Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So you agree they aren't competing for places then.

No, I’m saying Barnes can play in nachos position as well as a winger but nacho can’t play in either cos he’s crap. Plus Barnes chases the ball to try and win it.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Haha 3

Zero tackles that game. Played as a left sided striker. Villa looked better but Barnes always looked dangerous. Two goals off the Baggies top scorer. One assist away from top assists. His confidence will improve the more he stays at West Brom and I'm happy they're playing him up front yet he's already at the top of that league. At least he has guaranteed game time even if his opponents aren't guaranteed to test him too much.

Soooooo yep it’s great Harvey is doing well in the championship  but the Premiership is an all different kind of animal . We bossed the Championship the year we went up  with 100 points plus . But let’s be honest how many players struggled the first year in the prem. Let him do a full season in championship 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Foxhead said:

Beautiful. Still think Barnes should stay at WBA for the season to mature and improve but looks like he'll be a hell of a player.

Anyone thinks Tammy Abraham is worth a shout again? (11 in 14 this season for villa) another young, hungry talent!

4 of them were against Forest tho

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

Yep , but he has struggled in some games plus he had a season in Scotland and a full season in the championship not just half a season before going into the prem . 

Not sure this is a relevant comparison.  The Year in the Scottish Pub League certainly isn‘t.  Let’s face it, our creativity is not great and we are a couple of injuries away from being in the brown stuff.

28 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Not sure this is a relevant comparison.  The Year in the Scottish Pub League certainly isn‘t.  Let’s face it, our creativity is not great and we are a couple of injuries away from being in the brown stuff.

But there is ,  my point is Maddison had a season in Scotland and a full season in the championship and has struggled in some games as it’s a tougher league Barnes has had not even half a season in the championship so has even less experience  Having a full season in the championship with a winning team will give him more experience. 

10 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Soooooo yep it’s great Harvey is doing well in the championship  but the Premiership is an all different kind of animal . We bossed the Championship the year we went up  with 100 points plus . But let’s be honest how many players struggled the first year in the prem. Let him do a full season in championship 

And then we went and won the title the following year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

But there is ,  my point is Maddison had a season in Scotland and a full season in the championship and has struggled in some games as it’s a tougher league Barnes has had not even half a season in the championship so has even less experience  Having a full season in the championship with a winning team will give him more experience. 

I worry he needs to be playing against better opposition. He was easily one of the Baggies best players and showed composure for his assist in one of the biggest games of the season last night. I'm sure he can improve at the Hawthornes and the confidence and experience will do him good. But we're not even half way though the season and he's excelled in two position in one of the best clubs in the championship in their biggest games.

Whether the experience and confidence at the Baggies or the step up in the Premier League will be the best for his development is very much an open question. The only thing that makes me think he should stay is that he doesn't defend enough to be a winger here and I'm not sure we can play him alongside Maddision without a serious change in formation, a change that may benefit him but perhaps not the rest of the players.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Barnes has half a season in league 1 and also another half a season in the championship with Barnsley, if he's good enough, get him back and get him playing

2 hours ago, matty98 said:

Barnes has half a season in league 1 and also another half a season in the championship with Barnsley, if he's good enough, get him back and get him playing

:appl:

4 hours ago, matty98 said:

Yep didn’t he get recalled from Barnsley as he’s was getting played I might be wrong it a while ago 

20 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

When Mahrez was here he struggled in a quite a few games last season and we know how good he is, point is, there’s quality there but when Barnes comes back we can’t expect him to be a 8 or 9/10 every week just because he usually is in the Championship

I’m not expecting him too . I just think pulling him now for him to sit on our bench and possible getting the odd few minutes  is a backward move for his development . And the more he can experienced in mans football before playing for us the better 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

The whole Scotland "pub league" thing is quite boring. Some players from the SPL, even in recent times, make the PL look easy too. There's two players in Liverpool's defence as an example.

There are always exceptions to the rule. Agree, the SPL is quite boring.  The League Leaders just got thrashed 5-1.