Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Saturday 10th November- Walk for Vichai

4 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

My journey to the walk/game starts in 30 mins

I leave my hotel in Singapore for the 13+ hour flight home. (Working)

Land into LHR at 05.15

Pick up car

Pick up Ian Stringer at 0630ish as he lands from BKK

Drive him straight to the RL offices

Drive home

Unpack/shower/change

Pick up son from childcare

Drive back into town

Join the march

Go to game

Pick up car

Go home

Sleeeeeeeep. 

Wouldn't miss this for anything.

safe travels!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I don’t know where this 20k figure has come from, do you? ?

If the Facebook event (yeh I know ?) is anything to go by 7k have said they’re going

And if the history of Facebook events are anything to go by, you'll be lucky to get about 50% of them who have said they are going.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And if the history of Facebook events are anything to go by, you'll be lucky to get about 50% of them who have said they are going.

Exactly. 

Yeh of course there’ll be some who turn up who don’t have Facebook. But not 13000 of them, nevermind 17000

Either way, it’s a great idea and I really hope I’m proved wrong.

Huge respect to the organisers of this too. Incredible work 

Didn't think I'd make it but delighted that's changed and I'll have chance to remember the great man. Will be very emotional.

As with last week, I've been telling myself the result doesn't count. However I celebrated last week's win like none since the title win and if we do the same tomorrow it'll be similar I reckon.

• Like 1

Bus drivers to wear Foxes shirts to work to support Khun Vichai's memorial walk
'It is most humbling to see how the city has come together through this sad time'

ByAdrian Troughton
16:44, 9 NOV 2018

Bus drivers are to show their support for the fans taking part in the memorial walk for Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and the four other people killed in the Leicester City helicopter crash by wearing their football shirts at work.

Bosses at First Leicester, which employs more than 280 staff, have allowed the concession as many of their drivers are Leicester City fans.

Nigel Eggleton, managing director at First Leicester said: “The tragic incident has affected thousands of people across the city and beyond, including the many city fans we have working for us at First Leicester.

“In memory of the events that have already taken place and in support of the fans ‘Memory Walk’ this coming Saturday, our drivers who support the club will be wearing their football shirts and attire in remembrance of owner and chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and his colleagues.

“It is most humbling to see how the city has come together through this sad time and with tributes pouring in from the sporting fraternity, the club and its fans can take heed that Vichai was well loved and a big part of the Leicester City family.

Up to 20,000 fans are expected to join the walk from Jubilee Square at the end of High Street to the King Power Stadium before the home game against Burnley.

The city council, the police and the club are working together to make sure a large number of people can be accommodated safely and have released details to help those who want to take part.

The walk will leave Jubilee Square from about 12.45pm and will follow a route towards De Montfort University campus and along the riverside to the King Power Stadium.

People can join the walk at any point within the city centre along High Street down to Jubilee Square.

For details on how the bus network may be affected when the walk takes place tomorrow go to: www.firstgroup.com/leicester or twitter @FirstLeicester.

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I don’t know where this 20k figure has come from, do you? ?

If the Facebook event (yeh I know ?) is anything to go by 7k have said they’re going

Facebook (you know) ?. Not on Facebook and I’m going, sure there’s thousands like me. ?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Land into LHR at 05.15

Pick up car

Drive home

Unpack/shower/change

Drive back into town

Join the march

Go to game

Pick up car

Go home

Sleeeeeeeep. 

Are you ed stag????

9 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Land into LHR at 05.15

Pick up car

Drive home

Unpack/shower/change

Drive back into town

Join the march

Go to game

Pick up car

Go home

Sleeeeeeeep. 

Not a bad effort but compare it to mine...live in south knighton, 5 minute taxi in to town, join the walk ?