Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Racism in Football

Almost a little bit shocked that this thread has so few posts. Fair play to Sterling for coming out with the statement he has, his treatment in the press has been beyond a joke for ages now.

As for the minority of Chelsea fans... it doesn’t create a good picture of them does it? The incident in Paris, the one a few weeks ago and now this. Disgrace.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He basically says no one takes him serious because he doesn't fit the description of the nice black guy who toes the line.. I think no one takes him seriously because he's a fvckin head case.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/539485/heres-brutal-truth-about-night-stan-hit-ulrika-i-saw-it-all/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

How thick do you have to be to call an opposition player a "black cvnt" when some of the stars of your own team are also, y'know, black?

They're racist, so intelligence doesn't really come into it.

Unfortunately over the past decade or so we seem to be heading down a bad path again, it's very sad.

10 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Don't agree, some of the greatest black people ever have taken their inspiration and become the person they were because of their race, Ali, Bob Marley, Mandela, jesse owens

I don't mean to split hairs but Marley was mixed heritage, or whatever the latest term is. His father was white. Clearly he took inspiration from what was around him though.

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

They're racist, so intelligence doesn't really come into it.

Unfortunately over the past decade or so we seem to be heading down a bad path again, it's very sad.

How do you know that those Chelsea fans aren’t intelligent, they may be Oxford dons for all we know. It’s not just down to racism, it’s a basic human prejudice instinct that 90% of society is guilty of. Basically everyone hates each other apart from the people they’re directly involved with. Here’s an example, what were we singing at Harry Kane the other night “he spits when he talks!” Yeah very funny, how we all laughed, but who in their right mind would normally come out with that sort of stuff. It’s a case of anything goes to put some poor fvcker down, and will it end, will racism end, never in a million years

21 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

How do you know that those Chelsea fans aren’t intelligent, they may be Oxford dons for all we know. It’s not just down to racism, it’s a basic human prejudice instinct that 90% of society is guilty of. Basically everyone hates each other apart from the people they’re directly involved with. Here’s an example, what were we singing at Harry Kane the other night “he spits when he talks!” Yeah very funny, how we all laughed, but who in their right mind would normally come out with that sort of stuff. It’s a case of anything goes to put some poor fvcker down, and will it end, will racism end, never in a million years

It will end, when there is one race, we need rapid Interbreeding programmes.  If for one will nominate myself to breed with the beautiful South American and Nordic women.

On a serious note, your right we are genetically prone to behave that way, but that doesn't mean with the right education those inherent attributes cant be removed.......my kids going up never had any concept of race, it was there upbringing that brought that to there conscious that

36 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

It will end, when there is one race, we need rapid Interbreeding programmes.  If for one will nominate myself to breed with the beautiful South American and Nordic women.

On a serious note, your right we are genetically prone to behave that way, but that doesn't mean with the right education those inherent attributes cant be removed.......my kids going up never had any concept of race, it was there upbringing that brought that to there conscious that

I don’t think I was really aware of racism until I started work, it defineatly wasn’t an issue at school as far as I can remember. Fvckin bullying was though, still, it taught you the important lesson of respecting those who are twice the size of you.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I don’t think I was really aware of racism until I started work, it defineatly wasn’t an issue at school as far as I can remember. Fvckin bullying was though, still, it taught you the important lesson of respecting those who are twice the size of you.

Racism was around every corner in the 70's and 80's. It was open and extremely abusive. There's no doubt there is still some way to go but it shouldn't be forgotten how far we've come in the last 40 years either. It is spoken about more now which helps no end.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Racism was around every corner in the 70's and 80's. It was open and extremely abusive. There's no doubt there is still some way to go but it shouldn't be forgotten how far we've come in the last 40 years either. It is spoken about more now which helps no end.

Yes you’re right, you only have to watch tv programmes from that era to realise that, but as a child growing up in a village, it wasn’t something I identified with. The girl I went school with was from Guiana but I never thought of her as different, she was just Xxxxx from across the road. Dr talks  about interbreeding, I wish I was 15 again and knew what I do now. 

Edited by yorkie1999

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Yes you’re right, you only have to watch tv programmes from that era to realise that, but as a child growing up in a village, it wasn’t something I identified with. The girl I went school with was from Guiana but I never thought of her as different, she was just Jackie from across the road. Dr talks  about interbreeding, I wish I was 15 again and knew what I do now. 

The TV programmes are grim looking back at them now but it was normality then (I'm not suggesting that makes them anything other than outrageous by the way).

They were also mild to what you could encounter in the street, which also gave the impression (at the time) that the TV programmes weren't anything to be upset about. Casual racism mixed with what passed for humour in those days was the order of the day. It's very difficult to explain to anyone who wasn't around in that era. We have moved forward a long way as I said, clearly there is still a way to go, we all know that. 

As a little kid, I distinctly remember taking a town bus with my granny along Belgrave Road into the Clock Tower, sometime around 1975, during which a black woman was told, really loudly by an old white woman to 'fk off back to the Congo' repeatedly. A couple of people laughed, most looked uncomfortable but no one said anything. That wouldn't go unchallenged today, it was just the times. Deplorable behaviour but pretty commonplace back then.

9 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Unfortunately I do link the two. And it is a fact. Racism and hate crime has increased since the Brexit vote. Race crime has also increased recently at football as the racists have become emboldened.

I agree - given racist idiots the idea that they have license to spout their bile 

Don't see what black people have to do with Brexit. If it was a so called Brexit issue why don't "fans" shout abuse to the Eastern European players" coming over here and nicking our flecking jobs and women fam!!!"

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

Don't see what black people have to do with Brexit. If it was a so called Brexit issue why don't "fans" shout abuse to the Eastern European players" coming over here and nicking our flecking jobs and women fam!!!"

It's absolutely nothing to do with Brexit - the desperation to connect it to racism is one of the weapons used by Remain voters to throw some mud at those who don't share their opinion. 

Even the "rise" in hate crimes is dubious when you see the changes in the law around the same time, thanks to the freedom of information request we found out some of these supposed crimes were bike theft and a dog pooing. 

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

The guy accused of being racist towards Sterling is claiming he called him a "Manc ****".

I'm not sure admitting you called a Jamaican born London raised footballer who spent his early career playing for Liverpool a Manc is really going to improve peoples opinion of your intelligence.

That's exactly what I thought and it's why I highly doubt he did call him Manc.

Even if he did, what is with those degenerates that stand in the front row at Stamford Bridge and used to at White Hart Lane. You can see the pent up anger they release when a completely inoffensive opposition player takes a corner, it's so weird.

15 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Big difference between prejudice and racism.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

That's exactly what I thought and it's why I highly doubt he did call him Manc.

Even if he did, what is with those degenerates that stand in the front row at Stamford Bridge and used to at White Hart Lane. You can see the pent up anger they release when a completely inoffensive opposition player takes a corner, it's so weird.

This completely.  Just saw it again on the news.  Even if (and I very much doubt it) they didn't say anything racist what on earth do they think they are doing.  A load of sad old men literally foaming at the mouths verbally abusing a kid.  Fvck me.  X