Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Filip Benkovic

Just now, rachhere said:

Is it up to 21 they aren't included in the 25 man squad, or over 21? Because obviously that makes a big difference. 

21 at the start of the calendar year and under but there's also some criteria about being homegrown (i.e being trained in the UK or at the club for 3 or more years before 21).

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

21 at the start of the calendar year and under but there's also some criteria about being homegrown (i.e being trained in the UK or at the club for 3 or more years before 21).

Complicated! So purely on that basis I guess our preference would be with Mepham as he's only 20 and homegrown. 

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Complicated! So purely on that basis I guess our preference would be with Mepham as he's only 20 and homegrown. 

I think players under 21 don’t count towards you’re homegrown total but an unlimited number of under 21s can be used within a season regardless of nationality so long as there registered within a transfer window - could be wrong 

Edited by Mehrez

6 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

I think players under 21 don’t count towards you’re homegrown total but an unlimited number if under 21s can be used within a season regardless of nationality so long as there registered within a transfer window - could be wrong 

Probably not, no. But then its only a year until he would need to be registered, so it's still a factor I imagine. Could explain why we are suddenly linked with both though - Benkovic as primary target if we can shift some people on, and Mepham if not. 

7 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Probably not, no. But then its only a year until he would need to be registered, so it's still a factor I imagine. Could explain why we are suddenly linked with both though - Benkovic as primary target if we can shift some people on, and Mepham if not. 

I think we are ok for homegrown anyway even without King and Simpson we have 8+ also chilwell will be eligible this year 

Edited by Mehrez

9 minutes ago, rachhere said:

think either is preference as there are enough homegrown players in the squad as it is, so it kind of becomes irrelevant with any new signings.

Albrighton, Chilwell, Gray, Choudhury, Morgan, Vardy, Schmeichel, Simpson, King, James, Iheanacho, Maguire, Ward & Maddison all count as homegrown either trained at Leicester or trained in UK. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

think either is preference as there are enough homegrown players in the squad as it is, so it kind of becomes irrelevant with any new signings.

Albrighton, Chilwell, Gray, Choudhury, Morgan, Vardy, Schmeichel, Simpson, King, James, Iheanacho, Maguire, Ward & Maddison all count as homegrown either trained at Leicester or trained in UK. 

Sorry, I worded that badly... I meant age more as the main factor here, because we can sign him without worrying about the squad numbers. Then on top of that homegrown is also a bit of a plus. 

I sat through about 12 minutes of his YouTube video this evening and I'm really liking him. 

Big, strong , good in the air, got a decent pass on him, times a tackle well , came through an academy which churns out some real talent.

I want him more than Mepham. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

If we sign this lad, a centre-back three partnership of him, Maguire and Evans - Chilwell and Ricardo either side. 

Not once, even for a few minutes, have we played 3 at the back pre-season. 

Can’t see it being suddenly sprung now?

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Sadly that is the case Steve but with the players we have, I think its a no-brainer to play that system. Maguire at the centre, Evans and Benkovic next to him, either side. 

We've been unbelievably poor in defence ever since we got promoted back to the big time and even the year we won the league, we got lucky on a number of occasions. Everything just went out way and we had Huth. That was Wes' best season, no doubts, but we've needed an overhaul at the back for a few seasons. 

When I am at the KP watching, week in-week out, I get nervous every time someone counter attacks against our current back line.

Just now, Robin JD Popley said:

Sadly that is the case Steve but with the players we have, I think its a no-brainer to play that system. Maguire at the centre, Evans and Benkovic next to him, either side. 

We've been unbelievably poor in defence ever since we got promoted back to the big time and even the year we won the league, we got lucky on a number of occasions. Everything just went out way and we had Huth. That was Wes' best season, no doubts, but we've needed an overhaul at the back for a few seasons. 

When I am at the KP watching, week in-week out, I get nervous every time someone counter attacks against our current back line.

On the plus side it’d allow us to play both Vardy & Iheanacho too.

But I can’t see it...

9 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Was it not played at notts county?

Something along the lines of

Morgan   Evans   Fuchs

Johnson                           Elder

Edited by peach0000

4 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Nope - at least not in the 70 mins or so that my stream of LCFC TV worked!

I may be wrong but from being there I was under the impression that it was a back three at the start. 

Edit - from looking at match reports it looks like I am wrong. 

Edited by peach0000