Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Filip Benkovic

there are so many mind games in football today.... I think this could be a warning to Brentford or Mepham - we have other options so dont think we will go to high  or to Mepham hand in a transfer request if you want to force a move... or it could be the other way round... maybe THEY were the warning to this guy and his club?

I want players in, and i want friday to come. That is all.

5 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

He didnt play yesterday so hopeful this is true.

You mean on Friday?

He doesn't appear to have played at all this season either in the League or Champo, so assuming he might be injured?

Edited by AjcW

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

there are so many mind games in football today.... I think this could be a warning to Brentford or Mepham - we have other options so dont think we will go to high  or to Mepham hand in a transfer request if you want to force a move... or it could be the other way round... maybe THEY were the warning to this guy and his club?

I want players in, and i want friday to come. That is all.

I don't think Brentford care, Mepham is obviously very highly rated by them. They have already turned down a Bournemouth offer and the lad has four years on his contract left and if they have ambitions of promotion then they'll want to keep him as his value looks like it's only going to go up.

This lad sounds like a good alternative for us. A young centre half with huge potential to play a bit part for us this season is what the Doctor ordered. 

12 minutes ago, Liamlcfc1 said:

I'm not missing something am I? I've looked at the line up for the four games they've played this season and he's not been in the squad once, so why is it news now?

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Oh for sure. Just wondering why Abrasive and the croatian journo are talking about him sitting out games when he's not played a game yet this season

I guess, unless he has an injury, if the same were true for one of our players we would be assuming it was because he was on his way out. 

Just now, rachhere said:

I guess, unless he has an injury, if the same were true for one of our players we would be assuming it was because he was on his way out. 

Shows we must have been in for him for a while then! 

Seems a decent signing if we can pull it off. 

We need someone on the brink of being brilliant, so can come in when needed and do a job, but also at an age/level, where they aren't expecting to play every game right away. 

This ticks those boxes.

Benkovic and a top winger before the window closes plus shifting some deadwood, and we have had a decent window. 

• Like 3

Decent signing. Hopefully it doesn’t mean the end of Maguire! Also would like to see Darnell Johnson get some games this season as he was good every time he played in preseason so hope this doesn’t block his progress.

But having a good young understudy at CB is a no brainier so good we are looking at one.