StriderHiryu

Jamie Vardy to Speak at the Oxford Union

Jamie Vardy and wife Rebekah Vardy will speak at the prestigious Oxford Union which has hosted Sir Winston Churchill, the Dalai Lama and four US presidents.

The Leicester City striker and his wife will attend the Union which is best known for high-profile speakers ranging from politics, religion, science and the Arts.

Previous footballing guests have included Geoff Hurst, Diego Maradona and Paul Gascoigne.

The Vardys will not be paid to speak at the speak at Oxford Union

The Union website describes the player's rise from non-league football with Fleetwood Town to Premier League title winner with Leicester City and England World Cup striker.

It says Rebekah Vardy is a TV presenter and ambassador for Barnardo's who has spoken out about her own mental health experiences.

The pair will attend the Oxford Union on November 14.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11522678/jamie-vardy-and-wife-rebekah-vardy-to-speak-at-oxford-union

-----------------------------------------

Not too bothered about his wife but would love to hear from him about his rise to glory! These are normally very good so looking forward to it!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I quite like Vardy's wife. She does a shit ton for charity, although i didnt realise she was a Tv presenter. 

plenty of people love to ignore that.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, StanSP said:

plenty of people love to ignore that.

A lot of celebrities (though I wouldn't call her a celebrity) do stuff for charity. Many of which just don't see the need to tell everybody ..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I quite like Vardy's wife. She does a shit ton for charity, although i didnt realise she was a Tv presenter. 

You do understand how this works right?

I always think he comes across as brighter and more switched-on than the average footballer so I have no doubt it'll be interesting. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I think she presents a Shopping Channel in Azerbaijan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

they get all sorts on there. bellerin, tommy robinson, chris eubank. wouldn't surprise me if they've had mr blobby on there.

Edited by don_danbury
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

A lot of celebrities (though I wouldn't call her a celebrity) do stuff for charity. Many of which just don't see the need to tell everybody ..

Charity or not, some of the abuse she gets is ridiculous. Just because she chooses to publicise it, why does she deserve to have all kinds of vitriol and abuse handed to her? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Charity or not, some of the abuse she gets is ridiculous. Just because she chooses to publicise it, why does she deserve to have all kinds of vitriol and abuse handed to her? 

I dunno, I'm not justifying it. She's irrelevant to me but I guess people like to criticise others publicly.

24 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I dunno, I'm not justifying it. She's irrelevant to me but I guess people like to criticise others publicly.

such a weird thing to criticise someone for, that they like to do charitable work lol 

of all the things to hate someone for!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, boots60 said:

This is during the international break.

He's knocked his England career on the head to do this???

Or they've realised he's now bookable because he's got some free time now...

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

such a weird thing to criticise someone for, that they like to do charitable work lol 

of all the things to hate someone for!

I know, it’s weird criticising someone for doing good stuff, even if they boast about it (not saying she does). it’s infinitely better than doing nothing which 80% of us do.

All due respect, what has she got to talk about on the same stage that has hosted world greats?