Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Euro 2020 Qualifiers

7 minutes ago, shen said:

Seriously. Dock France three points and hand them to Iceland. Give Griezmann a 10-match ban and see how often dives will still happen.

That was obnoxious!! Henry handball levels of obnoxious.

Honestly hilarious. 

Like he snaps his neck back to throw his head and everything. It was legit like this. 

Nice and loose in the neck, get your head back 

https://streamja.com/7o71

Just amazing. The delayed reaction as well lollol

• Haha 1

We seem to have got worse with every game we play u dear Southgate. More and more he just puts out a team of workman like footballers with little or no creators or influencers 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Honestly hilarious. 

Like he snaps his neck back to throw his head and everything. It was legit like this. 

55 minutes ago, shen said:

The French commentators are the icing on the cake! Embarrassing, shambolic, classless.

35 minutes ago, Bryn said:

That's atrocious. The lino is looking right at it as well. 

Well, the Iceland player somehow touches Griezmann in the hip region, but only slightly, in passing.

The delayed reaction really makes this so cringeworthy, and the fact the referee fell for it. Iceland can surely feel robbed there.

Must admit I've fallen off the Southgate hype train these last couple of international breaks. Bloke sets up too negatively in midfield. Shite at the back too but I'm unsure if that's down to him or down to the fact that all our centre halves are bang average/shit.

Hope he can get it sorted. 

We're sleepwalking into a return to the awful tournaments pre-2018. You can see it a mile off. The defence is a total shambles, midfield limp as damp paper, I just can't see what the midfield offers, it doesn't do a good job shielding the defence, it doesn't do a good job creating attacks.

That front three will bail us out against most teams but the second we meet anyone defensively sound we are ****ed, because we are a mess at the back right now and anyone who can deal with our threat will pick us off.

Kane looks absolutely ****ed as well. Why did he play in that? I'd have given Abraham a game, in far better form and not at the risk of being burned out. Kane just seems really lethargic these days. Something's missing, but he'll play every second of every game.

That Rashford and Barkley double substitution summed up the toss served up.

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

You lot are hilarious. 

First loss in qualifying in 10 years.  Yeah we looked fairly average, but we lost late on and couldn't pull it back after that. 

We are still odds on to go through. We got to the semis last time out. 

I live in Scotland.  Their team hasn't qualified for 21 years, they get harshly pumped regularly and they occasionally lose to utter minnows. 

You don't know you're born. :rolleyes:

Thats a pretty weak argument really because in a qualifying group the gulf between the teams can be very big.

If england are a pot one team, they are better than anyone else in the group. So really they shouldnt be losing games at all, to anyone. Except maybe an away to the pot 2.

For all the hype in the world cup we had an unusually easy progression, scored set pieces and penalties, created little with our weak midfield, and when it came to the crunch we were bossed around by an aeging croatia team and in particular modric.

I like mount a lot but hes a "get on the end of things" player not a creator. Thats why you need ideally Maddisons additional vision for a pass to create from the middle, or at least Barkley.

Declan Rice is MASSIVELY over hyped. Offers very very little in a forward sense and when you combine it with Henderson theres no forward intent.

Kane is a world class striker. Yet you watch him for spurs and england and he gets less and less involved in the game these days. 

Its partly because he has to drop deeper and deeper to get on the ball and is consequently nowhere near the goal and partly that he isnt given anything to work with.

And then the centreback pairing is shite. Maguire is excellent but Keane is not. We have alternatives in that position that need to be explored.

We have Lewis Dunk. Tomori. Gomez. Id even put a fully fit Rob Holding in that category as an option

Choudhury has a decent chance of getting into the England XI on the face of it; energy, closing down, coolness, firmness, can drop in to fill gaps, knows when and how to stop danger. Put a brain next to him who can pass and dictate play, you've got a modern midfield.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

could see some of this coming tbh, they say Southgate is picking players on merit but it is clear he isnt, why isnt TAA playing or Maddison given a chance in the last games either, and keeps playing HM and MK and theyve been shocking,

a back 3 looked alot more solid imo

and playing 2 holding mf as well doesnt always help in the creative sense, surely against the less likes we should be playing just the one

10 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Another CB playing CM, just like Dier. I think the intention is to have a player doing similar to what Ndidi does for us: intercept, tackle, fill gaps, win balls in the air, lay it off simple. Dier is dire and Rice hasnt fully developed although I think were wasting time playing either anywhere other than CB.

