Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Merging Cultures

25 Man Squad

2 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Kapustka going on loan to Benevento (another one to Italy) - I'm doing well with the predictions !  Just Simpson and King to sort out before the 31st ?  I have been thinking though, one of them might stay - and Elder go out on loan again instead ?  It's difficult to read Puel's mind on how much he rates Elder - given his pre-season performances, I think he's worth a chance in the squad.

Mendy, now another possibility of being loaned out:-

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-midfielders-name-keeps-popping-club-search-look-replace-e30m-departure/

Edited by bald reynard

2 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Kapustka going on loan to Benevento (another one to Italy) - I'm doing well with the predictions !  Just Simpson and King to sort out before the 31st ?  I have been thinking though, one of them might stay - and Elder go out on loan again instead ?  It's difficult to read Puel's mind on how much he rates Elder - given his pre-season performances, I think he's worth a chance in the squad.

He's been on loan so much, and definitely worn out the u23s. He seems useful in a number of position on the left so I guess Puel will keep him around as a left sided utility player. When Fuchs leaves next season we'll need a backup left back.

On 17/08/2018 at 09:55, bald reynard said:

With Kapustka rejecting the move to Benevento, I wonder if that's because he's been told he might get a place in the 25 man squad? Perhaps at the expense of Elder? The club might feel that Elder is more likely to get a(nother) loan to an EFL club. I know that Kaputska is a winger / attacking midfielder, but we are in more need of forward players at the moment than defensive.

Edited by Outfox the Fox

2 hours ago, alanf0x said:

A mate of mine was out with jakupovic on Saturday night. He said that he was just picking up a wage at Leicester, Claude doesn’t even speak to him. Can’t believe he didn’t leave in the last window 

Puel really is trying to turn us into Pep's Barcelona

On 21/08/2018 at 21:31, alanf0x said:

A mate of mine was out with jakupovic on Saturday night. He said that he was just picking up a wage at Leicester, Claude doesn’t even speak to him. Can’t believe he didn’t leave in the last window 

Bullshit stories always start with ' A mate of mine' but serious I met up with Vardy last night for a 1 night binge and he said that Puel is a really crafty dealer of squirrels.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, danny2997 said:

Don't think it's gotta be in until all the windows are closed, so 31st August.

Just confirmed on city site....large squad list....

LCFC Squad Numbers 2018/19:

1. Kasper Schmeichel
2. Danny Simpson
3. Ben Chilwell
5. Wes Morgan
6. Jonny Evans
7. Demarai Gray
8. Kelechi Iheanacho
9. Jamie Vardy
10. James Maddison
11. Marc Albrighton
12. Danny Ward
14. Ricardo Pereira (please note ‘RICARDO 14’ will be on the shirt)
15. Harry Maguire
16. Filip Benković
17. Eldin Jakupović
18. Daniel Amartey
19. Islam Slimani
20. Shinji Okazaki
21. Vicente Iborra
22. Matty James
23. Adrien Silva
24. Nampalys Mendy
25. Wilfred Ndidi
27. Fousseni Diabaté
28. Christian Fuchs
29. Yohan Benalouane
31. Rachid Ghezzal
33. Bartosz Kapustka
35. Callum Elder
37. Andy King
38. Hamza Choudhury
39. Darnell Johnson
TBC - Çağlar Söyüncü

Maybe it came out before....but I just got to see it,today...I seem to have updates difficulties on the Lcfc.com site

Edited by fuchsntf

13 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Just confirmed on city site....large squad list....

