Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kasper - Chelsea and Roma. SSN

5 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Can't blame him re: ambition. Made a thing of selling our best players for half or less than half of their value. Still have the same suits running the club that we did in the football league. Still have a small coaching staff. Still picking up cheap managers. Still linked with average players everyone else is after.

We're only heading one way the way things are and it ain't up.

Hmmm...

When you put it like that, it’s really quite depressing, and has a ring of truth...

I need to go and take my happy pills.

12 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Hmmm...

When you put it like that, it’s really quite depressing, and has a ring of truth...

I need to go and take my happy pills.

Or just stop reading clueless doom mongers.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Puel is not going to say they're looking to sell him though.

My gut feeling is that he'll go for the right price.

18 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Gut feeling Geoff or based on information received?

Yes ...   spill the bloody beans ...   I think he loves it here but is he thinking of leaving cus he don’t get on with Puel ? ...   

41 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

If what you said is true about £40m then that's the right price and some more. For a player who will be 32 later this year then that's tremendous business. 

In fact when I googled that as i found it unbelievable the only thing I could find was £50m for Kasper :o

http://www.talkchelsea.net/transfers/chelsea-explore-possibility-of-signing-leicester-keeper-kasper-schmeichel/

I think Puel is and always was the wrong man for the job. He doesn’t seem to engender any love, loyalty or respect from the players. However I think it is madness to have players able to dictate to the manager or owners. Can’t think of many bosses I’ve liked working under, but as long as I was paid I did my best.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I just don't see a suitable club for him for the money we'd want. I seriously doubt Chelsea will go for him.

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Gut feeling Geoff or based on information received?

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Yes ...   spill the bloody beans ...   I think he loves it here but is he thinking of leaving cus he don’t get on with Puel ? ...   

54 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If what you said is true about £40m then that's the right price and some more. For a player who will be 32 later this year then that's tremendous business. 

In fact when I googled that as i found it unbelievable the only thing I could find was £50m for Kasper :o

http://www.talkchelsea.net/transfers/chelsea-explore-possibility-of-signing-leicester-keeper-kasper-schmeichel/

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I just don't see a suitable club for him for the money we'd want. I seriously doubt Chelsea will go for him.

It's a gut feeling ... but a gut feeling after I've had a conversation with someone who isn't directly connected with the club but has some links.

I'm told he definitely has offers but that of course may not be true.

He's been here ages - longest serving player behind King I guess.

He isn't going to achieve a great deal more with us in all honesty.

He may feel it's probably the right time in his career for him to move on.

One last pay day and all that.

I think Roma might be the one for him.

Just gut feelings.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's a gut feeling ... but a gut feeling after I've had a conversation with someone who isn't directly connected with the club but has some links.

Just gut feelings.

Bet he stays Geoff ...     gut instinct ...   :)

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

I think Puel is and always was the wrong man for the job. He doesn’t seem to engender any love, loyalty or respect from the players. However I think it is madness to have players able to dictate to the manager or owners. Can’t think of many bosses I’ve liked working under, but as long as I was paid I did my best.

So why did our new fullback come here then !!

21 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Just gut feelings.

It's the foreign club route that is probably the reason behind getting Ward in quick, we will have 3 weeks after our window shuts to fend off bids so at least we've got cover.