Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction phase

On 16/01/2019 at 20:13, davieG said:

Not in itself but I would hope it will make a big improvement to our Academy input and subsequently the out put. If you want to develop better players you've got to at least match the facilities of your competitors.

You have seen the current ‘facilities’ at Newport right Davie?

On 24/01/2019 at 12:42, Babylon said:

LCFC "Hello Mr fancy foreign footballer, this is our state of the art training complex which includes bedrooms for players and a 9 hole golf course"

Player "It's lovely, but I've got an offer from Newcastle, so I'm going to speak to them first"

Leicester-training-KSS.jpg

NUFC "Alrreeeet Pet, the shitters are on the right. Bring ya own bog role though. What ya reckon, up for signing with us pet?"

Player "Yo no hablo ingles"

JS88580598.jpg

Definitely been a lot of wonga spent on that...

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-leicester-city-training-ground-2508593

New Leicester City training ground will be 'most advanced in Europe'
The company developing the Charnwood site say the plans for City's training facility are 'breathtaking'

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-leicester-city-training-ground-2508593

The company developing the Charnwood site say the plans for City's training facility are 'breathtaking'

Just looks so good, and Vichai was right in that this is a great strategy for attracting players who might otherwise dismiss Leicester - after all it's where they will spend most of their working week. Hope they give fans a chance to look round when it's ready (maybe through a draw or something).

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

Will look amazing when it’s completed to be fair and can’t help but make us more attractive to players we are trying to buy 

20 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Just looks so good, and Vichai was right in that this is a great strategy for attracting players who might otherwise dismiss Leicester - after all it's where they will spend most of their working week. Hope they give fans a chance to look round when it's ready (maybe through a draw or something).

4 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Will look amazing when it’s completed to be fair and can’t help but make us more attractive to players we are trying to buy 

If you look at some of the quality players we’ve attracted to Belvoir Drive in recent years, just imagine how many more quality players we could attract to this place when it’s open!

Guest Markyblue
7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Incidentally I was driving into Sileby last night and there appeared to be a helicoptor (or a massive drone) hovering above the construction site.

Possibly looking for newts.

Bad crash at thrussington.

The training facility looks like it's going to be amazing, state of the art facilities, the best technology in Europe, bedrooms for the players and managers to stay in, dozens of pitches & even a school for the groundsman, We'll be attracting some of the best players in Europe and I can't help but think what a lucky bunch we are...

But I can't be the only one that's p*ssed off that the training ground is only being built with 499 seats, add another one in or scrap the whole project!!!

2 hours ago, Jack1993 said:

The training facility looks like it's going to be amazing, state of the art facilities, the best technology in Europe, bedrooms for the players and managers to stay in, dozens of pitches & even a school for the groundsman, We'll be attracting some of the best players in Europe and I can't help but think what a lucky bunch we are...

But I can't be the only one that's p*ssed off that the training ground is only being built with 499 seats, add another one in or scrap the whole project!!!

Maybe there are some laws, health and safety or tax implications from 500 seat upwards which LCFC are avoiding by staying just under that.

• Like 1