Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

In a word....

7 hours ago, Foxboy said:

Don’t be silly mate we’ve won the league. If we just had a better manager, like Sam Allardyce, I reckon we could easily push for top 4. #PuelOut

7 hours ago, Foxboy said:

Don’t be silly mate we’ve won the league. If we just had a better manager, like Sam Allardyce, I reckon we could easily push for top 4. #PuelOut

The 20 richest football clubs in the world list shows we are 14th    https://www.businessinsider.com/the-20-richest-football-clubs-in-the-world-2018-1?r=UK&IR=T so why would we not have some kind of expectation? Just need to spend wisely. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

The 20 richest football clubs in the world list shows we are 14th    https://www.businessinsider.com/the-20-richest-football-clubs-in-the-world-2018-1?r=UK&IR=T so why would we not have some kind of expectation? Just need to spend wisely. 

We could be the richest but players still wouldn’t be attracted 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Exactly. 

This is the problem with ‘building a team’ in our position in this day and age. It certainly cannot work unless you have a charismatic manager who the players can relate to, someone who can engender a ‘connection’ with lads half their age.

Chilwell with his own words on Friday in multiple press interviews said the current manager has done well for his career

1 hour ago, Dorkingfox said:

And how many of those above us are also in this league?

2 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

Yeah and the top 6 of our league are all above us. And by quite a lot aswell. On top of that Everton and West Ham who are also in our position trying to push for the top 6 have been in the Prem consistently finishing top 10 for years and years. They also have bigger fan bases then us and are more well known to foreign players so can attract talent easier.

Do you genuinely expect us in 4 years to do what it’s taken other teams 10+ years to achieve. 

• Like 1

On 09/12/2018 at 22:15, That_Dude said:

I stopped reading at "not good enough to press for top 6".

That's the third fourth Puel out thread in a row since we lost against an actual team from the top 6.

I never mentioned Puel out matey, personally think he is a decent manager but needs to get tougher as our players are rubbish at the moment, re read the original post and show me where I quoted ‘Puel out’ I will hang on for an apology .... :dunno:

When I look back at the EPL winning season, we always looked like we were going to score. The plays, the confidence, the counterattacks, the defense - they were all there. It was not a fluke, despite it being a 5000-1 odd. 

How did we slip so much since? Was it really because of Kante? I have to say, he is really really good. We complain about Ndidi a lot. Kante can do everything Ndidi can do, plus he is actually a decent passer of the ball and he can also score. The gap he left in the middle cannot be filled. Should have offered him triple  to keep him.

• Like 1

On 09/12/2018 at 13:56, Cardiff_Fox said:

Chilwell with his own words on Friday in multiple press interviews said the current manager has done well for his career

Did he really.

That one player thinks that, is not the reason for the club’s existence neither would it be many fans priority either.

Entertainment and the team winning games / performing better than the sum of its parts would be a better gauge of a manager rather than Chilwell’s career rise.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

11 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Did he really.

That one player thinks that, is not the reason for the club’s existence neither would it be many fans priority either.

Entertainment and the team winning games / performing better than the sum of its parts would be a better gauge of a manager rather than Chilwell’s career rise.

Yes, he did. 

From the recent John Percy’s article 

It’s very similar at Leicester and in the first game at Manchester United there were five of us aged 21. I remember talking to Dimi [Demarai Gray] and Madders [James Maddison] in the hotel before the game about how we were just itching to have a good game - if we can start well, we can build on it.

“A lot of credit goes to the manager [Puel] because he could have easily played more reliable players who maybe wouldn't make a mistake. He wanted to choose the younger players who could create something exciting going forward."

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yes, he did. 

From the recent John Percy’s article 

It’s very similar at Leicester and in the first game at Manchester United there were five of us aged 21. I remember talking to Dimi [Demarai Gray] and Madders [James Maddison] in the hotel before the game about how we were just itching to have a good game - if we can start well, we can build on it.

“A lot of credit goes to the manager [Puel] because he could have easily played more reliable players who maybe wouldn't make a mistake. He wanted to choose the younger players who could create something exciting going forward."

I think you missed what I was driving at. I didn’t doubt he said that, but I couldnt give two shits about Chilwell’s career trajectory.

More interested in getting a manager who is forward thinking, who can inspire our team to improve and play attacking football and make us a team that is better Ham the sum of our parts.

A guy running up the line with no end product doesn’t do it for me.