Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

1 minute ago, Ian S said:

Morgan had a final warning right in front of him, Puel had an international centre back sitting on the bench but did nothing.I don't know where you sit in the ground but virtually everyone near me was calling for him to be subbed before he was sent off.It is not about players being on a yellow it's about someone on a final warning with nearly half the game to go getting a runaround and basically being an accident waiting to happen.

And yes I do apportion blame where it's due,all teams miss sitters not just us however let's use it as an excuse for another Puel led defeat to an average team so we can add it to all of the other defeats against average to crap sides since he took over. But not to worry we are still a work in progress and in transistion.

Maguire had a final warning clearly on TV and was getting the run around... nobody screamed for him to come off. People get yellows week in week out and don't get subbed. So please give it a break, it's more Puel / Morgan hindsight bullshit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ian S said:

For goodness sake you are not allowed to criticise Puel, he is a visionary and it is just us mere mortals who can't see the master plan.

Not mere mortals... just morons blinded so much by their irrational hatred that they can't or don't want to see what's in front of their eyes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If you can't actually see what he AND the club are trying to do, then me trying to explain it to you isn't going to help. Because clearly you aren't interested in what he's trying to do and would rather talk shit about how he speaks.

I still fail to see what the problem is with a managers interview. It really would not bother me if I never seen an interview ever again. 

When interviews win point's I'll care. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ian S said:

For goodness sake you are not allowed to criticise Puel, he is a visionary and it is just us mere mortals who can't see the master plan.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not mere mortals... just morons blinded so much by their irrational hatred that they can't or don't want to see what's in front of their eyes.

Hatred is a very strong word.

People have reservations - some justified reservations in my humble opinion - but the happy-clappy blue-tinted-specs brigade don't like to hear them.

We all want the manager to be successful because if he is, the team is doing brilliantly and that, ultimately, is what everyone wants.

But we should be allowed to question areas he and the team could improve.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Calm down, I’m not blinded by anything, I  have no hatred for him, I just don’t think he’s good enough! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Maguire had a final warning clearly on TV and was getting the run around... nobody screamed for him to come off. People get yellows week in week out and don't get subbed. So please give it a break, it's more Puel / Morgan hindsight bullshit.

Maguire hadn't been sent off only 2 games earlier.

10 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Hatred is a very strong word.

People have reservations - some justified reservations in my humble opinion - but the happy-clappy blue-tinted-specs brigade don't like to hear them.

We all want the manager to be successful because if he is, the team is doing brilliantly and that, ultimately, is what everyone wants.

But we should be allowed to question areas he and the team could improve.

I agree with you. But can you explain wtf his interviews have to do with how good or bad we play? The players clearly understand him and its work in progress. It's not blue tinted specs it's being rational and giving him time to make his vision work. Or do we just sack managers every Yr until one gets it right. 

Whatever people think we are not a Barca or Man U. 

The one manager that got it very right did not last long after our greatest season ever. 

Edited by sylofox
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That's funny I am sure the match day thread had people saying one of the two of them were going to get sent off and he needed to make changes.Ah that reminds me, another game where we got hammered by a team we really should be beating.

1 minute ago, Ian S said:

another game where we got hammered by a team we really should be beating.

That team we've not beaten in four seasons, currently sitting 5th in the league and just won 4-0 away from home. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Silly post, you do yourself no credit.

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I agree with you. But can you explain wtf his interviews have to do with how good or bad we play? The players clearly understand him and its work in progress. It's not blue tinted specs it's being rational and giving him time to make his vision work. Or do we just sack managers every Yr until one gets it right. 

Whatever people think we are not a Barca or Man U. 

The one manager that got it very right did not last long after our greatest season ever. 

Well summed up Sylo. 

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I agree with you. But can you explain wtf his interviews have with how good or bad we play? The players clearly understand him and its work in progress

Communication is an important thing for the manager.

From what I gather, he doesn't especially inspire the players - who don't fully understand him and it's caused frustrations in the dressing room - and that comes from communication.

He doesn't get his clear message across to the media which is another communication issue.

He hasn't really connected fully with the fans which is also down to communication.

This is not Puel-bashing. It's a genuine concern (among other concerns.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tringfox said:

I go and watch them every week, yet I am still baffled to see what his vision is and what he’s trying to achieve? Please tell me because Puel can’t at the end of a game with his interviews, it’s just the same monotonous, stuttering drivel! 

What were your thoughts on the 'vision' of second season Ranieri or Shakespeare?

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

That team we've not beaten in four seasons, currently sitting 5th in the league and just won 4-0 away from home. 

We can all use results to suit our arguments,

the same team who lost 4-0 a week later to a side that had not won a single game.

