Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

10 hours ago, Milo said:

I think Puel is the only manager since probably Craig Levein that I don't actually like*

Never met him, and he may be a top bloke and the life and soul, etc - but still..he doesn't do it for me.

The fact that his football is pretty crap is just the icing on the cake.

And yes, I know it doesn't matter - just a personal observation  

* Megson doesn't count

Im sorry to say this but your personal observation is unbelievable, not in the good sort of unbelievable either... You dont like the guy but dont come up with any solid reason to where it becomes any problem to the football. Why is his football crap?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

We had just won three on the trot!

And as soon as we face some one decent we lost! I don’t know what it is about Puel that people are so tolerant all of a sudden,the football is shit,you must all be blinded by the possession and we play youth and the mid tableness and the fact we won the league so nothing matters anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah imagine being midtable in the premier league with one of the youngest starting 11's around.... it's almost like people think the team has potential or something.

And that "decent team" we faced, only won because of a screamer, us being down to 10 men and Vardy missing an absolute sitter. All of course it the managers fault and not down to individuals.

Keep making excuses there’s always something every game,the guys a clown his football is boring we create zero chances he’s fortunate we score a good amount of goals from the few chances we do create. Blinded by youth,We’ve one of the worst defences in the league,all we do is pass till we lose possession,I’m pleased for the Puel ins who love watching this shite,good on yous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Keep making excuses there’s always something every game,the guys a clown his football is boring we create zero chances he’s fortunate we score a good amount of goals from the few chances we do create. Blinded by youth,We’ve one of the worst defences in the league,all we do is pass till we lose possession,I’m pleased for the Puel ins who love watching this shite,good on yous.

Current 7th in the goals scored tally with 14, while struggling with the change of direction at times, Yes  its not perfect right now and we seem so inconsistent and 'reveled'. To me this shows 'fight' and trying to work this new format the manager has implemented. I admire hardwork and change and hes made more ambitious moves at the club than any manager for a long time and risking his own neck by giving the youngsters a crack at 1st team football. Respect the man. You are blind morelike. See the bigger picture behind the results and performances. You need to fail first before you can see how to succeed it.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1

I think it’s inevitable that he will eventually get sacked, and I think it will be before Christmas. One thing we all know very well is our owners do not tolerate consistently underwhelming performances, the dismissal of Ranieri means that pretty much any manager we have is expendable. The one thing our owners definitely do not tolerate is their investments being made an example out of, like us the owners will eventually question why the three defenders signed are not being utilised, one of which we know is away on loan. Ultimately in the face of adversity this is was will end Puel, couple with that abysmal run last season which also will not be forgotten in a hurry. If Puel isn’t wanting to tango with the owners they will get rid, it’s alright him wanting to sign his own players, but the two he’s allegedly picked haven’t improved the side at all. Personally I think his days are numbered, and I think it’s just a case of the owners identifying a target before they act. 

4 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Both Chelsea and Man city would have fallen into the category of having no chance of winning the league only a few seasons ago. Although bigger clubs than us they were most definitely " also-rans " Money not only talks it shouts.

Unfortunately..so true...

But that's capitalism for you,we ourselves chase a buck or 2above the odds..,sportsman in their 15-22 yrs of shelf-life try to get the best they can!!

We the fans are the ones forcing the issue...

We ourselves have owners with money...they use it moderately,and don't chuck it around,and after being burnt a few times,they'll try to be more wise!!

But our Thai owners,will give us PL status for a few more years yet...We can't afford the big buys ,in wages(transfers probably yes),but we are

Better off than most of the top 2 divisions..It guarantees The Maddisons,Maguires and a few other gems,but not the Sane,Kanes,Agueros,or Willems.

I actually prefer our way,or Burnleys and Bournemouths...but those might not afford to stay...even after cracking seasons..we should lll

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Babylon said:

"Excuses" = Facts. You should try using some.... One of the worse defences in the league that's conceded less than Cardiff, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Fulham, Southampton, West Ham, Man U and the same as Bournemouth, Watford, Everton, Burnley? And he's shit because we've scored the 7th most goals in the league. lol

So not only are you happy with Puel ball you now think our defence is ok cause others have conceded more! Our defence is shit,our attacking play is shit,our football is boring,all the possession zZzz other teams let us have it cause they know we ll do **** all with it in the final third and make a mistake in our own third,I’m bored of replying now,one thing I know is Puel won’t last here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

So not only are you happy with Puel ball you now think our defence is ok cause others have conceded more! Our defence is shit,our attacking play is shit,our football is boring,all the possession zZzz other teams let us have it cause they know we ll do **** all with it in the final third and make a mistake in our own third,I’m bored of replying now,one thing I know is Puel won’t last here. 

