Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Loan watch 2018-19

1 minute ago, FIF said:

I'm amazed how you come up with these prices.

Tielemans wasn't wanted by a bottom of the ligue 1 table team. Silva by a mid prem table team. Tielemans wasn't going to get in the starting 11, Silva has - and vice versa here. I think Tielemans will be more expensive but not such a big difference.

Resale value - silva has none worth taking into account. I’m surprised you haven’t noticed the age difference ........and tielemans is wanted by plenty but he wants to play rather than sit on a bench 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Resale value - silva has none worth taking into account. I’m surprised you haven’t noticed the age difference ........and tielemans is wanted by plenty but he wants to play rather than sit on a bench 

You missed my point but made it yourself. Tielemans is lucky if he even makes the bench at a weaker club. Jardim doesn't want him but he wants Silva. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. A good spell for Tielemans is the only way we buy him so his price will rise but it's the same for Silva.

28 minutes ago, FIF said:

You missed my point but made it yourself. Tielemans is lucky if he even makes the bench at a weaker club. Jardim doesn't want him but he wants Silva. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. A good spell for Tielemans is the only way we buy him so his price will rise but it's the same for Silva.

One of the hottest prospects in European football who fell out with the reinstated manager would be lucky to get on the bench of a weaker club? Have you are a maverick, I'll give you that.

- Adrien Silva completed 90 minutes as AS Monaco beat Nantes
- Daniel Iversen registered an assist while in goal for Oldham Athletic
- Josh Knight made his Peterborough United debut but was forced off early on due to injury
- Four other Leicester City players featured on loan over the weekend

Having made his debut in AS Monaco’s 2-1 victory over Toulouse at the beginning of February and featured in the 1-1 draw at Montpellier the following weekend, midfielder Silva played 90 minutes in Sunday’s 1-0 triumph over Nantes.

Leonardo Jardim’s outfit secured all three Ligue 1 points thanks to Gelson Martin’s early strike and in turn moved out of the bottom three and up into 16th position. Portugal international Silva is yet to taste defeat while at Monaco, who next host third-placed Lyon.

In Turkey, Algeria striker Slimani, who scored the winner in Thursday’s UEFA Europa League Round of 32 first leg victory over Zenit Saint Petersburg, played from start to finish as Fenerbahçe drew 1-1 with Konyaspor in the Süper Lig on Saturday.

After Konyaspor were reduced to 10 men when Adis Jahović was dismissed, Moryké Fofana opened the scoring for the visitors at the Şükrü Saracoğlu Stadium, before Jailson found the net in first half stoppage time to secure a point for Slimani’s outfit.

In the same division, forward Diabaté completed 86 minutes in Sivasspor’s 4-2 loss to Erzurumspor at the Kazım Karabekir Stadium.

Expand photo

The Portugal midfielder helped Monaco seal a crucial victory.

Despite being level on two occasions as Serhiy Rybalka and Hakan Arslan replied to strikes from Jasmin Šćuk and Samuel Emem Eduok, Eduok scored again before former Manchester United attacker Gabriel Obertan made sure of the result.

Meanwhile, over in Belgium, Kapustka was introduced with 16 minutes to play as Oud-Heverlee Leuven defeated Westerlo 3-0 at King Power at Den Dreef Stadion on Saturday.

Efforts from Thomas Henry, Olivier Myny and Mathieu Maertens sealed all three Proximus League points. Centre-back Elliott Moore did not feature in the convincing triumph.

December’s Premier League 2 Player of the Month, Knight, made his debut for Peterborough United, but only played 22 minutes after picking up an injury.

Expand photo

Bartosz Kapustka drives forward with the ball while in action for Oud-Heverlee Leuven.

Peterborough went on to win 1-0 against Oxford United at the Kassam Stadium thanks to Ivan Toney’s 75th-minute strike, and now sit just a point off the League 1 Play-Off positions.

