Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

13 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

We love our art. Wtf? ? - get someone to video your kick about, watch it back and then double check whether it’s art or just a bunch of sweaty ageing men all chasing after a ball like kids in a school play ground. 

Can I just clarify, I didn't say this,  I was quoting another poster, I totally agree with your sentiments! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I feel for him really. He can't really win unless we're absolutely pulling up trees. Win 3 in a row, lose a tight game in unfortunate circumstances where one player lost us the game and now everyone is on his back again. 

He doesn’t help himself. N’didi and Mendy don’t work together, yet he doesn’t see that. Amartey is no better than Simpson, yet he doesn’t see that, Maddison isn’t a winger, yet he doesn’t see that, we’ve signed three centre backs and none are first team material, allegedly. We play in a style that doesn’t suite us and seem to have completely forgotten what our strengths are.

I was all for giving Puel a chance but now my patience has run out, we were not ‘dominant’ in that game at all, Everton don’t forget are lacking in confidence themselves and even with 11 on the pitch they looked more assured than us. Our good play came from a more hearty approach than precise play. And unless Puel has a drastic reality check another horrendous run is on the horizon. There’s absolutely nothing to get excited for coming to watch these games, he’s absolutely sucked the life out of us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

He doesn’t help himself. N’didi and Mendy don’t work together, yet he doesn’t see that. Amartey is no better than Simpson, yet he doesn’t see that, Maddison isn’t a winger, yet he doesn’t see that, we’ve signed three centre backs and none are first team material, allegedly. We play in a style that doesn’t suite us and seem to have completely forgotten what our strengths are.

I was all for giving Puel a chance but now my patience has run out, we were not ‘dominant’ in that game at all, Everton don’t forget are lacking in confidence themselves and even with 11 on the pitch they looked more assured than us. Our good play came from a more hearty approach than precise play. And unless Puel has a drastic reality check another horrendous run is on the horizon. There’s absolutely nothing to get excited for coming to watch these games, he’s absolutely sucked the life out of us. 

I understand all those points but we weren't overly terrible today, thought we were quite good 11 v 11. 

57 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Ppppeeeeaaaaaaaaarrrrrssssssooooonnnnnnn.

As much as I loved Pearson and feel he personally built the foundation for our title success I think you have to move on from him,

it would show a lack of ambition to start with,

and as much as fans were on the fence with Pearson,

i would hate to think the Pearson lovers(like myself) would remember him for failing rather than what he built 

Edited by Russell sprout
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

you do know how much wolves have pumped in and hes Mendes client too, 

either way even if we had appointed NES, some of our fans would want him out,

dont get me wrong im by no means a Puel fan, but i dont know what some of our fans expect now, they moan if we win, moan if we lose, moan if we play well and lose, play crap and win, 

todays result is a combination of things that we tits up so to speak and Morgans sending off being at the fore front for me, Puel cant be held fully responsible for the idiotic actions of the captain of the team

Well one... our owners are loaded, so if Wolves can do it so can we... 

Two you are right Puel can’t be held 100% to blame but a pattern emerges from weeks and months of his training/tactics etc. And I’m bored of the same thing every week. Slow starts, possession with no penetration, exposed at the back and no good passer in central midfield. 

And Morgan is done

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Well one... our owners are loaded, so if Wolves can do it so can we... 

Two you are right Puel can’t be held 100% to blame but a pattern emerges from weeks and months of his training/tactics etc. And I’m bored of the same thing every week. Slow starts, possession with no penetration, exposed at the back and no good passer in central midfield. 

And Morgan is done

yeah dont you remember we did the whole throw money at a manager thing with Sven, yeah worked out wonderfully right....and what about FFP

either way i feel sorry for Puel now, whatever he does he wont make any of our fans happy, even if we won a cup thos seasobn he'd still get looked down o by some of our fans, 

and i feel sorry for the next manager to come in too, as some of our fans will want him out within a month if hes not playing the right way ec

winning the league may have been great for the club etc but its raised expectation level from some of our fans will beyond belief 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

yeah dont you remember we did the whole throw money at a manager thing with Sven, yeah worked out wonderfully right....and what about FFP

either way i feel sorry for Puel now, whatever he does he wont make any of our fans happy, even if we won a cup thos seasobn he'd still get looked down o by some of our fans, 

and i feel sorry for the next manager to come in too, as some of our fans will want him out within a month if hes not playing the right way ec

winning the league may have been great for the club etc but its raised expectation level from some of our fans will beyond belief 

So by that statement no manager we ever give a lot of money to will ever succeed because of The Sven experience... and have Wolves incurred any ffp sanctions? 

And whether we’d won the league or... if you don’t like what you see then you can say and have an opinion, not just accept mediocrity 

25 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I would Break the bank for Eddie Howe if we do get rid of Puel

Bit of devils advocate here but Eddie went through what Puel is going through now, last season with Bournemouth. He signed a number of young players who he had to bed into the first team and help implement the style of play they now seemed to have mastered. This led to inconsistent results a pretty poor start last year.

