Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Saturday 10th November- Walk for Vichai

This is a tremendous gesture and one my son and I will be attending. I have seen the City Council pages and this events Facebook page yet still, just 2 days before the event there's no actual  route published that i can see. I think it's fair to expect a big turn out but as some people have very reasonably suggested, 15-20000 pints into a 4000 Jubilee Square pint pot don't go. If a route is published early it gives the opportunity for supporters  (particularly those with children) to work out there own join-in points for safety reasons. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

This is a tremendous gesture and one my son and I will be attending. I have seen the City Council pages and this events Facebook page yet still, just 2 days before the event there's no actual  route published that i can see. I think it's fair to expect a big turn out but as some people have very reasonably suggested, 15-20000 pints into a 4000 Jubilee Square pint pot don't go. If a route is published early it gives the opportunity for supporters  (particularly those with children) to work out there own join-in points for safety reasons. 

I'm fairly sure the route will be obvious on the day. How many variations can there be for 20k people walking to a given destination? I understand anxiety around gathering in a confined area with or without small children, but once the walk gets underway it ought to be fairly easy to discover the route and slot in at some point. 

On 05/11/2018 at 11:51, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I gave it a mention on talkSPORT last night. I expect it's going to be pretty special but sadly won't be able to join it myself.

Good work - they were featuring it on the talksport news most of the day too, so hopefully will be a remarkable turn out.

I can see this going west tbh with masses of people walking down to the ground in a variety of routes! Hope it’s Policed well as the Jubilee square meeting point doesn’t seem very smart to me in terms of space - hopefully the Gold Commander has been in on the planning!

• Like 1

I'm sure I did see a route somewhere on social media. It seemed to leave Jubilee Square, cut through Castle Park, then follow the river down to Raw Dykes. Maybe it has changed though, as if there is going to be 20,000 people, they will need roads closed rather than being able to use the footpath along the river.

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I'm sure I did see a route somewhere on social media. It seemed to leave Jubilee Square, cut through Castle Park, then follow the river down to Raw Dykes. Maybe it has changed though, as if there is going to be 20,000 people, they will need roads closed rather than being able to use the footpath along the river.

I thought that but I guess they mean Western Boulevard rather than the canal path.

• Like 1

The police and the council have been working with the organisers and a number of roads are being closed for the walk - Upperton Road, Western Blvd and Raw Dykes. Anyone wishing to join after the start should be able to do so easily even if the route isn't published, there aren't many options and it shouldn't be difficult to spot the 20,000 people dressed in blue...

On 05/11/2018 at 17:39, FoyleFox said:

I'd previously stated that I'd not be able to join the walk but I feel the need to pay my respects in person. Flights booked, I'll be there. 

On 06/11/2018 at 22:08, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Good effort bud. :appl:

Just need to source a ticket now. If anyone has a spare please let me know.

58 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Jubilee square to the uni alongside river to king power. No traffic allowed on route. Possible other road closures. 

Yeah having looked at google maps this seems the logical way and fits in with what the council have said 

leave jubilee square and go down Applegate on to southgates go down the Newarke at the side of demontfort uni and then down western boulevard to raw Dykes Road 

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

They’ll go from Jubilee square past or through castle gardens to make their way onto western boulevard. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Anyone on here able to estimate how long the walk will roughly take from Jubilee Square to the KP? 

Think it's about an hour. Leaving at 12:45 to arrive around 13:45-14:00. The Club said the latest anyone should arrive is 14:35 to allow everyone to take their seats for the commemorative stuff to happen on time.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2

I'm travelling up from darkest Essex for this with my eldest daughter (both ticket less unfortunately). We worked out last night that the last time we travelled to a match and it was just the 2 of us was the league Cup final against Tranmere. Makes me feel old! 

• Like 1