Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I never said he was a like for like replacement for Vardy or am I missing something? And recalling Barnes to be back up for Iheanacho is absolute madness while he is doing well at WBA, he wouldn’t agree that.

In my opinion we need another striker, someone like (I’m not saying him) Mitrovic who can also score with his head but isn’t useless on the floor to give us a different option.

Slim? 

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

See my reasons. Read it and you may find yourself. Seems enough people are agreeing with me. Anyways it's all about opinions. 

i have seen your reasons but i think in the grand scheme of things they are not relevant.

surely you have to admit that seeing him play against prem opposition would be a better test of how well he would do in the prem?

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

i have seen your reasons but i think in the grand scheme of things they are not relevant.

surely you have to admit that seeing him play against prem opposition would be a better test of how well he would do in the prem?

No. For the reasons I stated. 

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

It would be good if he got into a PL side for half a season before he came back, but there's no guarantee he'd be a regular starter. There's a good chance he'd end up on the sidelines when he could have been playing every game for WBA.

I think the best option is to leave him playing regularly in a Championship promotion race, or recall him if we have an injury crisis in January.

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

It would be good if he got into a PL side for half a season before he came back, but there's no guarantee he'd be a regular starter. There's a good chance he'd end up on the sidelines when he could have been playing every game for WBA.

I think the best option is to leave him playing regularly in a Championship promotion race, or recall him if we have an injury crisis in January.

yoy can make  that the condition of the loan.  you can also structure the loan in such a way it’s actually less costly the more often they play him.

Just now, MPH said:

yoy can make  that the condition of the loan.  you can also structure the loan in such a way it’s actually less costly the more often they play him.

They do have loans with clauses in as you suggest but....

You think a lower League clubs nanager who will be in a relegation fight will want to be dictated to who they have to play and who they don't? 

Think about what your saying! 

13 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

EXACTLY

• Like 1

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I never said he was a like for like replacement for Vardy or am I missing something? And recalling Barnes to be back up for Iheanacho is absolute madness while he is doing well at WBA, he wouldn’t agree that.

In my opinion we need another striker, someone like (I’m not saying him) Mitrovic who can also score with his head but isn’t useless on the floor to give us a different option.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Ok now I see where you are coming from..and agree has mentioned  totally with your thought on a striker,but again wanting and getting.....

But Barnes doesn't have to agree with anything,he is our player,and our seen needs,take priority.

again I would not bring  back anybody to back up 1-1 basis,but to have another player that gives us options,where presently  we don't have any.

Nacho Barnes Maddison doesn't sound that bad to me,if Vardy needs nursing,or operation..We need variables upfront ,striker support,and midfield.

I would prefer to see Barnes complete the loan season,but it depends on more issues and variants than just a Vardy outage.

One great example,what happens if Maddison gets an injury???  We have a lot of bodies for/ in the squad,and possible recalls,but now many

have shown quality... So far ,I haven't seen anybody other than Barnes pop his head above the parapit!!!

The idea that Barnes could help us finish the season on a stronger note,should be considered..

If Puel has and shows confidence in this squad,and believes he has the inside solutions,with alterations he gets my support,every month brings

it's challenges,and opens doors to the future outlook,including the needs and changes.

14 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

They do have loans with clauses in as you suggest but....

You think a lower League clubs nanager who will be in a relegation fight will want to be dictated to who they have to play and who they don't? 

Think about what your saying! 

it depends how desperate they- they are facing relegation after all...

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

The only problem is with West Brom he don't have to track back. Different in the premier League with City and that's not his strong point. But it's so exciting to see whenever he gets the ball he's the sort of  player you expect to make something happen. A rare commodity indeed. 

That is where i am right now. People moaned at Mahrez for exactly this! 

Its super exciting to see him doing what he is week on week and he is one for the future without a shadow of a doubt, but lets have patience... Let WBA bring out the best of him and bring on the player, he will get so much more from playing with them than a few cup games with us. Unless people think if we recall him in January he will just replace someone far more experienced? 

At the end of the day he isnt going to get worse staying there, only better and aslong as we dont have injuries and are in a fight to stay up, isnt that the best option? 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I would rather contract the clap.

I understand that it is possible to make the clap bearable.  Not sure the same apples to Slim

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Ok now I see where you are coming from..and agree has mentioned  totally with your thought on a striker,but again wanting and getting.....

But Barnes doesn't have to agree with anything,he is our player,and our seen needs,take priority.

again I would not bring  back anybody to back up 1-1 basis,but to have another player that gives us options,where presently  we don't have any.

Nacho Barnes Maddison doesn't sound that bad to me,if Vardy needs nursing,or operation..We need variables upfront ,striker support,and midfield.

I would prefer to see Barnes complete the loan season,but it depends on more issues and variants than just a Vardy outage.

One great example,what happens if Maddison gets an injury???  We have a lot of bodies for/ in the squad,and possible recalls,but now many

have shown quality... So far ,I haven't seen anybody other than Barnes pop his head above the parapit!!!

The idea that Barnes could help us finish the season on a stronger note,should be considered..

If Puel has and shows confidence in this squad,and believes he has the inside solutions,with alterations he gets my support,every month brings

it's challenges,and opens doors to the future outlook,including the needs and changes.

It happened before and ghezzal did well in his place. 

Not to forget we also have Iborra

8 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Different story if Maddison gets injured but I would be against recalling someone who doesn’t want to be recalled.