Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

8 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

You are obviously a youngish person, because if you think Puel's football is bad you should go and watch a few clips of us under Taylor, Pleat, Megson, Levein, McLintock, even Shakespeare, and several other dreadful managers we've had to endure in my 50 years of watching City!!

I'd agree with you if you compare us with the Bloomfield side, but otherwise Puel is doing a good job, changing an aging squad, signing and keeping young players, playing and developing young players, planning for the future, changing our playing style AND keeping us safe and competitive. This is a huge change, and cannot be done quickly.  I'm glad our owners seem to agree with me.

Apart from Manchester City fans (apart from moaning about Mahrez!) every club seems to be moaning about their manager. Read their forums! Even spuds fans are moaning about Ponch 'wasting a generation'. 

Of course we all want success, but I don't know why football fans cannot see the bigger picture and all demand this instant success all the time. It just doesn't work like that!

As for replacing Puel, just think of who we might get........and I'm not saying that because I think Puel is the best of a bad bunch, I really think he has a positive vision for our club.

I wouldn't be so sure, I noticed that the older foxestalkers tend to be the least patient amongst our fanbase and want Puel out, the same ones who hated Pearson because "he was dour" and that "he was never gonna get us to the prem" and wanted him out when he was here. Weird considering they should understand better than many the benefits of a long-term approach as a football club, but hey ho....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abdul_fox said:

I wouldn't be so sure, I noticed that the older foxestalkers tend to be the least patient amongst our fanbase and want Puel out, the same ones who hated Pearson because "he was dour" and that "he was never gonna get us to the prem" and wanted him out when he was here. Weird considering they should understand better than many the benefits of a long-term approach as a football club, but hey ho....

Well we haven’t got as much time left so need to hurry up :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9 October 2018 at 10:29, Babylon said:

Yeah imagine being midtable in the premier league with one of the youngest starting 11's around.... it's almost like people think the team has potential or something.

And that "decent team" we faced, only won because of a screamer, us being down to 10 men and Vardy missing an absolute sitter. All of course it the managers fault and not down to individuals.

No they only won because of the naivety/ incompetence of our manager.Had we had 11 players on the pitch it is highly likely the screamer would never had happened.

Edited by Ian S
Spelling

29 minutes ago, Ian S said:

No they only won because of the naivety/ incompetence of our manager.Had we had 11 players on the pitch it is highly likely the screamer would never had happened.

Utter nonsense and you know it, were people screaming for Maguire to get subbed against Bournemouth when he got a yellow and then clattered someone, which he could easily have gone off for. No they weren't, because it's rare for players on a yellow to get subbed just because they are on a yellow. Managers trust players to not make a clanger.

I suppose he's responsible for Vardy missing a sitter as well, because he's "frustrated". Like he gets blamed when Vardy makes moronic challeneges and gets sent off.

More retoric from people who are desperate to blame absolutely everything on him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Maddison wasn’t signed by Puel. Club have been monitoring him for a few seasons. 

Maybe, but Maddison did say recently that Puel was a big factor in him joining. Doing a big presentation for him saying where he will fit in at Leicester and how he’ll help him improve. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Utter nonsense and you know it, were people screaming for Maguire to get subbed against Bournemouth when he got a yellow and then clattered someone, which he could easily have gone off for. No they weren't, because it's rare for players on a yellow to get subbed just because they are on a yellow. Managers trust players to not make a clanger.

I suppose he's responsible for Vardy missing a sitter as well, because he's "frustrated". Like he gets blamed when Vardy makes moronic challeneges and gets sent off.

More retoric from people who are desperate to blame absolutely everything on him.

Amazing ennit. That'll probably be a contender for goal of the season FFS.

14 hours ago, Ian S said:

I would have thought that 30 yard screamers are pretty well irrelevant of players on the pitch 

anyway - this thread is no longer related to its title 

14 hours ago, Babylon said:

You can’t blame him for Vardy making irresponsible tackles, but the fact that he is isolated is criminal regardless.

39 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

You can’t blame him for Vardy making irresponsible tackles, but the fact that he is isolated is criminal regardless.

Which largely hasn't happened this season. 

In the two 90 minutes he hasn't scored in, he's had good chances.

The Wolves home game there's an argument to say he was isolated but that's about it. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

I am in a steange position. .. i can not tell if puel us good or bad for us.  I like some things..  eg playing younger guys..  i dislike other things... his tactics.  It is not black and white... but leaves me unenthusiastic but clinging to the possibility of progress.

Can someone reassure me that puel will address his own weaknesses and biases to be the best he can for us

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 09:41, foxinsocks said:

I am in a steange position. .. i can not tell if puel us good or bad for us.  I like some things..  eg playing younger guys..  i dislike other things... his tactics.  It is not black and white... but leaves me unenthusiastic but clinging to the possibility of progress.

Can someone reassure me that puel will address his own weaknesses and biases to be the best he can for us

Not sure that's a strange position, I think that's where most of us currently are. Some good bits, some average bits, some poor bits and totally unsure if it'll pay off. But I do like the fact someone actually has their own vision and the guts to implement it.

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not sure that's a strange position, I think that's where most of us currently are. Some good bits, some average bits, some poor bits and totally unsure if it'll pay off. But I do like the fact someone actually has their own vision and the guts to implement it.

I go and watch them every week, yet I am still baffled to see what his vision is and what he’s trying to achieve? Please tell me because Puel can’t at the end of a game with his interviews, it’s just the same monotonous, stuttering drivel! 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

I go and watch them every week, yet I am still baffled to see what his vision is and what he’s trying to achieve? Please tell me because Puel can’t at the end of a game with his interviews, it’s just the same monotonous, stuttering drivel! 

If you can't actually see what he AND the club are trying to do, then me trying to explain it to you isn't going to help. Because clearly you aren't interested in what he's trying to do and would rather talk shit about how he speaks.

• Like 2

On 10 October 2018 at 18:52, Babylon said:

Morgan had a final warning right in front of him, Puel had an international centre back sitting on the bench but did nothing.I don't know where you sit in the ground but virtually everyone near me was calling for him to be subbed before he was sent off.It is not about players being on a yellow it's about someone on a final warning with nearly half the game to go getting a runaround and basically being an accident waiting to happen.

And yes I do apportion blame where it's due,all teams miss sitters not just us however let's use it as an excuse for another Puel led defeat to an average team so we can add it to all of the other defeats against average to crap sides since he took over. But not to worry we are still a work in progress and in transistion.

31 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

For goodness sake you are not allowed to criticise Puel, he is a visionary and it is just us mere mortals who can't see the master plan.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2