Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Filip Benkovic

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

One for the future I’m hearing.

Great but do they realise we need someone for now?

Ultimately it’s a CB, something I’ve been whining (not unjustifiably imo) but can’t help but say I’d have liked someone abit more well known, tested and proven at a level.

Does it really matter when he won’t get ahead of Morgan anyway? :dunno: 

If you say he’s one for the future, plays and turns out to be amazing then we look like geniuses...

If he plays a bit and doesn’t look ready then we know he’s one for the future and might still look like geniuses one day!

of course they’re going to say that! 

• Like 1

Read he is one of Europe's hottest new talents, Croatian's always seem to have a great work ethic, plus he would also want to show his fellow countrymen he made it in the Premier league, also he's young so coming here with no baggage that I'm a big star!. I welcome him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I doubt he will be ahead of Morgan (the club captain) this season. But Morgan's contract runs out this year so will probably take over after that. I expect him to start in cup games alongside Morgan and come on off the bench / play if players are injured.

Seems like a sensible signing - give him a year with no pressure who can step up next year to challenge the first choice CB pairing, or possibly just take over from a departing Harry Maguire.

With him and Ghezall we basically have every position covered, albeit with a massive downgrade at right wing, even if Ghezall turns out to be decent. So I think overall it's the first time in a window where I feel we have all our bases covered, though I am secretly hoping we pull a rabbit out of the hat and have a world class / world class potential winger coming in out of nowhere.

He'll almost certainly come in ahead of Morgan. He's played 83 times for Zagreb including Champions League group stages, he's 21 now the focus this season will be on his development rather than giving Wes a run out. 

• Like 4

Just now, Gerard said:

He'll almost certainly come in ahead of Morgan. He's played 83 times for Zagreb including Champions League group stages, he's 21 now the focus this season will be on his development rather than giving Wes a run out. 

Prepare to be disappointed... :facepalm:

I remember Morgan versus Dragovic last season...

Anyway let's see what happens. Perhaps you will be proven right!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I doubt he will be ahead of Morgan (the club captain) this season. But Morgan's contract runs out this year so will probably take over after that. I expect him to start in cup games alongside Morgan and come on off the bench / play if players are injured.

Seems like a sensible signing - give him a year with no pressure who can step up next year to challenge the first choice CB pairing, or possibly just take over from a departing Harry Maguire.

With him and Ghezall we basically have every position covered, albeit with a massive downgrade at right wing, even if Ghezall turns out to be decent. So I think overall it's the first time in a window where I feel we have all our bases covered, though I am secretly hoping we pull a rabbit out of the hat and have a world class / world class potential winger coming in out of nowhere.

Quick! Someone line up a bumper new contract for him!!! :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Prepare to be disappointed... :facepalm:

I remember Morgan versus Dragovic last season...

Anyway let's see what happens. Perhaps you will be proven right!

Dragovic wasn't our player and I think there was a lot of reasons Morgan got ahead of him. Politics might have been one reason and Puel may have preferred Morgan's strength and better heading ability in the PL. I personally don't think Dragovic>Morgan was as clear cut as most people tried to make out.

Benkovic hasn't come here to be 4th choice behind Morgan. Morgan would probably be allowed to go on a free if there was an offer for him. He's seeing his last year out here and the future Benkovic to support the Maguire and Evans partnership.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

For someone so young in that position, he has a fair amount of experience. He could well force his way into the starting XI regularly this season. With him.on board though, I'm suddenly quite optimistic about our centre back situation. Hopefully this also allows us develop Johnson without putting too much pressure on him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Right. So it’s as good as done then. 

So so that’s probably that then for incomings

How do we all think we did in the market this summer?

Yeah it could but, fin did say Hazard could go to the wire but abrasive said he couldn’t see him signing because of our FFP issues with wages. We’ll have to see :) 

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

For someone so young in that position, he has a fair amount of experience. He could well force his way into the starting XI regularly this season. With him.on board though, I'm suddenly quite optimistic about our centre back situation. Hopefully this also allows us develop Johnson without putting too much pressure on him.