Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Most overrated City player

Surprised to see so many saying Hume. I thought I was alone on that one. He ran his bollocks off but ultimately wasn't very good. Maybe he was only ever rated at the time because we had a rubbish team and he wasn't as bad as many other players. Out of the current group, Fuchs and Albrighton for me. Fuchs was brilliant the season we won the league, but he's over the hill now. Albrighton might be considered a bit harsh. The way I'd some up Albrighton is that he's overrated by Leicester fans, underrated by everyone else. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, kingfox said:

That's a reason why I've classed him as overrated, he wasn't anything special in the 13/14 season, he had a few good moments that season; however as that season went on his form gradually deteriorated, he went on a long spell that season where he did bugger all.

Agree with all of that. He's a better player now than he was then, though he's probably not been as effective for Brighton in the premier league as his 16/17 championship season suggests he was going to be. 

5 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Steve Howard.So many fans still Harp on about him.Abysmal scoring record in the championship. Used to get out jumped for flick ons all the time then slap his thigh and moan at the ref.

That Leeds goal eh lads. :dry:

Absolute hero of a goal, iconic celebration too.

18 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I'll probably get slaughtered for it- but Heskey.

A decent target man but the amount of Leicester fans who'll tell you "You don't understand football if you don't understand Heskey" is depressing.

Yes I understand the role of a target man, it's just Heskey wasn't *that* good at it. He often slowed our play down and was outmuscled regularly by players far smaller than him.

Decent enough player but a long, long way from being one of the best forwards in the club's history or anything.

Same with Okazaki tbh.

23 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Steve Howard.So many fans still Harp on about him.Abysmal scoring record in the championship. Used to get out jumped for flick ons all the time then slap his thigh and moan at the ref.

That Leeds goal eh lads. :dry:

Dreadful player. A crap first division version of Andy Carroll. The Leeds goal he's so loved for didnt even mean anything in the grand scheme of things as well!

• Like 1

Andy Feeley/ Ali Mauchlen and Steve Walsh - rated by fans because they were seen as being 'hard', but in reality were limited in terms of their footballing abilities.

Matt Elliott - might be a little controversial. Yes, he tried his best and helped us to win two League Cups (mickey mouse trophies) but he got nowhere near to achieving what Morgan and Huth did.

Sven - his off the field antics were more impressive than his management.

Drinkwater - looked good for us when Kante was by his side, but totally out of his depth at Chelsea.

David Speedie. Very highly rated. I thought we only bought him because he was good against us. Yes scored goals but I thought he was just a sweaty sock and fresher talent could have bagged double his goals and got us promoted.

Very good professional but the thread does say overrated. Just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, 49er said:

Andy Feeley/ Ali Mauchlen and Steve Walsh - rated by fans because they were seen as being 'hard', but in reality were limited in terms of their footballing abilities.

Matt Elliott - might be a little controversial. Yes, he tried his best and helped us to win two League Cups (mickey mouse trophies) but he got nowhere near to achieving what Morgan and Huth did.

Sven - his off the field antics were more impressive than his management.

Drinkwater - looked good for us when Kante was by his side, but totally out of his depth at Chelsea.

Can’t agree with the Elliott shout. Brilliant defender 

And Walsh is a hero

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 49er said:

lol we've won 4 trophies in our history and 3 have been league cups.

And he helped us win one, not two. Helped keep us up in 97 which was more important. 

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

No way can Elliott be considered 'overrated'. Single-handedly won us the League Cup in 2000 with his goals in the semi and final. 

Agree with Lloyd Dyer. Loved him but pretty average footballer at best. 

Agree regarding Elliott but I think most people knew that Dyer was limited therefore I don’t think he’s overrated. More of a cult hero

• Like 3