Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Euro 2020 Qualifiers

55 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Got to be a missed opportunity for Wales if they don't qualify when one of Hungary or Slovakia do. Qualification groups might not be so kind in the future.

I'm pretty confident we'd be on about 14/15 points if Coleman was still in charge.

To be honest, Toshack never, ever had it this easy, his side would have smashed this. 

Giggs has been largely woeful, he doesn't know what he's doing. 

He's obviously unlucky to have no Ramsey and Brooks atm but still. 

11 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Giggs should've been your southgate project but I imagine hes a bit too big headed to manage u21s

Pretty sure he was offered it when Cookie was and ****ed it off because he was hoping to get a Prem job. Realised nobody was going to hire him. 

I'd honestly have rathered we'd had Bellers. At least the team would have some fire to it. 

Giggs is such a passive human being, obviously you don't know what happens in a squad away from the media but I just can't ever see him being a leader. He's got the charisma of a concrete driveway. 

Everyone argued about how Puel seemed boring in interviews and whether it mattered and the answer is obviously no it doesn't. But it does give a slight insight in to the natural charisma a person has, Pearson often gave very dour interviews but you could tell there was a spark underneath that. He was sociable, well spoken, often very intense. 

Giggs is as intense as an ALDI bag of mixed leaves. I can't imagine him inspiring anyone. 

The players would have run through walls for Speedo and Coleman. We're desperate for some of that now. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Pretty sure he was offered it when Cookie was and ****ed it off because he was hoping to get a Prem job. Realised nobody was going to hire him. 

I'd honestly have rathered we'd had Bellers. At least the team would have some fire to it. 

Giggs is such a passive human being, obviously you don't know what happens in a squad away from the media but I just can't ever see him being a leader. He's got the charisma of a concrete driveway. 

Everyone argued about how Puel seemed boring in interviews and whether it mattered and the answer is obviously no it doesn't. But it does give a slight insight in to the natural charisma a person has, Pearson often gave very dour interviews but you could tell there was a spark underneath that. He was sociable, well spoken, often very intense. 

Giggs is as intense as an ALDI bag of mixed leaves. I can't imagine him inspiring anyone. 

The players would have run through walls for Speedo and Coleman. We're desperate for some of that now. 

Yeah definitely, Giggs to me looks like hes not that arsed and it seems like it's a win win job to get a job in the prem, he qualifies for a tournament sky sports bigging him up for a remarkable job, he fails to do that then it's a case of well it's only Wales like. He was hardly arsed about Wales as a player and it just translates over to management. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TK95 said:

''Shocking': Giggs, James criticised for head injury 'acting'' http://www.skysports.com/share/11835452

Surprised he admitted it tbh

I had my suspicions when watching it, it was unbelievable that they let him carry on because he looked out cold. When he didn't even have a HIA I was wondering if he'd actually been faking it. 

He's a decent player, he's got bags of pace, but he acts like an absolute nob. He's always diving and appealing to the ref and he quite deliberately injured Petkovic yesterday in retribution for his tackle on Ampadu (which was awful but two wrongs etc.)

It's a shame to see him basically pick up where Sanchez left off at United. I hope he grows out of it quickly. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

There's been fatal trouble already unfortunately..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50048199

Self-inflicted, apparently:

...police officers in Sofia were called to help a 32-year-old "foreign national" at about 10:00 local time (08:00 BST).

"The police received a signal for a man in a helpless condition", it said, and he was taken to hospital.

"He suddenly began to act aggressively, raging and threatening."

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Absolutely crap line up.

He's hasn't got a clue has he? Must be the only person on the planet who think Trippier is a better option than TTA at RB. Drops Sancho too, the lad had 0 service v Czech Rep. 

Barkley, Rashford, Mings....the mind boggles.

Edited by Paddy.

It’s completely obvious why England haven’t won a single thing for God knows how long. 
We have such a bang average midfield at international level. No manager has been able to pick a ‘first choice’ midfield for years and now no player(s) stand out as being clear choices for our midfield areas.

Winks, Henderson and Barkley... very very average for a team hoping to ever win a tournament