Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction phase

Has anyone got any updates on this ??

Over two weeks have passed since planning was approved and I don't believe the club have made any official announcement. Contractors and JCB's must be on standby ready to roll once the go-ahead is given. Must be some confirmed rumours that can be shared.

Would be interesting to know what the plan is for Belvoir Drive.

Perhaps the club are waiting for the 6 week Judicial Review period to expire :dunno:

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Has anyone got any updates on this ??

Over two weeks have passed since planning was approved and I don't believe the club have made any official announcement. Contractors and JCB's must be on standby ready to roll once the go-ahead is given. Must be some confirmed rumours that can be shared.

Would be interesting to know what the plan is for Belvoir Drive.

Perhaps the club are waiting for the 6 week Judicial Review period to expire :dunno:

Probably just finalising all the details and making sure Frank’s OK with it.

This is from Construction Enquirer a couple of weeks ago:

McLaren tipped for £120m Leicester City training complex | Construction Enquirer

Grant Prior 2 weeks ago

McLaren Construction is understood to have won the contract to build a new £120m training complex for Leicester City.

The plans were given the green light by Charnwood Borough Council on Thursday night.

The Enquirer understands McLaren fought off competition from Buckingham, Kier and McLaughlin & Harvey to land the job.

A source close to the project said: “Nothing has been made official yet but we all know that McLaren has bagged this one.”

Futuristic designs for the training centre at the former Park Hill Golf and Fishing Centre site have been drawn-up by architect KSS.

The masterplan includes 12 full-size pitches, together with various smaller pitches and targeted outdoor training areas, including a full-size indoor pitch within a signature building that moulds into the landscape.

A training facility building for the academy and First team players will include medical, tactical, training and dining facilities.

The complex will also include a Sports Turf Academy which will train the next generation of groundspeople and a show pitch with a 499-seat stand to allow under-23s and U18s to play in a ‘match environment’.

The project is being overseen by Leicester City CEO Susan Whelan and Director of Estates and Infrastructure Mags Mernagh.

KSS has been involved in a host of major football projects including Wembley Stadium, Anfield and the Tottenham training centre.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just been past on my way home. Nice to see someone else has left a scarf on the gates. 

Tell you what though, that junction on the A46 is a bit dangerous.

Thank you, that's raised a wee smile, obviously been a rarity this week .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Those newts are little ****ers. You don't see hide nor hair of them until someone wants to build something, then the pissed up bastards are swanning around everywhere.

This is actually the main issue ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just driven past - the scarves have gone from the gates (I wonder if the club moved them to the new memorial site?) and there’s now construction signs along the road and outside the site explicitly telling them not to go through Seagrave. And as was there an empty heavy load transporter pulled up to the gates - so work must be starting soon! I do wonder when they’re going to announce it officially though. Still, exciting times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just driven past - the scarves have gone from the gates (I wonder if the club moved them to the new memorial site?) and there’s now construction signs along the road and outside the site explicitly telling them not to go through Seagrave. And as was there an empty heavy load transporter pulled up to the gates - so work must be starting soon! I do wonder when they’re going to announce it officially though. Still, exciting times.

There's an FCC meeting tonight. Although the club try to restrict what is said in public I'm sure we will get an update.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Generally meant that I don’t know where to find it; wasn’t meant to as a swipe at the club or anyone...

Didn’t know that - where!?

It was a process you had to apply for at the start of the season. Normally if selected you get a 1 season term unless you represent a group, such as the foxes trust, ufs, etc.

So sure they will advertise again in the summer.

As for what happens. The club do ask you not to share sensitive information as such. But loads gets leaked on here and we are only bound not to say anything until official announcements

Not sure about the notes being published but they do say that transparency is key so they must be available somewhere.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I drove past earlier too and had the same thoughts

Still sad to see the golf course gone had some good times and good mates there and lets face it the football club could have picked anywhere albeit planning may have been a lot more difficult.

Ive said before we won the league out of Belvoir drive and a new training set up is not likely to stop us playing sideways passes is it