Another Fox in Football League action was Denmark youth international goalkeeper Iversen, who grabbed an unlikely assist as Oldham Athletic were held to a 1-1 draw with Crewe Alexandra.

Now under the stewardship of Premier League legend Paul Scholes, Oldham went ahead on 23 minutes as Callum Lang converted Iversen’s long ball, but conceded in the third minute of injury time as George Ray earned a point for the visitors.

Finally, despite an impressive run in League 1, Scunthorpe United lost 1-0 to Gillingham on Saturday, with Wales international Thomas playing 73 minutes in the reverse at Priestfield Stadium. Mark Byrne scored the only goal of the game.

Defenders Filip Benković (Celtic) and Callum Elder (Ipswich Town) did not play this weekend, while midfielder Andy King was cup-tied for Derby County’s Emirates FA Cup Fifth Round defeat by Brighton & Hove Albion and Darnell Johnson served the first game of a two-match suspension at Hibernian.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1056745/seven-loan-stars-feature-over-the-weekend

2 hours ago, FIF said:

probably the best course of action on this particular discussion between us …………….

i think the only way Tielemans is here next august is if we sell maguire  - otherwise not sure we have the funds to meet Monaco's valuation (we need another striker).and there will be others who will pay the money and the lad will have to take his chances at a bigger club where he isn't guaranteed to start (but he is paid more). i will wait to see him playing over the next few months but i wonder if he has the defensive capabilities to replace fernandinho …….. 

4 hours ago, FIF said:

I'm amazed how you come up with these prices.

Tielemans wasn't wanted by a bottom of the ligue 1 table team. Silva by a mid prem table team. Tielemans wasn't going to get in the starting 11, Silva has - and vice versa here. I think Tielemans will be more expensive but not such a big difference.

One would be bought by pretty much any club (Tielemans) the other's stock is much lower... I wouldn't be surprised if we got Tielemans over other clubs considering we have Silva who they will (hopefully) want, but the price will be a fair bit higher than Silva's I imagine.

I see Elder not even made the bench for Ipswich again. Knight not in for Peterborough either, presumably because of the injury he picked up in the last match. 

Also, is it just me or do all the clubs we've sent out to seem to have massive disciplinary issues, both Peterborough & Ipswich had players sent off again today.. 

1 minute ago, nwl fox said:

I see Elder not even made the bench for Ipswich again. Knight not in for Peterborough either, presumably because of the injury he picked up in the last match. 

Also, is it just me or do all the clubs we've sent out to seem to have massive disciplinary issues, both Peterborough & Ipswich had players sent off again today.. 

I think Knight's back at LCFC

Adrien Silva must've had a good game yesterday - played 90 minutes against Lyon. 

What tactical intelligence and the science of investing .. I understand better why Leo was absolutely anxious to exchange with Tielemans

It is perfectly complementary to Cesc, IS are with eyes closed in the middle and both play in a touch quite often, and he sees the game well.

Adrien Silva = Tielemans x 10. Thank you Leicester.

A shadow worker, aggressive, intelligent .. It was really missing in the game! Another big match! 

He is excellent, the game intelligence of our midfield with him and Cesc is perfect. I love so much.

Exchange with Tielemans, it's a joke actually. ?

He seems to feel really better at home. On the other hand it is not guaranteed that we keep it ...

Extremely precious player, I love it!

He is just excellent, he is clearly in the midfield, he is very aggressive and player, he knows he has his role to play on the field. 

Let's hope that Leicester wants to keep Tielemans ...

A few million + Silva and we will be super happy ^^

Indispensable, the trio Fabregas, Silva Golovin on the lifts is beautiful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spicer said:

Yohan Benalouane has scored for Nottingham Forest against Derby. Currently 1-0

Can't remember if it is a loan or permanent

Not a loan but Benny is bossing the game. The best player on the pitch by a mile.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sm1 said:

Not a loan but Benny is bossing the game. The best player on the pitch by a mile.  

