Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Filip Benkovic

2 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

There appear to be positive replies in this thread?

Amazing the reaction of the fans when you decide to spend £10m-£12m on promising players rather than players who have failed in their careers and are mid 20's. :D

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Amazing the reaction of the fans when you decide to spend £10m-£12m on promising players rather than players who have failed in their careers and are mid 20's. :D

You mean on a player none of us have seen have a mediocre game before :thumbup:. For the record I like the sound of him, but this place has been a bit of a joke recently.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

True.  But it only lasts until they’ve played a few games and then those same people think we’ve blown £10-12m on a player who was once promising, but is now destined to have failed by the time they reach their mid-20’s ?

We seem to be doing ok in the transfer market so far and these sort of signings are all for me. We take the chances and do the research the big boys won’t do because they need instant success. It’s no coincidence our u23 boys are doing well, I think we have top drawer coaches and scouts at that level. In today’s silly money you only need a couple to come good and the whole system is worth it.

Regarding the new fella Rachid if our manager and or coaches see something in him that can improve the team then fair enough let’s give them and the new lad the backing. Plenty of FT folk on here think they could do better and it’s just as well they are nowhere near the decision end of our beloved club!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

True.  But it only lasts until they’ve played a few games and then those same people think we’ve blown £10-12m on a player who was once promising, but is now destined to have failed by the time they reach their mid-20’s ?

I can accept us buying a highly rated 21yo who has been linked to Chelsea and Dortmund and even accept it as part and parcel of the transfer market that you win a few and lose a few.

What I can't accept is buying players for the same money this lad will cost who are unwanted by anyone and have failed at their previous clubs and who are in their mid 20's.