You’d imagine he would have to do the same here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Ndidi and mendy don’t work together?  how so? 

Amartey is is no better than Simpson......  No idea nowadays ...... if simmo has gone downhill as fast as Wes then I suspect he is. 

Madisson isnt a winger .......  He isn’t paying as a winger? 

What are our strengths?  

Even if we did get a new manager he'd still need to deal with the fact we have two decent left backs, one decent centre half, one aging centre half, one centre half who doesn't speak English, another one who's injured in Scotland, two vaguely promising youth centre halves, a right back who struggles with possession, a right back who struggles against the bigger teams and a right back who can attack much better than defend. A new manager won't magic that problem away.

30 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

So by that statement no manager we ever give a lot of money to will ever succeed because of The Sven experience... and have Wolves incurred any ffp sanctions? 

And whether we’d won the league or... if you don’t like what you see then you can say and have an opinion, not just accept mediocrity 

no did i say that?, just the fact you cant go out spending fudge ton of money because of FFP and that, plus the fact we've done it in a sort and it kind of blew up in our faces, we should spend but we need to bring the right sort of players in and not just spend for spendings sake

of coruse you can say what you like, but im sure people woud rather see a team playing half decent football and winning etc, rather than lovely free flowing football etc and losing

the bigger picture with what Puel is doing is we really only had one string to our bow the last few seasons in mainly being a counter attack side ala rob and rush, and that itsnt always going to work, so hes trying to add something else to our game in being a bit more possessions based, 

all i say from your not accepting mediocrity thing then is.......good luck to the next manager and the one after that as they wont cut it then unless we are top 6 playing free flowing winning football, which isnt going to happen:ph34r: :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Even if we did get a new manager he'd still need to deal with the fact we have two decent left backs, one decent centre half, one aging centre half, one centre half who doesn't speak English, another one who's injured in Scotland, two vaguely promising youth centre halves, a right back who struggles with possession, a right back who struggles against the bigger teams and a right back who can attack much better than defend. A new manager won't magic that problem away.

Maybe not, but at least he will see the problem just as you quite correctly have. The problem is Puel doesn't and keeps repeating the same mistakes.

11 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

I think that he is destined to fail here, his undoing will be signing three centre backs, of which one is reportedly not ready for action, one is past it and one is out on loan. However you want to gloss that, it’s unacceptable.  

Should have bought Dragovic, end of. The run of clean sheets at the start of this calendar year is the only time we've looked solid under Puel and that was with Maguire and Draogvic.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Ndidi and mendy don’t work together?  how so? 

Amartey is is no better than Simpson......  No idea nowadays ...... if simmo has gone downhill as fast as Wes then I suspect he is. 

Madisson isnt a winger .......  He isn’t paying as a winger? 

What are our strengths?  

N’didi’s strengths are ball recovery, his weaknesses short range passing and generally attacking play, Mendy’s strengths are taking up defensive positions and cutting out passing lanes. Neither of them are capable of providing adequate support for the attack, neither are particularly good at passing and both are doing effectively the same job, neither of them are particularly clever with their mobility either, so we could really do with playing Iborra or Silva, someone who is a bit more attack minded. 

Amartey has no defensive awareness, where Simpson used to push defenders out wide and force them to either put a hopeful ball in or force the attacker back, Amartey just allows player past him, again his passing isn’t the best, he isn’t particularly good on the ball and his timing is poor going into challenges, hence Bernard having acres off greenery to play with for their first goal. 

Yesterday Maddison started as a left midfielder, he is completely ineffective in that position, he isn’t quick or dynamic enough for a left midfielder, he is much better receiving the ball on the back foot and operating in tight spaces. So it’s comletely pointless having him stuck out on the wing. 

Our strength creating space for Vardy to exploit behind the back for, and utalising width to stretch teams, which on occasion Ricardo did, but not often enough because our build up play is far too slow. Puel is effectively asking a cow to run the grand national. 

10 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

sofa, so good.

17 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been more undecided on a manager. 

I can can see what he’s trying to do, but I’m not sure what he’s trying to do is the right thing. 

But we can play some really good stuff at times.

But it’s very boring at times.

But he signed Maddison.

But he starts Morgan.

But he seems a very dignified, loyal man.

But he’s a boring bastard.

I think that if I’m still not sure about him after a year, I never will be. Shallow I know, but I just don’t see enough progress.

:appl:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I feel for him really. He can't really win unless we're absolutely pulling up trees. Win 3 in a row, lose a tight game in unfortunate circumstances where one player lost us the game and now everyone is on his back again. 

Morgan’s sending off is as much Puel’s responsibility as Morgan’s. Morgan’s uncomfortable playing even in a mid block now,  he pressures a player after stepping out and gets beaten far too often so resorts to fouling. Bournemouth away the problem obviously manifested itself in two yellows and he absolutely should not have been back in the side since then.

Wolves in the cup he repeatedly made clumsy challenges, it’s daft from Morgan but the way we play (which isn’t actually that taxing) is asking too much of him. It’s not surprising given he’s 34 and played almost 700 career game