Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Saturday 10th November- Walk for Vichai

Reminded me of the day we collected the EPL trophy- the rains started pretty much just as the walk started and I just knew the sun would be out when we got to the stadium. I’m not sure if anyone has said, but I’m Hindu custom it is seen as very auspicious if it rains at the start of a major event. What an amazing City we have

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Did the walk - got soaked - watched the prematch tributes on the big screen at the memorial site and then as we walked back past the KP got given 2 free tickets so got to see the game after all! What a day. Now heading back down the M1 for a well deserved Indian and MOTD. I am feeling incredibly proud of my club and our fans - well done everyone! 

You lucky sod!!

• Sad 1

Jeez, An absolute emotionally draining day and for once it wasn't the football.

Ain't ashamed to say I, along with other blokes around me, shed tears at the tribute and when "Time to say goodbye" came on.

Listened to the radio on way home and I'm sure I heard them say the organisers and services reckon there were 50,000 of us on the walk.

So damn proud of this club.

Sue Whelan, Take a bow. 

• Like 2

Walk for Vichai: 50k estimated to have joined memorial for Leicester City helicopter crash victims

Police and council confirm huge turn out in memorial walk for the late Leicester City owner

Tens of thousands of football fans have walked for Vichai ahead of the first Premier League match at the King Power Stadium since the Leicester City owner’s death.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/walk-vichai-50k-estimated-joined-2205255

We were no where near the front stopped raining just as we approached the stadium went in the 1884 to dry off and 40 minutes later there was still a heaving mass of people coming down Raw Dykes Road.

49 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Walk for Vichai: 50k estimated to have joined memorial for Leicester City helicopter crash victims

Police and council confirm huge turn out in memorial walk for the late Leicester City owner

Tens of thousands of football fans have walked for Vichai ahead of the first Premier League match at the King Power Stadium since the Leicester City owner’s death.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/walk-vichai-50k-estimated-joined-2205255

Like how the Mercury has a picture of a guy in West Ham shirt with the caption "Burnley fans took part in the march"

3 hours ago, davieG said:

We were no where near the front stopped raining just as we approached the stadium went in the 1884 to dry off and 40 minutes later there was still a heaving mass of people coming down Raw Dykes Road.

It would be great top see an aerial photo if they's one it there. Spoke to my dad who said it was just starting to rain as he got to the 1884 bar, I jumped out at the uni and headed back into town has I had to meet people but jubilee square was still packed as it started to rain. Must have stretched the whole distance???

Wow. Got an absolute soaking, but what an experience. Walking through De Montfort for a rainbow to appear as we went past the picture of Vichai on their big screen and the gospel choir sung was amazing.

A guy on the train on the way home said it best - "I usually stay out late after matches but I feel drained after this, it's really taken it out of me". I'm shattered now but I'm so glad I was part of such a show of unity and respect.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

It would be great top see an aerial photo if they's one it there. Spoke to my dad who said it was just starting to rain as he got to the 1884 bar, I jumped out at the uni and headed back into town has I had to meet people but jubilee square was still packed as it started to rain. Must have stretched the whole distance???

We were in highcross street when it started to rain, so if your dad got to the 1884 bar as it started to rain then maybe it did stretch the whole route.

The council and the authorities estimated 50,000 people on the walk which when you consider the ground holds 32,000 thats quite incredible.

3 minutes ago, Bristol fox .... said:

We were in highcross street when it started to rain, so if your dad got to the 1884 bar as it started to rain then maybe it did stretch the whole route.

The council and the authorities estimated 50,000 people on the walk which when you consider the ground holds 32,000 thats quite incredible.

It really is, As we got to the ground I noticed a lot of people heading back away from the stadium who must have been on the walk. 

8 hours ago, holyfox said:

Reminded me of the day we collected the EPL trophy- the rains started pretty much just as the walk started and I just knew the sun would be out when we got to the stadium. I’m not sure if anyone has said, but I’m Hindu custom it is seen as very auspicious if it rains at the start of a major event. What an amazing City we have

We said this RE the downpour on the wall down. Eerily similar

• Like 1

Couldn’t make the walk but as we approached the ground at 2:15 the amount of ticketless fans on that walk was huge women with kids in buggies all out in the cold and walking to remember this great man , I was astounded by the numbers of these supporters walking away from the ground I actually thought the game was called off or something , my total respect and love to all who walked to ground and then walked home amazing people and they made my hairs stand up before I even got to my seat !