Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Filip Benkovic

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Top work @Lcfckeerut!

That means we’re only a good winger / forward hybrid away from having a good squad and who knows maybe Ghezzal can surprise us all and lessen Riyad’s departure. 

a worldie winger a way from a brilliant 11

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Not a ball playing centre half then, not yet at least.

Played defensive midfield before and I've read he doesn't have a problem receiving the ball under pressure. He likes to move the ball on very quickly but usually passes to the nearest player rather than break lines himself which isn't a bad thing.

This signing is more like it Leicester. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Being handed the captain’s armband in a CL game at 19 is quite something. No matter what the backstory. 

This. Also the quote from him saying he has to work three times as hard to keep improving. 

Sounds like he has a fantastic attitude. 

I always like to hear that the big clubs have been watching a player too. Excited!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Top work @Lcfckeerut!

That means we’re only a good winger / forward hybrid away from having a good squad and who knows maybe Ghezzal can surprise us all and lessen the impact of Riyad’s departure. 

Sign a decent starting winger now and we can look back on a somewhat strange, but overall very successful (on paper) window. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Sign a decent starting winger now and we can look back on a somewhat strange, but overall very successful (on paper) window. 

yeah but with about 48 hours left you'd feel it was a panic buy considering how long we have had.

Guest Markyblue
12 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If all these young players fulfil their potential we are going to have one hell of a team in a couple of years, if their not sold on by then.

Looking forward to seeing how he develops but it all sounds good. But so did Kramaric.

Kramaric for me was never given much of a chance. I hope some young players coming in or already here are given a chance. 

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

yeah but with about 48 hours left you'd feel it was a panic buy considering how long we have had.

Defintely, although a panic buy doesn't always have to be a negative thing. The panic could be simply spending more on a player, which you were previously trying to get done cheaper. I'm just hoping Rachid was signed as a pure back-up, in case this strategy of leaving it so late, does fall through, similar to what happened with Silva which left us a top CM down for 6 months. Not saying that 14s thing would ever happen again, but missing out on a player is highly possible.

I still pray we are deep in negotiations with a top winger and it's only a matter of hours before the rumour mill goes crazy and it quickly gets done over the next 2 days, similar to Benkovic. 

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Defintely, although a panic buy doesn't always have to be a negative thing. The panic could be simply spending more on a player, which you were previously trying to get done cheaper. I'm just hoping Rachid was signed as a pure back-up, in case this strategy of leaving it so late, does fall through, similar to what happened with Silva which left us a top CM down for 6 months. Not saying that 14s thing would ever happen again, but missing out on a player is highly possible.

I still pray we are deep in negotiations with a top winger and it's only a matter of hours before the rumour mill goes crazy and it quickly gets done over the next 2 days, similar to Benkovic. 

yeah i agree on that.

We will still see if this 'name' signing comes true as the ITK @themightyfin alluded too a another topic. - which is actually hazard.

Edited by les-tah

28 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If all these young players fulfil their potential we are going to have one hell of a team in a couple of years, if their not sold on by then.

Looking forward to seeing how he develops but it all sounds good. But so did Kramaric.

if they do I think you are right. It took the title winning team about 2-3 years playing together to gel properly. We must give these players and the manager time if we want to see this potential come good