Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

Just now, RumbleFox said:

Kasper

Ricardo  Benkovic  Maguire  Chilwell

Mendy  Ndidi

Ghezzal  Maddison  Barnes

Vardy

We do potentially have a decent, youngish team forming.  If we can find a more forward thinking CM to partner Ndidi or Mendy we're not too far away.  X

Still need a wide man & a striker though 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Kasper

Mendy  Ndidi

Vardy

We do potentially have a decent, youngish team forming.  If we can find a more forward thinking CM to partner Ndidi or Mendy we're not too far away.  X

NDiDi iS sHIt  gET RiD

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Kasper

Mendy  Ndidi

Vardy

Barnes, at the end of this season (assuming he maintains his current trajectory) should be ready to step up to the PL. I'd throw Gray in over Ghezzal, but to me they are somewhat similar. I think Gray does better work defensively.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Barnes, at the end of this season (assuming he maintains his current trajectory) should be ready to step up to the PL. I'd throw Gray in over Ghezzal, but to me they are somewhat similar. I think Gray does better work defensively.

Yeah I like Gray, I really hope he becomes a solid, first teamer for us as I think he has telent.  I just think Ghezzal could possibly be the answer (probably short term, my original post was meant to be a rough current potential line up without any signings bar recalled loans) to our lack of shots.  In terms of creating good goalscoring opportunities Ghezzal is second only to Maddison in our squad despite having played fewer minutes than almost all of our other attacking players.  Had he played similar minutes he would almost certainly be top of that list.  Long term "potential" wise I certainly think Gray and Barnes have more to offer but I would like to see Ghezzal given a wee run in the team in the short term.  I even wonder whether Maddison might be able to play further back to create a more "attacking" team.  Something like.....

Ndidi  Maddison

Gray  Ghezzal  Barnes

Vardy

I dunno, maybe he would be shit there but he did play slightly deeper for Norwich?  I certainly wouldn't begrudge Puel at least trying something like that

X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Ndidi  Maddison

Gray  Ghezzal  Barnes

Vardy

I am well on board with playing Maddison in that role, I just don't see how playing two defensive midfielders will ever make as a creative team with what we have got.

1 minute ago, mancunianfox said:

I am well on board with playing Maddison in that role, I just don't see how playing two defensive midfielders will ever make as a creative team with what we have got.

I think the creativity was suppose to come through the full backs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I agree with both of these even though they are opposing statements.  In an ideal world attacking fullbacks and the three behind Vardy should create enough chances but, for whatever reason, that has not been working.  It seems to me that when we do attack wide through the fullbacks we do OK but we do not do it enough and we need to be able to mix it up.  We do seem to have a problem transitioning from the two Ds to the forward players. I would like to at least try a more attacking player next to Mendy or Ndidi but it would mean we would have to be highly organised to not ruin the defensive side of the game which, despite what some people say, has actually been very good.  X

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Kasper

Mendy  Ndidi

Vardy

If we wanted to play the youngest possible team in that formation, then it'd be:

Ward (25)

Amartey (23) - Soyuncu (22) - Benkovic (21) - Chilwell (21)

Ndidi (22) - Maddison (22)

Pereira (26) - Barnes (21) - Gray (22)

Iheanacho (22)

An average age of 22.5, and that's only so high because of Pereira (could swap for Diabaté) and Ward.

Obviously, there are areas we could strengthen that team, and we'd never throw all the kids out there together, but nonetheless it's promising that we have so many young players who are all premier-league quality (or will be) that we could field a full squad. Potentially a few options in the U23s who could make a claim for a spot, as well.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

The number of crosses we put in per game would suggest that this has kind of worked too. The problem is more that this strategy does not play into the strengths of any of the rest of our team/lead to many goals.

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Kasper

Mendy  Ndidi

Vardy

But how many of this potential starting X1 would you see still being in our starting X1 in 12-18 months time taking into account age and transfer movement?

5 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I don't see it like that at all. I see it as - I'm in the miiddle of an important season at Celtic/WBA and would like to see it through to the end.

Yes, but if we were challenging for a Europa League spot and in the last 8 of a cup playing an exciting brand of fast flowing football week in and week out, this might be more appealling to our loanees than wacking Partick Thistle or Ipswich Town?  I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, mozartfox said:

Yes, but if we were challenging for a Europa League spot and in the last 8 of a cup playing an exciting brand of fast flowing football week in and week out, this might be more appealling to our loanees than wacking Partick Thistle or Ipswich Town?  I could be wrong.

There's no way you share your chips is there Mozart lol

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Would love this to be Calum Wilson

We'd have to spend at least £35m and he'd have to want to come here with I wouldn't be sure of. plus he's had serious injuries. Too unlikely and too risky of a signing 

20 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Just scored for WBA!

such a promising talent.

Puel was talking of sending Hamza out on loan to get regular games. if it happens i’d like him go to West Brom as they seem to be looking after Barnes really well..

Edited by MPH