Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Silva back to ....................

1 hour ago, reynard said:

I don't see why Puel would block a move. Even when he has had the chance to use him he chose to play James and King, the latter isn't even in the 25 man squad.

Actually feel a wee bit sorry for him. Ok he's been well paid but career wise this has been about as productive as Drinkwater moving to Chelsea. If we have no intention of ever playing him for whatever reason then we should just let him go.

Maybe it's not Puel doing the blocking...but recruitment/player management team.

Many decisions on players have been taken out of the Managers hands. Even Klopp,Pocchitino,etc, always steer-clear of going into any type of conversation

over players,in or out....

Those old-days have gone,where managers will jump up and down,demanding this or that player!!! They might get asked,and have heavy input with suggestions,maybe even big No-nos...but player movement is not any longer,a pre-requisite,or responsibility of the manager...

Do however agree with your last sentence..if we are not going to use any player for whatever reason,we should let them go!!

Edited by fuchsntf

9 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Isn't this the kind of thing the PFA intervene on? We are going to give ourselves a bad reputation if not careful. 

When a player,is seeing he's not being included,in any team or squad selections....I agree ,the player would/could go down that line!!

And how city as a club,have bought and brought in high grade,or expensive buys,and more than a few have been pushed aside...hardly-played,

Then future prospect,will take that into account,and could unwittingly put us into that bad reputation bracket...

We have enough troubles enticing,decent potential quality players. Our failures after the title,will have more to say to future potential prospects!!

Than the title itself....!!

We have had 3 managers,internal strife,and all 3 ,plus players have been slated,crucified,with vile posts....Make no mistake,players who want to go

to a club,will also take into account,the atmosphere he perceives to read over the club's main-fan-forum...

• Like 1

Something here obviously doesn’t add up. We’re clearly in sell mode and Silva isn’t even getting a sniff of the bench. Why would Puel block a move? Either the plan is to eat the 3 million appearance clause or whatever it is after the window closes and we haven’t added another MF, there is no loan offer to begin with, or Puel wants to use Silva and he’s being forbidden to by the owner because of stated clause.

Edited by Deeg67

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

When a player,is seeing he's not being included,in any team or squad selections....I agree ,the player would/could go down that line!!

And how city as a club,have bought and brought in high grade,or expensive buys,and more than a few have been pushed aside...hardly-played,

Then future prospect,will take that into account,and could unwittingly put us into that bad reputation bracket...

We have enough troubles enticing,decent potential quality players. Our failures after the title,will have more to say to future potential prospects!!

Than the title itself....!!

We have had 3 managers,internal strife,and all 3 ,plus players have been slated,crucified,with vile posts....Make no mistake,players who want to go

to a club,will also take into account,the atmosphere he perceives to read over the club's main-fan-forum...

i have said this all along, how we spent good money on players then leave them on the bench or dont even put them on the team list. this will come back to bit us on the arse for sure.

12 hours ago, rachhere said:

Isn't this the kind of thing the PFA intervene on? We are going to give ourselves a bad reputation if not careful. 

I think this an often overlooked aspect of this type of situation. Playing hardball, if that is what we are doing, may look good to a percentage of the fan base but I'm sure it won't sit so well with agents of prospective players.

If we really don't want to pay an extra few million for one more perfomance, and who knows if this is true, then frankly why was he put in the 25 man squad in the first place as had we suffered a lot of injuries it is likely he would have had to have played?

I don’t think we should just let him go as some people are stating why should we lose money or a player with no benefit to the club when obviously money is tight . I think we should only let him go if it suits us . I’m guessing we haven’t  aloud him to leave for a few reasons and not Puel just been stubborn. The clubs wanting to take him might not want to pay enough  for him or if it’s a loan enough of his wages. Perhaps we want to get someone else in before we let him go so we don’t get a repeat of the Drinkwater/ Silva situation . If we let him go and no one comes in that would leave us 5 midfielders 2 that  are off form, 1 who is coming back from and is nearly always injured 1 that is no where near good enough for the Premier league and 1 youth team player that has only just broke into the first team .

3 minutes ago, dnewty said:

#lcfc have decided not to pursue interest from a number of European clubs in Adrien Silva - Claude Puel has told him he wants him to stay. Silva was keen to leave, having made just one Prem start all season. Inter, Genoa, Lille and Sporting all reportedly interested.

I dont get this. If we really want to keep him then not playing him at all all season looks crazy

Unless there is truth in the suggestion more minutes would mean we pay sporting more, and now we have decided not to buy anyone else but to pay sporting the extra money and start playing Silva...

In which case we've missed out on using him all season for no reason....?

Shocking from the club tbh

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1

Barely made a match squad all season..

just shows that puel has no idea what he is doing.. Now he is part of our plans all of a sudden..lol

Totally understand  that Silva hasn’t done much for us but he hasn’t been given a run in the team either.. A common occurrence with many of our signings since the PL winning season..

• Haha 1

I think we're trying to push through a midfield signing by putting this news out personally.

I think he will leave on deadline day once we've wrapped up a new CM... clearly a club are playing hardball with us so we are playing back 

I honestly don't get it. We've got 15 games left and he is a player that doesn't even make the bench. 

Even when we play a 3 in midfield, CP prefers not to put a CM on the bench. 

Take the money, he's clearly surplus to requirements. 

Are we really going to keep hold of him for another 6 months for him not to play a minute, pay his wages and his stock to fall further?

Players will soon be put off joining when this is how we treat players. If he's not in plans which he clearly isn't he should be allowed to leave. Soyuncu has joined to seemingly sit twiddling his thumbs most weeks whilst Morgan sees out his career.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Why the hell does everything have to be the managers fault, it's nonsense.

The most obvious thing that's happened is that we wanted to get rid, but the offer for Iborra was too good to turn down. This then meant Silva was no longer looked at as being the first one out of the door. We would consider moving him on, but only if another signing was made. We're getting late in the window, clearly nobody is coming in so Silva is no longer surplus to requirements for the time being.

Those moaning, what the hell would people rather we do? Move him on or register Andy King... I'd rather have Silva thanks.

Iborra or Silva haven’t been involved this season... Puel decides that ?

i want to see Silva playing...Sure he gives the ball away at times but he tries to go forward rather than the passive sideways passing we are seeing!

• Like 1

He gives the ball away A LOT. I expected great things but his actual play has been a disappointment. He's just not good enough for the Prem sadly. Move on.

2 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Iborra or Silva haven’t been involved this season... Puel decides that ?

i want to see Silva playing...Sure he gives the ball away at times but he tries to go forward rather than the passive sideways passing we are seeing!

Iborra was on the bench most weeks, so yes he's been involved. He's played 11 times.