Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

22 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Gotta be a huge packet he's on. 

And only available for £20m for Leicester as it was an optional future fee clause in the loan deal. Any other club would have undoubtedly have to pay more than that. We didn't think he was worth £20m, so why anyone else thinks another club would spend £25m or more or whatever on a 27 year old who has been ineffective (diplomatic language) at Leverkusen and only got a handful of games here, is frankly beyond me.

Edited by Beechey

26 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Gotta be a huge packet he's on. 

4 minutes ago, Beechey said:

And only available for £20m for Leicester as it was an optional future fee clause in the loan deal. Any other club would have undoubtedly have to pay more than that. We didn't think he was worth £20m, so why anyone else thinks another club would spend £25m or more or whatever on a 27 year old who has been ineffective (diplomatic language) at Leverkusen and only got a handful of games here, is frankly beyond me.

Exactly.

If he was as good as people are suggesting, we'd have snapped their hands off and taken him. 

People are looking at his form with rose tinted specs. Instead we've spent 3 mill on a proven prem defender and around 30mill on 2 significantly younger players who could be much better in the future.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Weird comment. WE won the title 3 years ago and are also owned by billionaires with strong ambitions. By your own criteria, looks like the perfect match.

He ain’t coming to Leicester in a million years. He was considered for PSG but they didn’t want to pay compensation. 

• Like 1

Amazed we are back on this thread again. Such fine lines between success and failure. We were doing well and on top before Wes got sent off. If we had kept 11 men and won, we would be praising Puel for us being cemented in the top half.

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

Weird comment. WE won the title 3 years ago and are also owned by billionaires with strong ambitions. By your own criteria, looks like the perfect match.

We're not a big club. We won the league, yeah, but we're now back to being the average club we are. I'm talking about Conte managing the likes of Chelsea and Juventus, big clubs in World football. 

We won the league more recently than Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal but a player or manager would choose any of those clubs over us. 

People need to get real. Just because we won the league 3 years ago doesn't mean we can pull in anybody, because we can't.

Edited by Fox92

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Two of those games were against Fleetwood, how we didn't concede against them in either game god only knows. One game against Saints they missed to chances that were harder to miss than they were to score. We then went on to concede 8 in 3 games. We looked solid at Chelsea, but they couldn't pass to the same shirt on the day and another was against Watford, again they missed a couple of sitters. He looked alright, but christ people don't half look at his games through rose tinted specs.

I'm not saying he's the answer but we haven't brought in anybody better and were probably never likely too. We had a good option with him.

17 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

It’s Puels fault cause he keeps picking him.

Others don't think so!!!

Plus nearly every team has a player they don't like,and usually question managers selection..so imo,you and many others are just OT T

and just on unpleasant crusades..ok have your say and show your disapointments..but repetitive pecking at Puel,on a social media

football forum platform...I find quite borish and strange...It's only football ffs..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

I think Puel is the only manager since probably Craig Levein that I don't actually like*

Never met him, and he may be a top bloke and the life and soul, etc - but still..he doesn't do it for me.

The fact that his football is pretty crap is just the icing on the cake.

And yes, I know it doesn't matter - just a personal observation  

* Megson doesn't count

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Others don't think so!!!

Plus nearly every team has a player they don't like,and usually question managers selection..so imo,you and many others are just OT T

and just on unpleasant crusades..ok have your say and show your disapointments..but repetitive pecking at Puel,on a social media

football forum platform...I find quite borish and strange...It's only football ffs..!!

I find making excuses for a managers constant mistakes quite boring,so we all have a cross to bare! 

21 minutes ago, Milo said:

I think Puel is the only manager since probably Craig Levein that I don't actually like*

Never met him, and he may be a top bloke and the life and soul, etc - but still..he doesn't do it for me.

The fact that his football is pretty crap is just the icing on the cake.

And yes, I know it doesn't matter - just a personal observation  

* Megson doesn't count

Know puel well then? 

Next 2 matches takes us to 10 games, which will be a good indicator of progress.  

So far I've not been impressed by Puel, but we definitely aren't in a relegation battle but I'm not convinced he is the guy to take us to a 7th place position.

I'm still waiting for him to tactically outwit any of his managerial rivals or show some great insight In the game.  Im sure he watches the players in training and yet he plays the weakest right defensive player, with the weakest right attacking player, away from home against Bournemouth, and employs our most attacking player to play on the left.

As stated, I don't think the club will sack him this season, he has 2 transfer windows to get the players he believes he needs, and allow his current squad to improve, of which I have no doubt it won't happen in any major way.  I would like to know, of his signings which are going to blossom, I don't believe Madison was one of his, Parriera is not a right back, and he has gambled on those defenders, if they are his signings.

I'm resigned for us having a mediocre season with loads of false highs and lots of lows, the unpredictable nature of Puel and his team will lead to us losing the likes of Madison and Maguire, who will want to go on and improve there careers.  The owners are ultimately responsible, it's there money, but with or without Puel, I will supporting us through thick or thin

Edited by Dr The Singh

9 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Next 2 matches takes us to 10 games, which will be a good indicator of progress.  

So far I've not been impressed by Puel, but we definitely aren't in a relegation battle but I'm not convinced he is the guy to take us to a 7th place position.

I'm still waiting for him to tactically outwit any of his managerial rivals or show some great insight In the game.  Im sure he watches the players in training and yet he plays the weakest right defensive player, with the weakest right attacking player, away from home against Bournemouth, and employs our most attacking player to play on the left.

As stated, I don't think the club will sack him this season, he has 2 transfer windows to get the players he believes he needs, and allow his current squad to improve, of which I have no doubt it won't happen in any major way.  I would like to know, of his signings which are going to blossom, I don't believe Madison was one of his, Parriera is not a right back, and he has gambled on those defenders, if they are his signings.

I'm resigned for us having a mediocre season with loads of false highs and lots of lows, the unpredictable nature of Puel and his team will lead to us losing the likes of Madison and Maguire, who will want to go on and improve there careers.  The owners are ultimately responsible, it's there money, but with or without Puel, I will supporting us through thick or thin

if I took your post,and put a positive  lean and twist to it...I totally agree....:D

Dr the Singh has grasped the situation. Puel seems flawed tactically, we don't seem to have an effective formula. Players played out of position,tactical naivety with substitutions.  We have a really strong squad and we really haven't played well in most of this season's games. Not effectively anyway. I would love him to succeed. Unfortunately I don't really rate our chances of selecting a more effective manager 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fox92 said:

We're not a big club. We won the league, yeah, but we're now back to being the average club we are. I'm talking about Conte managing the likes of Chelsea and Juventus, big clubs in World football. 

We won the league more recently than Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal but a player or manager would choose any of those clubs over us. 

People need to get real. Just because we won the league 3 years ago doesn't mean we can pull in anybody, because we can't.

Both Chelsea and Man city would have fallen into the category of having no chance of winning the league only a few seasons ago. Although bigger clubs than us they were most definitely " also-rans " Money not only talks it shouts.

• Like 1