Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Filip Benkovic

53 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

So is this guy in Leicester then?

According to Croat media he's been in Leicester for the last two days. Currently undergoing a medical, which may not be straightforward in view of his past injuries. Stoke made a bid last year for him. Croat league is a bit like the Championship. Look at Kramaric - loads of goals for Rijeka in Croatia but struggled big time with us. I would compare this with signing an up and coming centre half from a team like Villa

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Distinct lack of input from the more trusted ITK's on this one?

Like the look of him myself so hoping it happens.

So what? Doesn't mean it's not happening. 

10 minutes ago, 49er said:

According to Croat media he's been in Leicester for the last two days. Currently undergoing a medical, which may not be straightforward in view of his past injuries. Stoke made a bid last year for him. Croat league is a bit like the Championship. Look at Kramaric - loads of goals for Rijeka in Croatia but struggled big time with us. I would compare this with signing an up and coming centre half from a team like Villa

So basically like signing Mepham 

A centre-back by trade, Benkovic stands tall at 6ft 4in. His height will undoubtedly prove to be advantageous in set-piece situations which instantly makes him a threat. Also, he is quite adept at dominating aerial encounters.

Blessed with excellent pace for a centre-back, Benkovic’s abilities on the ball are truly remarkable. Despite being so young, the player boasts of enough experience to make a difference at the top level.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 49er said:

A centre-back by trade, Benkovic stands tall at 6ft 4in. His height will undoubtedly prove to be advantageous in set-piece situations which instantly makes him a threat. Also, he is quite adept at dominating aerial encounters.

Blessed with excellent pace for a centre-back, Benkovic’s abilities on the ball are truly remarkable. Despite being so young, the player boasts of enough experience to make a difference at the top level.

signed 

Filip’s mum 

Fixed :thumbup:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

If we can’t get him or Mepham for sensible money I see Craig Dawson’s not playing tonight & probably available...?

Doesn't really fit the apparent strategy.

It looks as though the club are looking for a young prospect that can develop and provide back up this year, yet with the potential to become a top class defender.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Doesn't really fit the apparent strategy.

It looks as though the club are looking for a young prospect that can develop and provide back up this year, yet with the potential to become a top class defender.

Let's hope it's not the same strategy that led us to sign Kaputska. Why not a strategy of signing proven Premiership players? The hopes of finding a new Kante or Mahrez are well and truly past

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 49er said:

Let's hope it's not the same strategy that led us to sign Kaputska. Why not a strategy of signing proven Premiership players? The hopes of finding a new Kante or Mahrez are well and truly past

I think the point is more that Evans and Maguire will be first choice and Wes is captain. This type of signing is some one who is happy the play their part in the squad and can fill in as required, even becoming a great player in the future. 

1 minute ago, roblcfc84 said:

I think the point is more that Evans and Maguire will be first choice and Wes is captain. This type of signing is some one who is happy the play their part in the squad and can fill in as required, even becoming a great player in the future. 

Let's hope that turns out to be the case. I just wonder whether we may have been better off spending an additional amount on a centre half who is proven in the Premier League - Mawson, for example

12 minutes ago, 49er said:

Let's hope it's not the same strategy that led us to sign Kaputska. Why not a strategy of signing proven Premiership players? 

That would be Evans.

12 minutes ago, 49er said:

The hopes of finding a new Kante or Mahrez are well and truly past

Why?

The club has perhaps the best group of youngsters anywhere outside the top 4.  Hopefully they will develop into players that we wouldn't be able to attract if they were in their prime.

Just now, 49er said:

Ant and Dec, when they were young:D

Damn, saw your sentence in the 'view new posts' section and thought we'd signed them as centre backs. 

They turned us down aswell have they? Everton, West Ham or Crystal Palace?

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

That would be Evans.

Why?

The club has perhaps the best group of youngsters anywhere outside the top 4.  Hopefully they will develop into players that we wouldn't be able to attract if they were in their prime.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Morrison gets on - been impressed with what I have seen in the pre-season games. Technically looks like a very good player. Ndidi could have a real breakthrough season - rate him highly.Not sue about Chilwell- he's your typical modern day defender in terms of being good going forward but suspect in defence. 

Just now, 49er said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how Morrison gets on - been impressed with what I have seen in the pre-season games. Technically looks like a very good player. Ndidi could have a real breakthrough season - rate him highly.Not sue about Chilwell- he's your typical modern day defender in terms of being good going forward but suspect in defence. 

We've signed a car park?

On 07/08/2018 at 01:27, TrentFox said:

Mine was a light-hearted response to your comment, but I do get your point. However, I think you’re possibly trying to make too much of an exact science out of something that, by its very nature, just isn’t. If it were as formulaic as you hint at, then the biggest clubs would always buy the best bets and that would be that.

But more than

any club, we know different. Players peak. Trough. Have good times, bad times. Personal situations. All sorts. Villa let Albrighton leave. They didn’t rate him that highly. He now has a champuins’ medal. Ditto many of that team / squad. There weren’t hordes of clubs at the door of some of our title winners, when we first purchased them. Sometimes coaches and scouts see something that the rest of us just don’t. Some signings just look awful. Diouf for example. Not may of us can get excited about that. But only a couple of people at the club genuinely have the whole picture. And if they say we need Diouf, we need Diouf. They might be right. They might be wrong. But they’ve earned the right to make that call. That’s hard for us as fans, as we all love the game and have strong opinions, too.  But that’s all they are. Opinions ?

Or the fact that Jamie Vardy came from Fleetwood a conference team for a then record of 1mil or Marhez came from 2nd division France.  We have people whose job it is to recognise talent and then decide if we want their skills here. Pretty simple I think. To go on about players being bought or even reported interest with the lack of knowledge that we all have and to speak with a sense of authority is a joke. 

1 minute ago, 49er said:

He hit his peak with the Doors tbh.

37 minutes ago, 49er said:

His sister also plays football. She's a centre forward, so perhaps we are signing her as well

image.png.1877231d11938fa3024f1b25556612f6.png

Stan is already stalking her after being blown out by the Belgian Bird.