Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Notts Forests

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Anything to remind the large proportion of their fan base that weren't alive when they last did something, that they've actually done something. How long will it be before they accept they're a run of the mill second tier side? You can't keep on saying to your young fans "it's alright, 40 years ago we had a brief spell when we were good, please stay with us even though we've been out the top tier for 20 years". 

They have also recreated the goals from that match using the unfunny tosspot that is Matt Forde. 

Similar to how Baddiel and Skinner used to do Phoenix from the Flames on Fantasy Football. 

Underneath the tweet is numerous Forest saying how good this is and then of course one maggot ‘can you say that this achievement is better than Leicester’s please?’ I don’t care about us but we took partly took away their claim to fame and its hurt them. 

I have always wondered if Stade de Reims fans go around France telling any PSG fan that they haven’t achieved what we did in europe though. Or does a Pro Vercelli fan talk about their success still to other fans? 

16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They have also recreated the goals from that match using the unfunny tosspot that is Matt Forde

Oh yes indeedy. He is so absolutely bitter about us winning the title and gazumping Forest's achievement it's fantastic. Weirdly he came across well on the Quickly Kevin Podcast, but on both Fighting Talk and The Totally Football Show he's just smug and biased. In face when he was on the TFS I read many tweets complaining about him. Unsurprisingly he hasn't been back on.

7 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Anything to remind the large proportion of their fan base that weren't alive when they last did something, that they've actually done something. How long will it be before they accept they're a run of the mill second tier side? You can't keep on saying to your young fans "it's alright, 40 years ago we had a brief spell when we were good, please stay with us even though we've been out the top tier for 20 years". 

The media don't help by going on about "giant" clubs needing to be back in the top division. 

Selective nostalgia is a really irritating part of football coverage. Why is a short period of success any more relevant than decades of struggle and mediocrity?

3 hours ago, Corky said:

The media don't help by going on about "giant" clubs needing to be back in the top division. 

Selective nostalgia is a really irritating part of football coverage. Why is a short period of success any more relevant than decades of struggle and mediocrity?

It’s something which really gets on my tits. Applies to Leeds, Wednesday, Forest and numerous others. How long do you have to be shit before you are no longer considered a top flight club? 

Would rather have someone like Brentford and Derby, examples of well-run clubs, promoted than clubs like Forest that take financial risk in trying to get promotion.

If Fawaz couldn't deliver success for them when he was there with all of his wealth, I'm not certain that this big Greek guy they have as the owner will have a positive impact on the club either.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Would rather have someone like Brentford and Derby, examples of well-run clubs, promoted than clubs like Forest that take financial risk in trying to get promotion.

If Fawaz couldn't deliver success for them when he was there with all of his wealth, I'm not certain that this big Greek guy they have as the owner will have a positive impact on the club either.

Derby well run? ?

What gets me is that they genuinely believe it is "the world famous City Ground", theres no knowing smile or a sense of irony just pure delusion lol. The more a football fan hates their own club the more time I have for them usually but every Forest fan I've ever met has no self awareness.

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

What gets me is that they genuinely believe it is "the world famous City Ground", theres no knowing smile or a sense of irony just pure delusion lol. The more a football fan hates their own club the more time I have for them usually but every Forest fan I've ever met has no self awareness.

There’s been a few Forest fans in the past couple of weeks showing concern on Twitter at the number of signings they are making. I think it’s 33 or something daft. It’s generally faced with a number of Forest fans arguing back saying it’s okay, this Greek guy can pay for it all. Be about the third regime in this generation go into a transfer embargo

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

• 3 years later...

And it was only a couple of months ago we had: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-61797459

Full respect for the author in the attached - its a great example of it looking like an apology, but when you actually read what he said, he was confirming that he knew what he was doing and he did not actually apologise at all!

To paraphrase:

"The writer - James Graham", "who is from Nottinghamshire himself, said the wording had been chosen deliberately." "He tweeted: "On the hundreds of messages about "Notts Forest", you are of course absolutely right. "A true fan would never." "Know it frustrates fans."

It was clear that the next line that would have come out of his mouth next would have been "so having grown up with unbearable Forest fans who went on and on about how they had won the European Cup twice and were a national treasure and deserved to be in the top half of the Premier League, and then would follow that up by a reminder that they had won the European Cup twice, it was a good way for me do something that really wound them up on National television and gave me a good laugh at their expense."

• Haha 2