Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Silva back to ....................

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

So why has he shown literally nothing on the pitch? Soyuncu for instance has had spells of shitness, some awful mistakes. But at least he's had spells where you look at him and think, yeah he's got something about him. I honestly can't say I've seen that in Silva.

The manager seems to want players who can defend and attack, reality is Silva is not his signing and doesn't fit into that category. The links with these other CM's are far more in the area of what we'll be looking at. Strong CM, full of energy and running who can get stuck in whilst also start attacks and drive forward with the ball.

Wow shoot the messenger lol

I only replied to your question never said it was my opinion. 

But as he's here would it not be worth giving him a couple of games as the link between front and back. 

Not like we could be made to look anymore shite than Newport and Sotton made us luck. 

7 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Wow shoot the messenger lol

I only replied to your question never said it was my opinion. 

But as he's here would it not be worth giving him a couple of games as the link between front and back. 

Not like we could be made to look anymore shite than Newport and Sotton made us luck. 

Perhaps the manager has seen enough to know he doesn't fit in training? I'm amazed people don't give managers the benefit of doubt when it comes to judging players themselves, especially when only a few years ago Pearson made people moaning about Beckford, Danns and Mills look like total fools.

Edited by Babylon

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps the manager has seen enough to know he doesn't fit in training? I'm amazed people don't give managers the benefit of doubt when it comes to judging players themselves, especially when only a few years ago Pearson made people moaning about Beckford, Danns and Mills look like total fools.

I'm not moaning and I agree to a point. But the whole sorry mess of this transfer have we given him a chance. Not like the club has never fvcked up before not giving a player a chance. 

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's got to be seriously unimpressive to not get a chance when competing with a declining Ndidi and a very limited Mendy. Managers also get things massively wrong too, Pearson completely ignored Albrighton for best part of 8 months for whatever reason. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Disagree that he's not done well in spells. First half against newcastle he was very good, and there have been other times as well. 

He's very inconsistent between games, after an injury and the spell he had off it is hardly suprising. There's a lot more to it than just football stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Disagree that he's not done well in spells. First half against newcastle he was very good, and there have been other times as well. 

He's very inconsistent between games, after an injury and the spell he had off it is hardly suprising. There's a lot more to it than just football stuff.

Didn't stand out to me, but each to their own. 2-0 down to Newcastle at Half time with Silva and Iborra starting. :(

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Didn't stand out to me, but each to their own. 2-0 down to Newcastle at Half time with Silva and Iborra starting. :(

You clearly dont renember much then....

We were 1 nil down, Iborra went off injured in the first half, he completed 85% of passes in the first half, 3 tackles and we were quite unlucky to be down in the first half. Played a wonderful pass to Mahrez and we should have had a pen.

It was the same against Watford the week before, he kept having dodgy spells post half time and getting taken off. Arsenal as well he was great.

Pre season he was pretty good as well.

Edited by Abrasive fox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

We were 1 nil down, Iborra went off injured in the first half, he completed 85% of passes in the first half, 3 tackles and we were quite unlucky to be down in the first half. Played a wonderful pass to Mahrez and we should have had a pen.

It was the same against Watford the week before, he kept having dodgy spells post half time and getting taken off. Arsenal as well he was great.

I think it was impossible to say that any shortcomings he had werent due to lack of matches and lack of fitness.

And the only thing that makes sense to me is that we will lose money if he plays more and he is not seen as worth it in the long run

We will never know what could have been with Silva

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

We shall have to agree to disagree, I've never been particularly impressed with him.

It seems ridiculous that Puel couldn't get the best out of Silva and Iborra. The team is crying out for a creative midfielder but we will be left with Ndidi and Mendy. 

Whatever the reason this is a huge disappointment and a financial nightmare.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's got to be seriously unimpressive to not get a chance when competing with a declining Ndidi and a very limited Mendy. Managers also get things massively wrong too, Pearson completely ignored Albrighton for best part of 8 months for whatever reason. 

To be fair Ndidi is still putting up good tackling stats I guess and has even scored recently

Mendy was a good performer until recently when he's made errors but has still had good spells in games

Those 2 arent impressive in many ways, but i bet we'd get cut through a lot more without them

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

So why has he shown literally nothing on the pitch? Soyuncu for instance has had spells of shitness, some awful mistakes. But at least he's had spells where you look at him and think, yeah he's got something about him. I honestly can't say I've seen that in Silva.

The manager seems to want players who can defend and attack, reality is Silva is not his signing and doesn't fit into that category. The links with these other CM's are far more in the area of what we'll be looking at. Strong CM, full of energy and running who can get stuck in whilst also start attacks and drive forward with the ball.

I can’t remember silva getting a decent run of games to get some sort of form, or get used to English football, he probably regrets moving here, it was a **** up from the very signing day, lose 6 months of your career, a manager tells you that he doesn’t want you, but when you organise a route out of a disaster move, he says he wants you, but still rates Matty James over you, I can’t understand why we have not seen the best of him, would you be motivated, I certainly wouldn’t.

Silva wasn’t a bad player before he joined us, and he won’t be when he leaves us, just poor from our side, and if there is a player I feel for it’s him.

