Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Loan watch 2018-19

27 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Any info on Knights injury? 

I was at the game as Oxford my local team and I had only just clicked it was our KNight when he went off! Caused by a collision and seemed ok but they signalled straight away he was going off and he limped off would suggest an impact injury. He looked like a typical league 1/2 player in terms of good in the air and whacking it long!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 13/02/2019 at 14:08, Lambert09 said:

I dont think I've seen anyone suggest this.... I think most people agree he is an okay player he just doesnt suit us or our squad mentality.  There's a goal scorer in there, just not one worth 30m

No there was a pole on Twitter not that long about who was the worst striker ... him or akinbiyi... seriously, some people had an agenda from the off because he wasn’t Jamie Vardy... 

Akinbiyi won by the way but it was 60/40... 

Edited by lcfceaves

9 hours ago, cal21212121 said:

Silva played full 90 in a 1-0 win against Nantes

Let's hope he keeps this up and they want to swap him straight up for Tielemans in the summer.

41 minutes ago, FIF said:

Let's hope he keeps this up and they want to swap him straight up for Tielemans in the summer.

We'll only manage that if Silva not only keeps playing well but also starts supplying their directors with crack cocaine.

Great news to see Silva starting and Monaco winning. With the likes of Fabregas, Lopes and Gelson Martins playing alongside him in the midfield he has a great chance to do well. That sort of progress gives us the best possible chance of getting Tielemans at the best possible price. 

It would skew what is known as player amortisation. This is where the club’s value the worth of player per year for FFP purposes. 

So a player is valued per year as opposed to a fixed fee. In the case of swap deal, it’s effectively difficult to do that process particularly where it’s money plus swap.

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It would skew what is known as player amortisation. This is where the club’s value the worth of player per year for FFP purposes. 

So a player is valued per year as opposed to a fixed fee. In the case of swap deal, it’s effectively difficult to do that process particularly where it’s money plus swap.

I see. So the more likely scenario would be basically a swap but two separate deals. 

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah exactly 

If silva does ok and jardim stays there then I suspect they will buy silva before we buy tielemans ....... just a feeling that buying him will be a tough job.  they don’t sell players cheaper than their worth and we are generally tough on negotiating (despite what some may think).

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Seeing as tielemans will be a 30m+ fee and silva around 10m, I reckon separate deals ......

I'm amazed how you come up with these prices.

Tielemans wasn't wanted by a bottom of the ligue 1 table team. Silva by a mid prem table team. Tielemans wasn't going to get in the starting 11, Silva has - and vice versa here. I think Tielemans will be more expensive but not such a big difference.