Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction phase

I'm sure they'll incorporate a dedication stone reflecting Vichai's massive contribution. Possible 2 with the other recording that Top laid the first foundation block.

On 23/11/2018 at 21:06, urban.spaceman said:

Multitude of uses:

Goalkeeper work

Defence work

Attack work

”Show pitch” for academy teams

Some will be set up to mimic difference sizes and characteristics of upcoming opponents pitches

Indoor pitch will be able to mimic weather conditions

Newt (Ankle) rehabilitation pitch

Loads of uses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Definitely activity going on down there, seen some contractors on top of the club house the other week and there's been increasing traffic. 

Going to take time but will be fantastic when it's done, especially deadline day... I've got my deck chair all ready to camp out (it's only a stones throw away for me).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I hope they’ve got a few time lapse cameras and webcams set up so we can watch what’s going on.

Didn’t they do that for the building of the KP?!

They did but it was all a bit grainy given that most of us that had that new fangled internet thing were on dial-up. However, we did have the viewing platform on the other side of the road. We called it Freeman's Wharf then (still is).

32 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

They did but it was all a bit grainy given that most of us that had that new fangled internet thing were on dial-up. However, we did have the viewing platform on the other side of the road. We called it Freeman's Wharf then (still is).

I remember that! They had a cabin with a little model of it too!

2 hours ago, los dedos said:

Frank will be happy 

Hopefully not related to us as it’s the smaller crossroads on the left of this pic and it’s the one on the right that’s the controversial one and all construction traffic is banned from the village. 

7EDFE88A-8A9F-4127-8D6A-EB2B0B69809A.thumb.jpeg.c06aacc3e52ca2086a1afd585379e692.jpeg
Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 1

Was out walking the dog the other day, got chatting to another walker about a footpath. Boring conversation. He said he was part of the Ramblers Association. I asked him about the bridleway that runs through the training ground site, which he was very familiar with. He was convince that they were applying to reroute it closer to the A46 to rejoin the rest of the path. He also said they’d be objecting to it on the grounds that it would “ruin the enjoyment of the footpath”, which he said was grounded in the law. 

He then said that they only want to move the path so that they can “protect their precious little players”, which I thought was hilarious. 

32 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Was out walking the dog the other day, got chatting to another walker about a footpath. Boring conversation. He said he was part of the Ramblers Association. I asked him about the bridleway that runs through the training ground site, which he was very familiar with. He was convince that they were applying to reroute it closer to the A46 to rejoin the rest of the path. He also said they’d be objecting to it on the grounds that it would “ruin the enjoyment of the footpath”, which he said was grounded in the law. 

He then said that they only want to move the path so that they can “protect their precious little players”, which I thought was hilarious. 

When you say runs through the training ground site is it nearer the perimeter or the middle ?? Do you know what route it takes ??

Guest Markyblue
56 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

A few well placed volleys from the boys will soon have the ramblers looking for something else to complain about.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Bridleways can actually be re-routed.

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

When you say runs through the training ground site is it nearer the perimeter or the middle ?? Do you know what route it takes ??

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/52.7396/-1.0714

It cuts off the bottom third which, according to the master plan, will actually miss the training facility and go alongside the golf course. But I’d imagine we wouldn’t want any sort of access of the public to the site which is why they’ll want to move it. 

LCFCTG-Landscape-Masterplan.jpg

Edited by urban.spaceman

So, you’d play the first 4 holes and then have to drive over the other side to play the other 5? It’ll be a nice to have for the players but that just feels like cramming for the sake of it lol 

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

'ruining the enjoyment of the footpath' is a fanstic phrase.

37 minutes ago, KFS said:

So, you’d play the first 4 holes and then have to drive over the other side to play the other 5? It’ll be a nice to have for the players but that just feels like cramming for the sake of it lol 

*wonders how far you could smash the golfball*

59 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/52.7396/-1.0714

It cuts off the bottom third which, according to the master plan, will actually miss the training facility and go alongside the golf course. But I’d imagine we wouldn’t want any sort of access of the public to the site which is why they’ll want to move it. 

LCFCTG-Landscape-Masterplan.jpg

The centre of the masterplan reminds me of the kind of diagram they showed me at 14 in biology.

• Haha 1