way we can do it. For players we have now, new training facilities, ground expansion, investment in youth etc means little. The results of that might not be seen for a decade.

I take your point that the club's ambition won't materialise within a single players career unless he is very young, but no way can we accuse our owners of moving slowly.  Even if you forget the title win, cast your mind back to 2008 and look what they have achieved in just 10 years.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Been asking around about this.

General feeling is he'll leave this summer, probably for about £40m.

Interest from other clubs is serious.

Any idea if we’ve made any enquiries about any other keepers should he leave

28 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yeah but they could appoint a manager who can take us there.....the last two have been pathetic. It's almost like someone at the club would rather be in charge than be successful.

And that manager is? At the level we are, you generally have to strike it lucky with an up and coming genius like O'Neill to do that. The best managers only go to the best clubs, and whether people like it or not, we're still behind the likes of West Ham, Everton, Newcastle in terms of appeal to most managers. We need to move the whole club forward to compete size wise with those clubs so that we don't just look like another Southampton or Watford to people.

The second those training facilities are built and the stadium expanded, we're on another level entirely and positioned for the regular challenge the owners want. Getting the sort of managers that will get everyone behind them will suddenly become an easier task.

• Like 1

If he's a bad apple with attitude get rid for £40 mill, i'd take that and purchase a more than capable replacement. Whether people like the manager or not you have to support his ideology to try to succeed. It's clear the owners are backing the manager financially and believe he can progress the club. Kasper needs to put and shut up or be shipped out.

16 minutes ago, murphy said:

I take your point that the club's ambition won't materialise within a single players career unless he is very young, but no way can we accuse our owners of moving slowly.  Even if you forget the title win, cast your mind back to 2008 and look what they have achieved in just 10 years.  

I'm not accusing them of doing things slowly, how to bloody twist it. They aren't going to put a billion quid in, so this is feasibly the only way to make is grow and that's the slow route. Which is gradual building, rather than chucking hundreds of millions at it instantly. I'm all in for that and not having a go at them about it, it's as quick as it possibly can be without an unlimited budget.

I do think Schmeichel is good, like he's clearly above average, but he's not good enough to turn down £40mil for at his age. I expected the bids to be nearer half that.

Butland I'm really unsure about. I can't tell if he's overhyped or good.

Was going to suggest Fabianski, think he's a good keeper, but didn't realise he'd gone to West Ham, nor did I realise he was 33 years old lol 

Watch it be Joe Hart lol 

10 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

But have you got  'Kasper Schmeichel - Not coming out for crosses or corners' ...        volumes 1 to 26  ...    ?   

Or the ‘Kasper standing in completely the wrong position for a free kick’ volumes 1 - ongoing?

it got so bad last year that my son simply said anytime the opposition got a Free kick within 25yds - that’s a goal then. 

Edited by ARM1968

52 minutes ago, MajorInTheKnow said:

Am I the only person on this forum who thinks Kasper was absolutely bang average for the majority of last seaon?

40mill would represent very good business for the club, and give the club the opportunity to get someone in in younger than 31 years old and with a less "old guard" opinion to new managers and play styles.

Schmeichel was very poor last season but was our POTY in 16/17. He's won 2 POTY in his 7 years here. Plus he's been great in 13/14 + 15/16. In other words he's been brilliant for most of his time here..

I like him. But I would cash in at anything over £30m.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Or the ‘Kasper standing in completely the wrong position for a free kick’ volumes 1 - ongoing?

it got so bad last year that my son simply said anytime the opposition got a Free kick within 25yds - that’s a goal then. 

It was so predictably , almost as predictable as him making a total flap at a corner the opposition scoring then him preceding to give dogs abuse to the nearest defender trying to shift the blame 

Edited by baldeagle

I'd be absolutely gutted if Kasper left, one of the most likeable players we've ever had, one of the best goalkeepers we've ever had, and the journey he's been on with us all started in the Sven era lol 

He was average last season but regardless, he is one of the best shot stoppers in the business.

If we got in Butland or Heaton as his replacement then I'd be happy with that, anybody else would be a step down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MajorInTheKnow said:

Am I the only person on this forum who thinks Kasper was absolutely bang average for the majority of last seaon?

40mill would represent very good business for the club, and give the club the opportunity to get someone in in younger than 31 years old and with a less "old guard" opinion to new managers and play styles.

I don't think anyone on this forum has even implied that Schmeichel was good last season. One season does not make a player. 

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Been asking around about this.

General feeling is he'll leave this summer, probably for about £40m.

Interest from other clubs is serious.

£40m??? :o

32 in December, you have to sell at that price. 

Doubt we’d get £40 million. He isn’t Musa. 

Probably end up high £20’s, which we’d need to spend most of bringing in a replacement. 

Whilst Kasper was poor by his standards last season I feel we lose more than just a goalkeeper here. 

1 hour ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Butland is far better than Kasper. The blue tinted spec syndrome for Kasper is unreal he’s as average as they come! 

I'm not convinced you're even a Leicester fan, every single one of your posts is slagging off our players.