Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Most overrated City player

30 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Out of the current squad you could make the case Ndidi and Maguire are both overrated, good players but sometimes it's hype and not justified.

Well said. Love them both but that doesn’t mean you have to wear tinted spectacles regarding them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

And the fact that we actually found a player with flair, skills and wasn’t afraid to take players on. That’s what made him a fans favorite.

as good as he was he couldn't get round players for shit unlike Mahrez who you could see was a much better player, Pearson recognised this as well and the rest is history.

Likeable bloke though and gave everything.

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Knockaert was an absolute geezer, a signing which seen us turn a corner. We finally had someone with the IT factor

Then someone better took his place, Knockaert had the IT factor for one season, after that for the majority of his time with us he was garbage, too slow, too greedy.

Guest MattP

Definitely N'didi from the current squad. He'll never be a "top 4" player.

Historically we've had some overrated players, Kitson was never that good, Ian Hume was so average and loved.

The guy I stood next to on the first season at the new ground used to say almost every week Matt Heath was a future England captain.

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Then someone better took his place, Knockaert had the IT factor for one season, after that for the majority of his time with us he was garbage, too slow, too greedy.

But he was succeeded, knockaert didnt succeed anyone in that regard, he was very much the first of his kind. A player our club hadn't seen in years, it's what he represents. Deserving of his cult status. 1 season is also harsh as well, all his seasons in the champ he was a top,top player. 

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

as good as he was he couldn't get round players for shit unlike Mahrez who you could see was a much better player, Pearson recognised this as well and the rest is history.

Likeable bloke though and gave everything.

Yeh I agree with that. But before Mahrez came Knocky was the exciting flair player everyone loved. Was so confident on the ball, then along came Mahrez lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

He had 2 good seasons, 12/13 & 13/14.  

I see your point tough. If Demarai Gray had the personally of Knockaert he wouldn't get half the grief he gets because Gray is probably better than Knockaert.

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Out of interest who has over rated N'didi? 

Maquire you have a case for but don't see any hype around N'didi

Ndidi does seem to have a bigger reputation than his abilities deserve, even from outside of Leicester City. If an offer of around £35m came in from him I would sell. If Ndidi could pass he would be Steven Nzonzi.

Agree with Huuuuume. A lot of players from that era were terrible but rated, I guess we needed something to cling on to. I've never been less confident about a striker one on one than Matt Fryatt but people rated him. Apart from that one season in division three, his career goalscoring record is about on a par with Akinbiyi. Joey Gudjohnson was another crap player from that era who was elevated by the shite around him.

Steve Walsh is a good shout, too. 

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

You sir are a fool and a overrated troll 

Maguire is slightly overrated though. I love him but he's not as good as some non-Leicester fans now seem to think he is after the World Cup.

Edit to say the guy is obviously trolling though.

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

I'll probably get slaughtered for it- but Heskey.

A decent target man but the amount of Leicester fans who'll tell you "You don't understand football if you don't understand Heskey" is depressing.

Yes I understand the role of a target man, it's just Heskey wasn't *that* good at it. He often slowed our play down and was outmuscled regularly by players far smaller than him.

Decent enough player but a long, long way from being one of the best forwards in the club's history or anything.

Edited by Sampson

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

Maguire is slightly overrated though. I love him but he's not as good as some non-Leicester fans now seem to think he is after the World Cup.

Edit to say the guy is obviously trolling though.

Vardy though.......couldn’t make it up

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

He had 2 good seasons, 12/13 & 13/14.  

I see your point tough. If Demarai Gray had the personally of Knockaert he wouldn't get half the grief he gets because Gray is probably better than Knockaert.

That's a reason why I've classed him as overrated, he wasn't anything special in the 13/14 season, he had a few good moments that season; however as that season went on his form gradually deteriorated, he went on a long spell that season where he did bugger all.