Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Happy 21st Harvey, now come back in 3 weeks please and help this turgid season.

Dunno man I'm undecided.

Pros of keeping him there:

* The pressure of a promotion push will help him with the pressure of the premier league

* Lots of minutes to iron out kinks in his game

* He will come back brimming with confidence and the other players will see he's proved himself

Cons:

* He should be playing against better opposition for his development

* We'll have to gently introduce him to the premier league next season, rather than this season.

* We need a goal scorer now, and he may be ideally posed to make an impact.

To be honest, I'd rather we buy a striker in Jan and leave him there. But if Vardy remains injured and Ian's poor form continues he could make a real impact.

And let's not forget our goal difference isn't bad.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Dunno man I'm undecided.

Pros of keeping him there:

* The pressure of a promotion push will help him with the pressure of the premier league

* Lots of minutes to iron out kinks in his game

* He will come back brimming with confidence and the other players will see he's proved himself

Cons:

* He should be playing against better opposition for his development

* We'll have to gently introduce him to the premier league next season, rather than this season.

* We need a goal scorer now, and he may be ideally posed to make an impact.

To be honest, I'd rather we buy a striker in Jan and leave him there. But if Vardy remains injured and Ian's poor form continues he could make a real impact.

And let's not forget our goal difference isn't bad.

I agree. Can't decide what's best for us and him.

If there was a danger of relegation, then I'd want him here asap, but as it stands, it might be best to let him gain experience playing regularly at WBA.

Having said that, he probably could quite easily play himself into the first XI here, and has got to be a better option than Nacho currently.

Dele Alli jumped straight from league one to the Prem and became a success, Maddison came from the championship and has been a success.

quite frankly, we’re struggling for attacking options and he offers one of our better options; not sure why we shouldn’t take the risk in a season where we most certainly will not be relegated but instead could see the making of his prem career.

the boy is talented, end of.

Edited by lcfc sheff
  • Like 1

We’d all love him to return and make an impact, but having watched him extensively, he would struggle terribly right now.

He’s doing well and improving in a very average side/league.

Leave him be to learn how to consistently perform each week, then if he’s serious about being premier league class, introduce him slowly and see if he’s able to develop the multitude of physical and mental skills and attributes required at the top level.

Wishing you all the luck in the world Harvey.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I agree. Can't decide what's best for us and him.

If there was a danger of relegation, then I'd want him here asap, but as it stands, it might be best to let him gain experience playing regularly at WBA.

Having said that, he probably could quite easily play himself into the first XI here, and has got to be a better option than Nacho currently.

My Gran is a better option than Iheanacho... 

and she's been dead for 40 odd years! 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, jet-plane said:

We’d all love him to return and make an impact, but having watched him extensively, he would struggle terribly right now.

He’s doing well and improving in a very average side/league.

Leave him be to learn how to consistently perform each week, then if he’s serious about being premier league class, introduce him slowly and see if he’s able to develop the multitude of physical and mental skills and attributes required at the top level.

Wishing you all the luck in the world Harvey.

The problem is, it is not as though elements of the current squad are performing consistently week in week out.  We could be deep in the brown stuff 3 weeks from now if results go against us.  In Puel’s position, I would recall both Barnes and Benkovic as they cannot be worse than some of the talent we currently have.