Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Loan watch 2018-19

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Knight starts against for Peterborough and Iversen starts for Oldham. Both teams have an outside chance of making the playoffs if they win. Both nil nil currently.

Iverson didn't start today. I was at the Exeter game today and De La Paz was in goal.  Didn't see Iverson warm up either.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

Josh Knight getting big praise for his performance last night

There playing him as a defensive midfielder too? Be interesting to see what Brendan's plans are for Knight. I'd probably let him have next season on loan there too.

Edited by Haywood_6

17 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

There playing him as a defensive midfielder too? Be interesting to see what Brendan's plans are for Knight. I'd probably let him have next season on loan there too.

He's only played four or five matches there due to injury anyway. I wouldn't mind a half season loan then put him on the bench here.

To have a top class academy we need at least one player a year breaking through to the first team. Knight looks the most likely currently. The preseason will be interesting.

He was playing defensive mid according to those tweets. A ball playing centre back. Competing with Benk, Soyuncu, Evans, Maguire (if we don't sell him for the Tieleman's cash), Morgan (for a season) and possibly Amartey at CB. And Hamza, Ndidi and Mendy in DM.

On Saturday if Doncaster draw to 8th place Coventry and Peterborough win against 9th place Burton then Knight could sneak into the league one playoffs.

Edited by Foxxed

Iversen let in five in Oldham's nothing to play for end of season match.

Knight and Peterborough are two nil up but unless Doncaster, who are one nil up, lose then Peterborough won't get in playoffs.

On 01/05/2019 at 13:26, Foxxed said:

He's only played four or five matches there due to injury anyway. I wouldn't mind a half season loan then put him on the bench here.

To have a top class academy we need at least one player a year breaking through to the first team. Knight looks the most likely currently. The preseason will be interesting.

That is a big ask.

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

That is a big ask.

We've done it for the last three seasons.

16/17 Chilwell

17/18 Hamza

18/19 Barnes

19/20 Knight?

Just need a new player. Knight seems the most likely but let's wait until the pre season.

I'd loan Knight out to a Championship side for half the season and then bring him back if he can get game time.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We've done it for the last three seasons.

16/17 Chilwell

17/18 Hamza

18/19 Barnes

19/20 Knight?

Just need a new player. Knight seems the most likely but let's wait until the pre season.

I'd loan Knight out to a Championship side for half the season and then bring him back if he can get game time.

I mean, some good performances from Knight from League 1 are promising, but I highly doubt they're enough to get him into the first team next season. He'll probably get a Championship loan next season, and not get recalled because we already have Mendy/Hamza/Ndidi in the DM position which he seems to plausibly be transitioning to, and even more competition in the CB positions. For sure it's plausible that we have some new graduates from our academy in the next three years or so, but nobody is standing out aside from maybe Tavares who is still 18. Sometimes, the top tier academies in Europe, e.g. Lyon, Ajax, Inter, don't get any graduates to the first team in a year. I'll be more than happy if we keep giving our youngsters chances, however, who knows if we can keep up our current rate.