Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

Recall, send Diabate out on loan sell Ghezzal to anyone, phase Albrighton out.

Won’t happen as we’ll continue to persevere with them and wonder why we can’t create/score goals.

What happens if Gray, Barnes or Maddison get injured? lol

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

He looks brilliant Playing for W Brom but will he get the same kind of offensive freedom playing for City ?

Its a development cycle; first we need to grow his confidence and skill in what he's good at, creating and scoring. Building up his defensive contributions and ability comes with time.

40 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

That kit of theirs is a real shitshow isn’t it? Very difficult to tell who’s who as it’s virtually impossible to make out the numbers.

I actually quite like it.. Eek, but totally see what you mean about the numbers 

Only watched the last twenty minutes. He looked good if tired in the last ten with some wayward shots. Great assist with a back heel in the box before that. He's improved his game a lot. He often went missing in matches at the start of the season but now it's pretty much always involved. I think he even made two tackles. He's looking good.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Another very efficient nights work for the lad, best player in the league.

And yet when listening to national podcasts the first name mentioned when discussing good players in the Championship (worthy of England call ups etc.) is always Mason Mount?

10 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Maddison, Gray and Barnes behind the striker would be insane.

Would it really though? Unless you mean actually insane obviously. One of them has had half a good season, another has struggled to reach his potential and the other has had a promising half season in the championship.

Change Gray for an experienced, proven player who will add goals/assists to the team and in a few years that may look better but for right now? Not for me.

2 minutes ago, Phube said:

And yet when listening to national podcasts the first name mentioned when discussing good players in the Championship (worthy of England call ups etc.) is always Mason Mount?

Chelsea lad playing under a Chelsea legend. Media love every moment of it and our Harvey won't get a sniff of attention.

Which I have no objections with, the longer the lad can stay under the radar and under hyped the better 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phube said:

Mount is another great talent but he's not even been as impressive as Wilson at Derby. Barnes is going to be superb for us, I'm now convinced he should be coming back next month.

Comparing Barnes stats to Maddison's in the Championship is interesting. Barnes is two assists and six goals away from equalling Maddison. Maddison's passing percentage, key passes and tackling is still much higher.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Mount is another great talent but he's not even been as impressive as Wilson at Derby. Barnes is going to be superb for us, I'm now convinced he should be coming back next month.

I've gone the other way strangely. I think it'll take him another fifteen or so games to really outgrow the Championship. I just hope the Baggies don't make it to an automatic promotion place and Barnes experiences the playoffs. They've for a good team though, West Brom, with Barnes, Gayle, Phillips, Gibbs and Hegazi.

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I've gone the other way strangely. I think it'll take him another fifteen or so games to really outgrow the Championship. I just hope the Baggies don't make it to an automatic promotion place and Barnes experiences the playoffs. They've for a good team though, West Brom, with Barnes, Gayle, Phillips, Gibbs and Hegazi.

I just think he can offer us something now and unless we purchase players next month, we could do with more attacking options.

• Like 1