Our midfield is a shambles and has been for years. Henderson is the main engine and we're attempting to jam defenders in to be breakers. It's a huge problem

I've never seen him play centre back though. The position he currently plays for his club is midfield, and I've never seen what the hype was about. He offers nothing. Maybe he'll move to centre back, but right now I don't understand the desperate need to call him up and get him into the England team as a midfielder.

I was pretty indifferent towards Southgate but I lost a lot of faith in him when he said he didn't see how Maddison could fit into his side. Madders should walk into that team. The most creative England midfielder by miles, it is a crime to say that. Look what happens when you pick a midfield with next to 0 creativity. Of course I'm massively bias but I genuinely believe that Madders is the player that England have been waiting for. England have no central midfielders who can run with the ball and create chances and there's JM doing is more or less every week at the highest level.

9 hours ago, davieG said:

We seem to have got worse with every game we play u dear Southgate. More and more he just puts out a team of workman like footballers with little or no creators or influencers 

what? Best WC finish since what? 1990? First qualifying loss for 10 years? Lastnight was shit, I’ll give you that. But your statement is just made up nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, stix said:

what? Best WC finish since what? 1990? First qualifying loss for 10 years? Lastnight was shit, I’ll give you that. But your statement is just made up nonsense. 

There's a lot of made up nonsense in this thread then.

I know what I like to see from a football team and I'm just not seeing it from England.

I'm not a win at any cost fan I watch to be entertained and excited that's not happening with England. I actually stopped watching to let MrsG watch something and recorded it to watch later I wish I hadn't bothered and it's been getting like this more and more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

I was pretty indifferent towards Southgate but I lost a lot of faith in him when he said he didn't see how Maddison could fit into his side. Madders should walk into that team. The most creative England midfielder by miles, it is a crime to say that. Look what happens when you pick a midfield with next to 0 creativity. Of course I'm massively bias but I genuinely believe that Madders is the player that England have been waiting for. England have no central midfielders who can run with the ball and create chances and there's JM doing is more or less every week at the highest level.

It's because southgate has little to no decision of who gets picked in the starting 11. The England managers job is to be a face to the public, the actual running of the squad is done by other people, who interestingly don't get sacked when the manager does and have been in their positions for years, hence why nothing ever changes

Edited by MrSpaM
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Yes, yes. Although I am desirous of a peaceful weekend, and thus not keen on further raising the ire of one of our more, ahem, steadfastly combative postersI can't help but ask... what the **** is Skúlason doing?

Watch it from just over half way, the pitch level replay face on to Griezmann. Try (!) to ignore Griezmann antics, and just watch the 'challenge' from the no. 23. Bizarre. Plus, people saying he only brushed him, but unless he's also guilty of massive theatrics, there's clearly enough contact to spin Skúlason round. 

No, I'm not defending Griezmann's 'Not Quiet on the Western Front' act.

Edited by turtmcfly

Gareth Southgate

A man with a win average at Middlesborough of below 30% and sacked for his abysmal performance.

Forgotten about for 4 years whilst his PR team and agent talked him up. Said all the right things in front of the camera. 

Given the job of advancing our top young players, to ultimately crash out of the qualifying group of the EURO CHAMP as the bottom placed side.

Back to work on more PR and 'grease the wheels of industry'.

Given the top job in the country.

Ride luck at World Cup, put a daft tank top on, get the idiots sharing it on social media, new contract. He might be tactically useless but he's ever such a nice man.

Play the PC game, keep it 50/50 and we will reward anyone in this stupid country, you even get prizes for finishing last

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

Ireland 0-0 v Georgia after 70 minutes 

Truly abysmal even for Ireland. 

The ROI has been playing abysmally for large parts of this Euro campaign already, but for some strange reason, they're still top of the group.

Well, it's down to three parts: A solid back four, a clever manager and some Luck of the Irish up front.

17 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The ROI has been playing abysmally for large parts of this Euro campaign already, but for some strange reason, they're still top of the group.

Well, it's down to three parts: A solid back four, a clever manager and some Luck of the Irish up front.

A bunch of chancers is all we are.

It's amazing we always go close to qualifying for these things given our standard of play.

Lose to Switzerland on Tuesday and it ain't looking good for us.