LCFC Squad Numbers 2018/19:

1. Kasper Schmeichel
2. Danny Simpson
3. Ben Chilwell
5. Wes Morgan
6. Jonny Evans
7. Demarai Gray
8. Kelechi Iheanacho
9. Jamie Vardy
10. James Maddison
11. Marc Albrighton
12. Danny Ward
14. Ricardo Pereira (please note ‘RICARDO 14’ will be on the shirt)
15. Harry Maguire
16. Filip Benković
17. Eldin Jakupović
18. Daniel Amartey
19. Islam Slimani
20. Shinji Okazaki
21. Vicente Iborra
22. Matty James
23. Adrien Silva
24. Nampalys Mendy
25. Wilfred Ndidi
27. Fousseni Diabaté
28. Christian Fuchs
29. Yohan Benalouane
31. Rachid Ghezzal
33. Bartosz Kapustka
35. Callum Elder
37. Andy King
38. Hamza Choudhury
39. Darnell Johnson
TBC - Çağlar Söyüncü

Maybe it came out before....but I just got to see it,today...I seem to have updates difficulties on the Lcfc.com site

I think that's just squad numbers, think the 25 man squad is a separate announcement later. Could be wrong though. I'm relatively sure that there's too many seniors in that list. 

46 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

I think that's just squad numbers, think the 25 man squad is a separate announcement later. Could be wrong though. I'm relatively sure that there's too many seniors in that list. 

I have no idea of the rules and regulations....but if they announce those player numbers,surely it they don't go out on loan,or slip out the backdoor

To a foreign contract,then they can be chosen for the gamer-day squad,and cup games.....

Plus how many are 21 and under,and how many are home grown...

I don't understand if Puel doesn't require Simpson,why he still has the nr 2 shirt,and nr4 hasn't yet been given out..!!

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I have no idea of the rules and regulations....but if they announce those player numbers,surely it they don't go out on loan,or slip out the backdoor

To a foreign contract,then they can be chosen for the gamer-day squad,and cup games.....

Plus how many are 21 and under,and how many are home grown...

I don't understand if Puel doesn't require Simpson,why he still has the nr 2 shirt,and nr4 hasn't yet been given out..!!

Söyüncü has since been given the number 4 shirt. 

It was nice of my phone to auto correct it with the accents lol

So summing so othef the above up, the 25 man squad will be (i’ve It included any u21s)

GKs: Kasper, Ward, Jakupovic,

FBs: Fuchs, Chilwell,  Ricardo, Armarty

CBs: Maguire, Evans, Morgan, Soyuncu

CMs;  Ndidi, Silva, Iborra, Mendy

W: Gray, Albrighton, Diabate, Ghezzal, Maddison

CFs: Vardy, Nacho, Shinji,

So that is 23 in total.  The othef 2 from James, King, Kaputska, Benny and Simpson.  My guess would be James and Simpson to stay from that 5.

Benkovic and Choudhury are the only U21s that might get game time in PL.

19 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

So summing so othef the above up, the 25 man squad will be (i’ve It included any u21s)

GKs: Kasper, Ward, Jakupovic,

FBs: Fuchs, Chilwell,  Ricardo, Armarty

CBs: Maguire, Evans, Morgan, Soyuncu 

CMs;  Ndidi, Silva, Iborra, Mendy

W: Gray, Albrighton, Diabate, Ghezzal, Maddison

CFs: Vardy, Nacho, Shinji,

So that is 23 in total.  The othef 2 from James, King, Kaputska, Benny and Simpson.  My guess would be James and Simpson to stay from that 5.

Benkovic and Choudhury are the only U21s that might get game time in PL.

I believe that Chilwell counts as a U21 still, as well as James Maddison. That frees up two more spots. Kaputska is also a U21, I believe.

2 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

I believe that Chilwell counts as a U21 still, as well as James Maddison. That frees up two more spots. Kaputska is also a U21, I believe.

I don’t think any of them count as under 21.  I think you have to be born after 1st Jan 1997.

1 hour ago, Finn Claw II said:

I don’t think any of them count as under 21.  I think you have to be born after 1st Jan 1997.

"An Under 21 player is defined as one who is under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences."

You're right. My mistake.

8 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

When does the official list have to go in?

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Monday I suppose 

Yes, I think it is Monday (3/9 was quoted in a report I read), I don't know what time.

It will be fascinating to see what CP will do with King and Simpson. Now Kapustka has gone and Benny PROBABLY has gone (if the rumours about contract termination are true), he can't put either King or Simpson in the squad, unless he loses people like Elder.   

Edited by Outfox the Fox
  • Thanks 1