Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Filip Benkovic

27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....how would that work, after Brexit!!!!!

Have you not heard? It's not really happening.

Basically the deal is that we get to call it brexit and carrying on paying the same and obeying the same rules.

The only changes is us saying brexit has happened and then just don't get invited to the meetings any more.

Win win?!?!

(Apologies for the derail, it'll get ignored anyway)

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, LCFC_Oak said:

Didn't we have a work permit issue with Kramaric?

12 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Why is he different to Kramaric then? 

Turns out I was wrong, although they are in the EU people from croatia do currently need a work permit. 

19 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I can accept us buying a highly rated 21yo who has been linked to Chelsea and Dortmund and even accept it as part and parcel of the transfer market that you win a few and lose a few.

What I can't accept is buying players for the same money this lad will cost who are unwanted by anyone and have failed at their previous clubs and who are in their mid 20's.

Mine was a light-hearted response to your comment, but I do get your point. However, I think you’re possibly trying to make too much of an exact science out of something that, by its very nature, just isn’t. If it were as formulaic as you hint at, then the biggest clubs would always buy the best bets and that would be that.

But more than

any club, we know different. Players peak. Trough. Have good times, bad times. Personal situations. All sorts. Villa let Albrighton leave. They didn’t rate him that highly. He now has a champuins’ medal. Ditto many of that team / squad. There weren’t hordes of clubs at the door of some of our title winners, when we first purchased them. Sometimes coaches and scouts see something that the rest of us just don’t. Some signings just look awful. Diouf for example. Not may of us can get excited about that. But only a couple of people at the club genuinely have the whole picture. And if they say we need Diouf, we need Diouf. They might be right. They might be wrong. But they’ve earned the right to make that call. That’s hard for us as fans, as we all love the game and have strong opinions, too.  But that’s all they are. Opinions ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

His highlights are basically him just taking people out for 10 minutes and getting away with it.

Don't knock it, Babs. I was always impressed with this particular ability in Wasilewski.

As a fan you'd look around. The ref would look around. An opposition player would be lying face down on the turf. Wasyl would be standing a few yards away with an innocent look on his face. Nobody would have seen anything. 

Very useful skill that. lol

Couldn't be arsed watching all of that video on Benkovic, but some decent tackles from what I did see, even if he seemed to be unchallenged for most of the headers.

He's only 21 and isn't Puel meant to be a wizard at turning yoofs into worldbeaters? Gerrimmin and gerrr Mame Biriam Diouf out, I say. :thumbup:

• Haha 1