Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction phase

14 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Also, there IS a plan to relocate and protect the newts.

I hope Frank is satisfied.

(Unlikely)

will that include the Pisstazzá Newt? I see very few benches to train the large majority of our playing staff to develop a good hard 90 minute arse.

2 hours ago, thesilverfox said:

I wonder why the club haven't so much as released the images that we've all seen, or announced that construction is underway?

I understand with the past few weeks, but before that?

Looking at the construction plan they started work on the 5th; they were probably planning to announce something then but as you say it probably wasn’t the right time. I passed by there a couple of times to check if my scarf was still there and it was only a week ago that it had been moved and there was signs of people working. So they probably didn’t start on schedule out of respect. 

I imagine we’ll get a proper announcement with a photo shoot very early in the new year.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thesilverfox said:

I wonder why the club haven't so much as released the images that we've all seen, or announced that construction is underway?

I understand with the past few weeks, but before that?

I'd imagine we'd like to have Top do the "ground breaking", but obviously the timing and circumstances haven't been right. They'll want to make the most of the story.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Anyone know what the 22 pitches (of differing sizes) are going to be used for? Are local teams going to be able to use them or rent them out?

Multitude of uses:

Goalkeeper work

Defence work

Attack work

”Show pitch” for academy teams

Some will be set up to mimic difference sizes and characteristics of upcoming opponents pitches

Indoor pitch will be able to mimic weather conditions

Newt rehabilitation pitch

Loads of uses. 

22 pitches are needed because they are expanding the academy to 800 youngsters to hope to find one or two good ones.Local teams will be able to use anything they like free of charge with sandwiches provided after .

Kidding  -the pitches will actually be used to grow grass which will be transferred to local golf courses as compensation  for loss of golf facilities.

Frank says Hi

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

22 pitches are needed because they are expanding the academy to 800 youngsters to hope to find one or two good ones.Local teams will be able to use anything they like free of charge with sandwiches provided after .

Kidding  -the pitches will actually be used to grow grass which will be transferred to local golf courses as compensation  for loss of golf facilities.

Frank says Hi

I see you have this sarcasm thing down to a tee.

(golf pun)

Guest Markyblue
5 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Frank says Hi

Let it go mate, just let it go.

25 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

How the hell are they going to catch newts ?? Send in teams of little kids with nets and jam jars ??

That's the beauty of it. They won't catch any newts but they will spend millions trying to do so. They did the same thing near my parents house in claybrooke and I'm told the few newts found weren't endangered anyway. 

Trenches lined with plastic was the tekkers they used.