Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Silva back to ....................

The silva case is confusing! Not getting a look in looks set to leave, told he’s not going anywhere and he’s going to say, rumours he’s now in Puel plans and now linked with a loan swap deal. I would love to know what’s gone on here, there simply has to be more to it than silva as a footballer as on the surface he looks like he has a fantastic attitude so can’t be that? Financial complications? If so why the hell we put the condition in if we weren’t prepared to pay it? 

• Like 1

I presume Puel is happy with Silva as he sounds like a good professional and even though I'm sure he's not happy at not playing he may not be rocking the boat. This means Puel can play his beloved Mendy! If the transfer is being done above his head then he might find it more difficult as you'd imagine whoever we get in, especially a midfielder he will have to play them.

It would seem bizarre to sign a Tielemans on a loan (which it sounds like) to then not play him.

18 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

One could argue that Ndidi and Mendy have been given too much of an opportunity.  Neither in my view with regards to consistency have been good enough either.  

Mendy bar one performance has been one of our most consistent and better players this season imo, I certainly wouldn't want to replace him with the useless Silva 'just to have a look' yet again. It's just so obvious to most people that he could never fit in. 

9 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

The silva case is confusing! Not getting a look in looks set to leave, told he’s not going anywhere and he’s going to say, rumours he’s now in Puel plans and now linked with a loan swap deal. I would love to know what’s gone on here, there simply has to be more to it than silva as a footballer as on the surface he looks like he has a fantastic attitude so can’t be that? Financial complications? If so why the hell we put the condition in if we weren’t prepared to pay it? 

His attitude is probably fine, it's when you introduce a ball into the equation that a problem occurs. ?

46 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Mendy bar one performance has been one of our most consistent and better players this season imo, I certainly wouldn't want to replace him with the useless Silva 'just to have a look' yet again. It's just so obvious to most people that he could never fit in. 

I think Ndidi has regressed by playing alongside Mendy.

Mendy has had more than one bad performance and has been late to at least four long distance shots that have led to goals.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

I think Ndidi has regressed by playing alongside Mendy.

Mendy has had more than one bad performance and has been late to at least four long distance shots that have led to goals.

I think they've both looked knackered to be honest and if they were just having a 'two' in midfield, I would have had Mendy with Choudhury to be honest with Ndidi on the bench for a rest.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hamptonfox said:

Our Centre Midfield area has been dismal from a creativity point of view, this season, Ndidi seems to have peaked, and looks limited now. They must have been decent protection for the defence though, ehich has been consistently keeping us in games.

NDiddi is overplayed that's all that's wrong with him. Two in the middle will only work if you have plenty of good players like man city. Otherwise the 2 will suffer burn out.

which is whats happened to Mendy and NDiddi .

NDiddi is only going to get better.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

He's not. Ask anyone at the club. Great bloke.

I did, they agree.

I also met him after the Man Utd game last Christmas (the Maguire last min equaliser) and actually saw him in his car leaving the ground.  He was stuck in traffic and it was in the midst of the debacle about the 14 seconds saga, and he didn't mind me running up to his car window, waving light a girl with a teen crush, and getting a selfie with us.  Lovely guy.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Good at making assumptions though.....

You should learn to read. Anyone thinking taking a smiley picture makes you a good pro are the ones making assumptions.

"Posting a smiling picture on Instragram doesn't make you a good professional, he could be a total ****."

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

You should learn to read. Anyone thinking taking a smiley picture makes you a good pro are the ones making assumptions.

"Posting a smiling picture on Instragram doesn't make you a good professional, he could be a total ****."

Correct. I don't get most of this social media crap any way. Why do people need to post a picture of a Sunday roast in a pub. Like no one has ever done it before. 

I'd much rather read Col's posts on here than that false shite lol

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, sylofox said:

Correct. I don't get most of this social media crap any way. Why do people need to post a picture of a Sunday roast in a pub. Like no one has ever done it before. 

I'd much rather read Col's posts on here than that false shite lol

:@

• Haha 1