Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Saturday 10th November- Walk for Vichai

On 29/10/2018 at 18:32, ramadaone said:

On the basis that 250,000 attended our victory parade which was only made by possible by our fantastic Chairman I'd like to think 5000 is achievable 

If you were at that parade then the chances are you were there with your family after having made some once in a life time memories throughout that season

We need to walk again to show our love and support for Vichai's family and friends

( Fully appreciate not everyone will be able to attend for a variety of reasons )

I have heard up to 20000 planning to be there so yes I certainly hope 5000 is more than achievable 

up the Foxes

walk for Vichai

Made my donation for this today and looking forward to being part of it all on Saturday.

Cracking effort from the team who have organised it all too. Donations cleared £5,000 today which is superb and I hope even more money is raised and the walk is a huge success.

I had an idea when I saw the Arsenal armbands so I fired this off to the club........

Dear Arsenal FC,

Firstly, could I thank you so much for the respect your club and staff showed towards my club, Leicester City, on Saturday after the horrific accident suffered by our chairman and others recently. We have had many many fans from your club conveying their support and condolences thro various social media, for which we are extremely humbled and thankful.

I am writing to enquire if it were possible to obtain one or two of the LCFC foxed armbands your players and staff wore as a mark of condolence in your game against Liverpool yesterday? 

On Saturday 10th November we have our first home game since the tragic accident and loss of Kun Vichai and there is an organised walk to the KP stadium from Leicester City Centre before the game of which over 15000 fans have pledged to attend and I and my 9 year old son would be very proud to wear the armbands with the foxes badge on if you were able to supply.

If you are able to forward one or two (Or maybe you’d like to donate all of them to us to be distributed amongst us?) I/we would be honoured and eternally grateful.

If the above request is just not possible I/we understand and please be assured that there is no commercial interest in obtaining these armbands, we are lifelong true LCFC fans with an idea of maybe wearing those unique black armbands on Saturday as we walk in remembrance to our game.

If the above is possible my home address is below for postage, the cost of which I am willing to cover.

Many thanks for your time.

Yours Sincerely

This afternoon I received this reply..........

Dear Ed

Thank you for your email and your kind words.

The Club felt this was the best way to show our empathy towards Leicester City Football Club and the tragedy which occurred last Saturday.

Unfortunately in regards to the arm bands our players wore, we are unable to release these as our first-team players have chosen to keep these as a sign of respect and remembrance of what happened.

My apologies for the negative response on this occasion, and our thoughts continue to be with Leicester City Football Club at this time.

Kind regards,

Dylan.

Fair enough, had a thought that they would now be surplus to requirements and some of us would have appreciated and be proud to wear them on Saturday but sadly it's not to be but it's a lovely response. So be it.

0_JS167409805.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

I had an idea when I saw the Arsenal armbands so I fired this off to the club........

Dear Arsenal FC,

Firstly, could I thank you so much for the respect your club and staff showed towards my club, Leicester City, on Saturday after the horrific accident suffered by our chairman and others recently. We have had many many fans from your club conveying their support and condolences thro various social media, for which we are extremely humbled and thankful.

I am writing to enquire if it were possible to obtain one or two of the LCFC foxed armbands your players and staff wore as a mark of condolence in your game against Liverpool yesterday? 

On Saturday 10th November we have our first home game since the tragic accident and loss of Kun Vichai and there is an organised walk to the KP stadium from Leicester City Centre before the game of which over 15000 fans have pledged to attend and I and my 9 year old son would be very proud to wear the armbands with the foxes badge on if you were able to supply.

If you are able to forward one or two (Or maybe you’d like to donate all of them to us to be distributed amongst us?) I/we would be honoured and eternally grateful.

If the above request is just not possible I/we understand and please be assured that there is no commercial interest in obtaining these armbands, we are lifelong true LCFC fans with an idea of maybe wearing those unique black armbands on Saturday as we walk in remembrance to our game.

If the above is possible my home address is below for postage, the cost of which I am willing to cover.

Many thanks for your time.

Yours Sincerely

This afternoon I received this reply..........

Dear Ed

Thank you for your email and your kind words.

The Club felt this was the best way to show our empathy towards Leicester City Football Club and the tragedy which occurred last Saturday.

Unfortunately in regards to the arm bands our players wore, we are unable to release these as our first-team players have chosen to keep these as a sign of respect and remembrance of what happened.

My apologies for the negative response on this occasion, and our thoughts continue to be with Leicester City Football Club at this time.

Kind regards,

Dylan.

Fair enough, had a thought that they would now be surplus to requirements and some of us would have appreciated and be proud to wear them on Saturday but sadly it's not to be but it's a lovely response. So be it.

0_JS167409805.jpg

If you’re on social media maybe contact some of the players and see if they would donate a couple for you? 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MattP said:

Lovely idea but what does actually happen if 20,000 turn up with the intention of getting to Jubilee Square? 

It will be absolute chaos.

Why? From what I seen it’s all been prepared for large numbers, the council and the police are aware of how many people could potentially turn up 

9 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Why? From what I seen it’s all been prepared for large numbers, the council and the police are aware of how many people could potentially turn up 

Why? Because Julilee square would struggle to hold 5000 people let alone 20,000 I'd imagine.

• Like 1

Due to a physical disability, i won't be able to take part in the whole walk, but would love to take part in the final stretch. does anyone know the planned route so i know where to head to once i'm parked up - i park at the stadium, another reason i need to know the route, so i know if i'll need to get to the ground any earlier or come a different way to usual!

10 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Due to a physical disability, i won't be able to take part in the whole walk, but would love to take part in the final stretch. does anyone know the planned route so i know where to head to once i'm parked up - i park at the stadium, another reason i need to know the route, so i know if i'll need to get to the ground any earlier or come a different way to usual!

A post on the FB page said they weren't going to discuss the route. I guess people will be guided and marshalled when they get there?

Great that this is happening and thanks to those who have organised it.

I do have concerns...

- possible chaos if too many arrive at the start point

-problems with the normal in-coming matchday traffic

Hopefully this has all been planned for and there is no need to worry.

Has the route been announced yet? Me and my family are really struggling to make the start time but want to join up with the walk ASAP. We were thinking of getting our usual parking space near the stadium then walking up to meet it head on but I need to know where it’s coming from.

7 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

Has the route been announced yet? Me and my family are really struggling to make the start time but want to join up with the walk ASAP. We were thinking of getting our usual parking space near the stadium then walking up to meet it head on but I need to know where it’s coming from.

Ditto

8 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Such a bad excuse imo.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, David Lowe said:

Great that this is happening and thanks to those who have organised it.

I do have concerns...

- possible chaos if too many arrive at the start point

-problems with the normal in-coming matchday traffic

Hopefully this has all been planned for and there is no need to worry.

I bet you are fun at parties. Lighten up, embrace the chaos.

• Haha 2