League positions at this stage can be false as we all know, sadly including ours.

so you would be happy to finish below Bournemouth then and maybe Watford? Boy we really are reaching for the stars with this guy in charge.

7 minutes ago, Ian S said:

We can all use results to suit our arguments,

the same team who lost 4-0 a week later to a side that had not won a single game.

League positions at this stage can be false as we all know, sadly including ours.

so you would be happy to finish below Bournemouth then and maybe Watford? Boy we really are reaching for the stars with this guy in charge.

I wouldn't be happy to finish below Bournemouth and Watford but I haven't stated that. The results are Bournemouth are a team bang in form with a decent strikeforce and a couple of nifty wingers. 

I have stated that Bournemouth are a competent team who in the three season's we've shared a division with them - they have finished 16th, 9th (above us) and 12th. They are a decent team. We don't deserve to beat anyone. We couldn't beat them when we won the league.

Where do you expect us to finish may I ask?

And you know what's really funny? The last you posted or liked before Saturday evening (post loss) was before the Newcastle game. Not a single post or like after we beat Newcastle. It's a reoccuring theme with awful lot of people who are negative towards Puel. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

From what I gather, he doesn't especially inspire the players - who don't fully understand him and it's caused frustrations in the dressing room - and that comes from communication.

He doesn't get his clear message across to the media which is another communication issue.

He hasn't really connected fully with the fans which is also down to communication.

I still see our team getting better at holding the ball, Chilwell constantly improving, Mendy being revived, Maddison thriving. If there's a problem it surely has something to do with the older ones who are used to another of playing style.

Our defence still needs to be sorted out but that's a problem prior to Puel's appointement even if he still has to solve it. Same goes for finishing the occasions we create. 

The talk is on the pitch and nowhere else. I don't give a shit about the PR crap served to the media and if fans rely on it to judge the manager then there is not much one can do for them. A big part of them didn't want him before he even managed a game for us anyway so anything goes to slate him. 

Anyone saying he doesn't have a plan is either blind or flat out lying. I don't know if he's going to achieve what he has in mind but certainly see it and still am willing to give him time to achieve that.

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I wouldn't be happy to finish below Bournemouth and Watford but I haven't stated that. The results are Bournemouth are a team bang in form with a decent strikeforce and a couple of nifty wingers. 

I have stated that Bournemouth are a competent team who in the three season's we've shared a division with them - they have finished 16th, 9th (above us) and 12th. They are a decent team. We don't deserve to beat anyone. We couldn't beat them when we won the league.

Where do you expect us to finish may I ask?

And you know what's really funny? The last you posted or liked before Saturday evening (post loss) was before the Newcastle game. Not a single post or like after we beat Newcastle. It's a reoccuring theme with awful lot of people who are negative towards Puel. 

Of course not. Should we win they're nowhere to be seen or still find a way to have a dig at him.

I've defended Puel on here, particularly last season and said he deserved the summer. I'm almost completely indifferent to him now, I like the direction he's taking the team and the way he's overhauled the squad. However I don't think he's actually that good at coaching his preferred style of play, long term, 'possession' football is the most sustainable style of play to win but Puel's brand of it is too ponderous and lacking incision. Last season it was down to not having suitable players but now it's evident to me that we'll continue this season we've started it. We'll put in average performances most games, win some and lose some. Puel's certainly not a bad manager but I don't think he's a good one either but for stability's sake that might be just what we need. Moving into a new training ground and expansion will be financially costly and having a sensible manager in Puel helps reduce the risk and uncertainty.

The frustration emerges from some fans thinking we should finish 7th, we most likely have the 7th best squad in the league so that's valid, Puel probably won't get us there but the majority of posters understand we couldn't get anybody better in so sacking him would be short sighted.

57 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

We have yet to read a post from you where you make a decent argument.

That is your opinion and I won't post personal abuse just because I disagree.

Decent arguments re our Managers capabilities or culpability re last week I think  have been quite clearly stated whether you agree or not.

Edited by Ian S
Grammar
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 16:12, Simoken said:

please tell me thats sarcasm...

Would you really rather us play someone else over Ricardo right now? He's our only fit winger who is actually capable on the ball, can get assists and score goals. He's definitely improved us in general play. Defensively alone is another matter.

Edited by Beechey

22 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What were your thoughts on the 'vision' of second season Ranieri or Shakespeare?

That’s  a completely different scenario, the recruitment was very poor after we won the title and we lost Kante, I think that played a massive part in the Ranieri demise! 

I understand what Puel is trying to achieve but I am struggling to see it on the pitch and how many more times do we keep talking about transition periods. I am guilty of being inpatient but I honestly believe we will still be in the same position in another seasons time! 

37 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The discontent you talk of is more likely players that don't make the grade. His motivational skills may lack a little. But surely that says more about the individual than the manager.