You could argue that Simpson, Morgan, albrighton, vardy, and so on isn’t puels fit, but keep getting in, wether in poor form or not, or speaking to the press about not be suited, I just think silva has been shat on 

Edited by Monsell1976
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

To be fair Ndidi is still putting up good tackling stats I guess and has even scored recently

Mendy was a good performer until recently when he's made errors but has still had good spells in games

Those 2 arent impressive in many ways, but i bet we'd get cut through a lot more without them

The 2nd half of the 16/17 season, Ndidi was a real presence in attacking situations which gave us genuine hope that he'd be a good source of goals. Last season that completely evaded him and this year looked to be going a similar way, he's missed a number of gilt edged chances from set pieces. However, if he can chip in with another few goals then 4-5 a season isn't too bad. It's what he does with the ball though that's of immediate concern, he just simply hasn't improved his passing and I don't need to see any stats which might suggest otherwise. He repeatedly misplaces all manner of different passes and often any chance of an incisive move gets broken down. Collectively with Mendy, who is merely a water carrier they are an appalling pairing for a team expected to break teams down which we know fine well given our troubles at home this season. They can't be a long term pairing together if we want to improve, it's not their natural game. Ndidi is a monster at winning the ball and he will provide a bit of support further forward but we badly need a creative player who ideally is a player equally as comfortable defending and attacking. The stereo typical box to box midfielder, something I admit Adrien Silva doesn't appear to be at this level either.

• Like 1

Can’t be worse than me day but Mendy is French... that’s the only reasoning I can think of!! 

But seriously, we’ve wasted part of his career with the transfer deadline mess, then he gets the odd start here and there, dropped after a poor performance but Mendy isn’t. He must regret this move. Feel sorry for him and if he’s not in the managers plans then he needs to be allowed to leave 

Edited by lcfceaves

6 hours ago, Wortho said:

It seems ridiculous that Puel couldn't get the best out of Silva and Iborra. The team is crying out for a creative midfielder but we will be left with Ndidi and Mendy. 

Whatever the reason this is a huge disappointment and a financial nightmare.

Who says he couldn’t . To me they just don’t look like Premiership players both wanting too much time on the ball and getting caught in possession. I’m sure they are not bad players in other leagues just not suited to the prem . 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Can’t be worse than me day but Mendy is French... that’s the only reasoning I can think of!! 

But seriousky, we’ve wasted part of his career with the transfer deadline mess, then he gets the odd start here and there, dropped after a poor performance but Mendy isn’t. He must regret this move. Feel sorry for him and if he’s not in the managers plans then he needs to be allowed to leave 

Wasn't silva be born in France?

Edited by teblin

There is no way anybody can seriously judge this player on the handful of appearances he has had. He arrived with a very good reputation so there must be something there, but maybe perhaps just not in the PL and for Leicester.  It's another expensive flop signing to go with quite a few since we won the league. The PL money has made many teams profligate when buying players.

30 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

It would not be the worst strategy to play him for six games and give him a chance to prove his worth. If, after 6 games, it is obvious that he isn’t cutting it then sell in the summer. If he can bring a new dimension as part of a 3 in a 433 we save ourselves a fortune.

I have been saying that all season,don't give him 1 game,or 5 times 15-20 minutes !!!

Look we have lost some mis-calculated games...Why not now,in these difficult games give Experienced Silva 2 young runners in.Ndidi and Choudry.

#Calciomercato | #Inter , for the proposed midfield #AdrienSilva of the Leicester. Real survey for #Darmian : the conditions set by Manchester United ⬇️

Could be to do with the deal for Nandez? If we get Nandez, Cagliari don’t want to sell Barella anymore, so now Inter go for Silva?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Who says he couldn’t . To me they just don’t look like Premiership players both wanting too much time on the ball and getting caught in possession. I’m sure they are not bad players in other leagues just not suited to the prem . 

Well clearly Puel couldn't get the best out of them. Whether it's the players attitudes or their inability to adapt to the Premier league we'll never know. I still put a lot of this down to Puel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Another thing to consider is, prior to the cup game vs Man City Hamza Choudhury had completely been ignored all season too. Given how imposing he's been its astounding he hadn't been involved in any form. Managers do get it wrong.

They also get it right Ric, so perhaps people should give them the benefit of doubt, rather than castigating them and acting like they are a moron for not agreeing with people who don't see the player every single day.

On Hamza, he's looked good in a three, has he ever been played in a two though? I can't remember last seasons setups when he played.

Another thing to consider is that the age of our team is incredibly young. If you put in Hamza alonside Ndidi that would be pretty much nailed on the youngest team in the league if we also played the others people call for. If he came in to replace Mendy (which would be fair enough after the last two games), then we'd perhaps need to look at other areas so that we're not entirely reliant on kids performing. Imagine replacing Wes with Soyuncu or Benkovic like people also keep screaming for lol

Kasper

Ricardo (first season)    Maguire   Morgan   Chilwell 22

Gray 22    Hamza 21 (first real season)    Ndidi 22    Barnes 21 (first real season) 

Maddison (first season)  22

Vardy