Physical league, who figured Benny would be good with his crazy tackling ability! 

6 games - 3 yellows, 1 red. 

Had ability, however he’s unpredictable and you wouldn’t trust him not to do anything crazy.

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Can see why Silva is loved in the French league, there is absolutely no pressure on the ball at all and they have hours to pick a pass. He gets the ball and passes it to the fullback or Fabregas. Complete opposite to our league 

Yep good player just not a Premier league player 

Here’s how the City loan stars got on over the weekend.

Adrien Silva

Silva continues to put in steady performances in Ligue 1. In his latest outing, he played a full 90 minutes as Monaco claimed a 2-2 away draw against Angers. It’s a result that puts six points between them and the relegation zone.

Monaco actually went 2-0 down in the game but Radamel Falcao struck twice to ensure they left with a point and extended their unbeaten run to five games.

Islam Slimani

It has emerged that Fenerbahce no longer want Islam Slimani. They tried to get rid of the striker in January but couldn’t manage it, and they have reiterated their desire to offload him sooner rather than later. Though, as things stand, he remains on loan at the Turkish club until the end of the season.

Slimani hasn’t featured in either of Fenerbahce’s last two league games with Roberto Soldado starting. He hasn’t even made it onto the bench with Andre Ayew being chosen as the back-up striker.

Fousseni Diabate

Diabate started in Sivasspor’s narrow defeat to Bursaspor at the weekend.

Bursaspor scored a winner six minutes into stoppage time to take all three points, leaving City loanee Diabate on the losing side.

The defeat leaves Sivasspor in the centre of the Turkish Super Lig table, sitting in ninth.

Diabate has made seven appearances for the Turkish club so far, starting all of the last six games.

Bartosz Kapustka

Kapustka started in OH Leuven’s 2-2 draw with Beerschot Wilrijk on the weekend. He was replaced in the 80th minute, just after Leuven conceded the equaliser to make it 2-2.

Fellow City loanee  Elliott Moore played 90 minutes in this one, while  Kamal Sowah didn’t feature.

The Belgian First Division B system is rather complicated but the 2-2 draw on the weekend was Leuven’s final regular season game. After finishing second from bottom in the aggregate table, they now have to take part in a four-team relegation play-off league to avoid demotion to the Belgian First Amateur Division.

They will start with a three-point head start over bottom club Tubize as they look to fight for safety.

George Thomas

Thomas came off the bench and scored in Scunthorpe’s visit to Oxford United, but his late strike only proved to be a consolation in a 2-1 defeat for the Iron.

The goal, which was a smart finish from close range, was Thomas’ second of the season. He’s made 32 appearances for Scunthorpe so far this term.

George Thomas is spending the season on loan at Scunthorpe
George Thomas is spending the season on loan at Scunthorpe (Image: David Haber/scunthorpelive)
The Iron are currently 16th in League One, four points clear of relegation.

Daniel Iversen

The goalkeeper played 90 minutes in Oldham’s 1-1 draw with Stevenage. Paul Scholes’ men conceded the equaliser in stoppage time and Iversen perhaps should have done better to keep the headed effort out.

The Latics are now 13 and seven points from the top seven in League Two.

Callum Elder

Elder hasn’t featured for Championship bottom club Ipswich Town since January. He’s made just three appearances to date.

Filip Benkovic

Benkovic hasn’t played for Celtic since the end of January because of injury.

Darnell Johnson

Johnson hasn’t featured in a Hibs squad for five games following his two-match suspension for a stamp on Celtic's Emiliano Izaguirre in early February.

Josh Knight

Knight suffered suspected ligament ankle damage on his Peterborough debut last month and is yet to return to fitness.

Andy King

In case you missed it, King has returned to City after suffering a serious ankle injury which cut his Derby loan spell short.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-loan-watch-adrien-2614161