Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Most overrated City player

I was quite young at the time so I might not be recalling it all correctly but I remember everyone raving about Julian Joachim but, bar scoring a few worldies, he actually didn't contribute a great deal after bursting on to the scene.

2 minutes ago, steveb said:

heskey ' every time people started to like him a puff of wind blew and he fell over

It's a weird one. Whenever Leicester fans talk about the MON era you always hear Walsh, Elliott, Izzet, Lennon etc. before Heskey. Yet that team was built around him and he was a local lad that got sold for a club record fee at the time and represented his country on multiple occasions. I actually don't think he's spoken about as fondly as he should be amongst Leicester fans. That's my opinion anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

It's a weird one. Whenever Leicester fans talk about the MON era you always hear Walsh, Elliott, Izzet, Lennon etc. before Heskey. Yet that team was built around him and he was a local lad that got sold for a club record fee at the time and represented his country on multiple occasions. I actually don't think he's spoken about as fondly as he should be amongst Leicester fans. That's my opinion anyway. 

i liked him ' the short time he played with collymore i could see us winning everything ' but for such a big lad he truly was a powder puff

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Controversial but has to be Mahrez. Was absolutely brilliant at moments but for me he cost us more chances and goals than he ever made through his inconsistencies and lack of defensive ability.   

Get this clown out 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Bin

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Get this clown out 

I've said it for a few years that he's one who I didn't rate in our side. I get others will disagree. For the record I think he'll fit in great in Man Citys system and will be nothing but an asset to them. 

42 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Controversial but has to be Mahrez. Was absolutely brilliant at moments but for me he cost us more chances and goals than he ever made through his inconsistencies and lack of defensive ability.   

"Controversial" is a bit of an understatement there buddy. Adolf Hitler invaded most of mainland Europe with less fuching controversy than that statement. 

• Haha 2

think a lot of people are looking back and deciding players were rubbish based on now. players like dyer, fryatt, hume and howard weren’t overrated. they were our best players by miles at the times they were here. i’m not sure anyone at the time was claiming any of them could play in the champions league but a good deal appreciated the jobs they were doing for us. 

however richie wellens was genuinely quite rubbish. but he made a couple of decent passes early on and nobody seemed to be able to appreciate that he couldn’t move, shoot, tackle or really do anything at all. 

• Like 1

Jermaine Beckford

"We've convinced a Premier League quality player to play in the Championship!"

No, no we did not. We signed a serial money grabber to waste some time and money for us. The frustrating thing is he did have a lot of talent and should have been a great signing, but he just didn't have the right attitude.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Jermaine Beckford

"We've convinced a Premier League quality player to play in the Championship!"

No, no we did not. We signed a serial money grabber to waste some time and money for us. The frustrating thing is he did have a lot of talent and should have been a great signing, but he just didn't have the right attitude.

In terms of ability he could have been a half decent premier league player or at least a prolific championship striker, but he had serious attitude problems and completely blew it. We had the last laugh anyway. 

• Like 1