Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Silva back to ....................

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Iborra was on the bench most weeks, so yes he's been involved. He's played 11 times.

Pretty much as I said then... not contibruted anything. Don’t think he was given a minute over the busy xmas period.

16 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

My prediction if he stays and features before the end of the season, is that a number of posters on here will criticise Puel both for playing him and for not playing him at some point.

...and criticise Silva for either being crap because he didn’t produce immediately, so he should be dropped, or defend him because he was never given a chance in a run of games. 

It looks like the clubs that were interested in him were looking for loan deals instead of buying him. 

If the rumours of us having to pay more for appearances are true, then maybe Puel has been given the green light to play him. This would put him in the shop window for the summer , and hopefully, if he plays well, he would get his wish to leave and we would then recoup most of what we paid.

Just a theory.

13 hours ago, dnewty said:

#lcfc have decided not to pursue interest from a number of European clubs in Adrien Silva - Claude Puel has told him he wants him to stay. Silva was keen to leave, having made just one Prem start all season. Inter, Genoa, Lille and Sporting all reportedly interested.

He must be incredible in training if we are keeping him and he doesn’t play. A cambiasso of the training ground. Let’s hope our great manager has a cunning plan . Quick sliver passes tooo the gazzelle . Swings the cross in for the slim one to put it on a plate for Vardy . I’m dreaming of this against utd ?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/27/adrien-silva-leicester-city-premier-league-transfer-window

Leicester midfielder Adrien Silva wants to leave before transfer deadline

David HytnerSun 27 Jan 2019 18.07 GMT

The 29-year-old is prepared to move on loan 
 Silva has only made five appearances this season

Adrien Silva has been limited to five appearances for Leicester this season. Adrien Silva has been limited to five appearances for Leicester this season. Photograph: Plumb Images/Leicester City via Getty Images

Adrien Silva wants a transfer from Leicester before Thursday’s deadline, whether on loan or on a permanent basis. The Portugal midfielder has made only five appearances under Claude Puel this season – three of them in the Carabao Cup – and he cannot tolerate the situation any longer.

Puel has said that he does not want to release Silva but it is understood that he would not stand in his way. It is the Leicester hierarchy who Silva must convince. The 29-year-old, who was a starter for Portugal when they won Euro 2016, has offers from clubs in some of Europe’s elite leagues.

Silva signed for Leicester on deadline day in the summer of 2017 from Sporting in a £22m deal only for the paperwork to be uploaded 14 seconds too late. As a result, he was precluded by Fifa from playing for Leicester until the transfer window reopened in January of last year.

Craig Shakespeare was the manager who brought Silva to Leicester but he would be sacked in October of 2017 and replaced by Puel. Silva made 16 appearances in all competitions for the club last season.

36 minutes ago, mad biker said:

And you know this how ???

From what I’ve seen of him in a city shirt he just runs around a lot. Don’t get me wrong for Portugal he’s looked good but there’s some top players around him. Off load him while we can not going to play under Puel.

32 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The bloke has been mismanaged by Puel.  Yet another proven international player who should surely be producing a performance on a par or better than two midfield options in Mendy and Ndidi who have been hit and miss all season due to their complacency in knowing they won't be dropped.

He's given Silva ample opportunity but he's never been good enough. 

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

He's given Silva ample opportunity but he's never been good enough. 

Give Puel I don’t how many chances, 

but it give a player that couldn’t play for months  and then get up to speed in a league he needs to get used to, and only had 16 games... doesn’t seem much of a chance to me to be honest 

1 hour ago, Corky said:

<insert comment about him passing the ball forwards when Puel wants us to pass it sideways and backwards here> he passes the ball forwards when Puel wants us to pass it sideways and backwards. 

12 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Get him gone, not our type of player.

I agree

I see this simplistically. His style of game is just too slow for the Prem. We mustn’t again buy these older players who have only played in the Portuguese league. The Prem is different

Tbf to Silva though, it’s hardly surprising he’s fooked off with the whole thing is it! (Money aside)

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1