I'll let you in on a little secret, just because you question someone spouting a load of nonsense, doesn't mean you think everything is fine. I think we have some issues defensively. But we're not even close to being one of the worst in the league. The numbers and our position show what it is, average.

I think we have some issues going forwards, but it's also not "shit" or that big an issue when we sit 7th in the goal scoring charts and Vardy is missing sitters each week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Both Chelsea and Man city would have fallen into the category of having no chance of winning the league only a few seasons ago. Although bigger clubs than us they were most definitely " also-rans " Money not only talks it shouts.

Money doesn't equal success straight away. You've got to win titles even before the bigger players start coming. Do you think Pep would have joined Manchester City when they first got bought out? No.

Also, Chelsea weren't "also-rans". I don't know why people say this. They didn't win the league title but they still finished 4th/5th, etc and as high as 3rd in '98.

We're not in a position to win things consistently because we haven't got the players to do so. The likes of us, Bournemouth, Watford can attract names but nothing special (a player will still join Manchester United over us despite the fact we've won the league more recently). We attract inconsistent players and our more consistent players are bought by bigger clubs.

At the end of the day, Kante left the Champions of England to join a club that finished 10th and if that doesn't sum it up for you I don't know what will.

5 hours ago, Beechey said:

Mate, we're all football oracles here, it's why we spend time talking rather than managing a football team!

Hahahaha.  Fickle Football fans isn't it?  A slightly unfortunate result and the knives are out!  I think people play too much FIFA and Football Manager.

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Money doesn't equal success straight away. You've got to win titles even before the bigger players start coming. Do you think Pep would have joined Manchester City when they first got bought out? No.

Also, Chelsea weren't "also-rans". I don't know why people say this. They didn't win the league title but they still finished 4th/5th, etc and as high as 3rd in '98.

We're not in a position to win things consistently because we haven't got the players to do so. The likes of us, Bournemouth, Watford can attract names but nothing special (a player will still join Manchester United over us despite the fact we've won the league more recently). We attract inconsistent players and our more consistent players are bought by bigger clubs.

At the end of the day, Kante left the Champions of England to join a club that finished 10th and if that doesn't sum it up for you I don't know what will.

It doesn't alter the fact that neither Man city or Chelsea would have won the league without the money of billionaire owners. And Kante left us because he never wanted to come to us in the first place. He knew Chelsea would get him his next premier winners medal and he was right.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

You're starting to rant incomprehensibly now and I'm getting a little concerned. My advice is to take your medication or, if you've ran out, see a doctor first thing in the morning. Dr Babylon, is your surgery still open for an emergency patient or are you closed for the evening? 

1 hour ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

:facepalm:Really? Keep taking the tablets; you need them.

The man doesn't believe in training during the week on the opposition. He doesn't believe in highlighting the opposition strengths in his pre match meeting. He hasn't got a great record of developing younger players (Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain etc stagnated at Arsenal). He doesn't believe in the modern structure that most football clubs, including ourselves, now adopt.

It would be a crazy appointment.

On 09/10/2018 at 11:08, Pliskin said:

I think it’s inevitable that he will eventually get sacked, and I think it will be before Christmas. One thing we all know very well is our owners do not tolerate consistently underwhelming performances, the dismissal of Ranieri means that pretty much any manager we have is expendable. The one thing our owners definitely do not tolerate is their investments being made an example out of, like us the owners will eventually question why the three defenders signed are not being utilised, one of which we know is away on loan. Ultimately in the face of adversity this is was will end Puel, couple with that abysmal run last season which also will not be forgotten in a hurry. If Puel isn’t wanting to tango with the owners they will get rid, it’s alright him wanting to sign his own players, but the two he’s allegedly picked haven’t improved the side at all. Personally I think his days are numbered, and I think it’s just a case of the owners identifying a target before they act. 

Maddison? hasnt improved the team........ :ph34r: