Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Silva back to ....................

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They also get it right Ric, so perhaps people should give them the benefit of doubt, rather than castigating them and acting like they are a moron for not agreeing with people who don't see the player every single day.

On Hamza, he's looked good in a three, has he ever been played in a two though? I can't remember last seasons setups when he played.

Another thing to consider is that the age of our team is incredibly young. If you put in Hamza alonside Ndidi that would be pretty much nailed on the youngest team in the league if we also played the others people call for. If he came in to replace Mendy (which would be fair enough after the last two games), then we'd perhaps need to look at other areas so that we're not entirely reliant on kids performing. Imagine replacing Wes with Soyuncu or Benkovic like people also keep screaming for lol

Kasper

Ricardo (first season)    Maguire   Morgan   Chilwell 22

Gray 22    Hamza 21 (first real season)    Ndidi 22    Barnes 21 (first real season) 

Maddison (first season)  22

Vardy

Last season 2017/18 Hamza played in 8 PL matches, 2x 90min, 4x substituted, 2x replaced

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

Well clearly Puel couldn't get the best out of them. Whether it's the players attitudes or their inability to adapt to the Premier league we'll never know. I still put a lot of this down to Puel.

So whether it’s the players attitude or inability to adapt to the Premier league it’s still down to Puel ?

18 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

So whether it’s the players attitude or inability to adapt to the Premier league it’s still down to Puel ?

Puel has to manage the situation. I'm sure that Alex Ferguson wouldn't have put up with a bad attitude from his players.

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

Puel has to manage the situation. I'm sure that Alex Ferguson wouldn't have put up with a bad attitude from his players.

Well if it’s a case of bad attitude hasn’t he managed it correctly by not playing him and shipping him out . 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Well if it’s a case of bad attitude hasn’t he managed it correctly by not playing him and shipping him out . 

So you are happy with Ndidi and Mendy? It just seems awful that we are letting these two talented players leave.

I hope you never complain about our midfield two being limited in the future.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wortho said:

So you are happy with Ndidi and Mendy? It just seems awful that we are letting these two talented players leave.

Adrien Silva playing at least 45 mins....

Man United - Loss

Spurs - Lost

Arsenal - Won (Against 10 men)

West Ham - Lost

Palace - Lost

Southampton - Drew

Burnley - Lost

Newcastle - Lost

Bournemouth - Drew (were losing before he came off)

Man City - Lost (Drawing when he went off and then lost)

Swansea - drew

Him and Iborra started a few games together... and we still lost. They might look a bit more fancy and a bit more forward thinking, but I'm not sure we've been any more effective with them in the team.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Adrien Silva playing at least 45 mins....

Man United - Loss

Spurs - Lost

Arsenal - Won (Against 10 men)

West Ham - Lost

Palace - Lost

Southampton - Drew

Burnley - Lost

Newcastle - Lost

Bournemouth - Drew (were losing before he came off)

Man City - Lost (Drawing when he went off and then lost)

Swansea - drew

Him and Iborra started a few games together... and we still lost. They might look a bit more fancy and a bit more forward thinking, but I'm not sure we've been any more effective with them in the team.

I'm not doubting the stats. I think it's a disappointment that we have not been able to get a tune out of these two, for whatever reason. We paid upwards of £35m for them plus wages. Is it anything to do with Puel??

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

I never said I was happy with it . I think the only reason they keep getting picked is because there are no real viable options . Silva and Iborra as good as they are in other leagues aren’t suited to the prem unfortunately. That leaves Matty James who is permanently injured or King who has been great for the club but is worse than Mendy and Ndidi.The only other option is Hamza . 

Edited by baldeagle

18 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I'm not doubting the stats. I think it's a disappointment that we have not been able to get a tune out of these two, for whatever reason. We paid upwards of £35m for them plus wages. Is it anything to do with Puel??

Who knows, maybe, maybe not. How many other duffers have we bought though that nobody has been able to get much out of? My position is always one of giving the manager the benefit of doubt until I've seen something with my own eyes that makes me think he's making a bad decision.

Knowing he wants to play a two in the middle, I just don't see how Silva fits there as he's just seemed too light weight and he's not done enough going forwards to warrant the issues that will appear because of that. If we were planning on playing a three all the time then fair enough, but that's just a fall back option against certain teams at the moment.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I never said I was happy with it . I think the only reason they keep getting picked is because there are no real viable options . Silva and Iborra as good as they are in other leagues aren’t suited to the prem unfortunately. That leaves Matty James who is permanently injured or King who has been great for the club but is worse than Mendy and Ndidi.The only other option is Hamza . 

That's exactly what I'm saying. It's the managers job to get the best out of them which he clearly hasn't done.

Need to just let him go, already have enough of his career stunted by the 14 second debacle, just let him go and get playing football again, can always assess him again in the summer.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-midfielder-putting-pressure-club-board-let-leave-quickly-possible/

Leicester Player 'Putting Pressure' on club's board to let him leave 'quickly as possible'

Another day, another update on the Leicester-Adrien Silva stand off currently taking place at King Power Stadium.

Rarely used by Claude Puel, the Portuguese midfielder wants an out in January, needing first-team football if he stands any chance of returning to his national team’s set up.
Offered around by his father, who also happens to be his agent, the Leicester man was once close to returning to Sporting CP, before Bordeaux in France came along and triggered his nostalgia.
Sud-Ouest were reporting over the weekend that Silva’s camp ‘weren’t hiding their interest’ of a move to France, and it appears they went as far as agreeing terms with the Ligue 1 side, if 20 Minutes are to be believed.

The local outlet reported late on Tuesday the Leicester midfielder had said yes to a six month loan with the French club, but was still being blocked by Claude Puel.
Silva is apparently now ‘putting pressure’ on the Foxes’ board to let him go so he can join Bordeaux ‘as quickly as possible’.
A Wednesday update suggested there was no movement, describing the situation as currently being ‘at a standstill’.

2 hours ago, Wortho said:

That's exactly what I'm saying. It's the managers job to get the best out of them which he clearly hasn't done.

But what I’m saying is you can’t blame the manger for the players not being good enough . If he had signed them yes by all means but he didn’t . 

45 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Need to just let him go, already have enough of his career stunted by the 14 second debacle, just let him go and get playing football again, can always assess him again in the summer.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-midfielder-putting-pressure-club-board-let-leave-quickly-possible/

Leicester Player 'Putting Pressure' on club's board to let him leave 'quickly as possible'

Another day, another update on the Leicester-Adrien Silva stand off currently taking place at King Power Stadium.

Rarely used by Claude Puel, the Portuguese midfielder wants an out in January, needing first-team football if he stands any chance of returning to his national team’s set up.
Offered around by his father, who also happens to be his agent, the Leicester man was once close to returning to Sporting CP, before Bordeaux in France came along and triggered his nostalgia.
Sud-Ouest were reporting over the weekend that Silva’s camp ‘weren’t hiding their interest’ of a move to France, and it appears they went as far as agreeing terms with the Ligue 1 side, if 20 Minutes are to be believed.

The local outlet reported late on Tuesday the Leicester midfielder had said yes to a six month loan with the French club, but was still being blocked by Claude Puel.
Silva is apparently now ‘putting pressure’ on the Foxes’ board to let him go so he can join Bordeaux ‘as quickly as possible’.
A Wednesday update suggested there was no movement, describing the situation as currently being ‘at a standstill’.

Puel read my letter....Silva is starting against L'pool...:P

29 minutes ago, StevieB said:

Inter turned him down. I can definitely see him staying. I just hope if he does we give him another chance 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/inter-milan-turn-down-chance-2464046.amp?__twitter_impression=true

This doesn't mean he's staying, I thought he would be staying due to Puel not letting him go as we sold Iborra. There have been other clubs desperate to get him, most notably Bordeaux and Fenerbache who have agreed to pay all his wages.

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This doesn't mean he's staying, I thought he would be staying due to Puel not letting him go as we sold Iborra. There have been other clubs desperate to get him, most notably Bordeaux and Fenerbache who have agreed to pay all his wages.

He's posted another 'I am working hard' picture on instagram today. Can't help wondering as time has progress how much of it is for Puel's benefit though... 

I don't see why Puel would block a move. Even when he has had the chance to use him he chose to play James and King, the latter isn't even in the 25 man squad.

Actually feel a wee bit sorry for him. Ok he's been well paid but career wise this has been about as productive as Drinkwater moving to Chelsea. If we have no intention of ever playing him for whatever reason then we should just let him go.

• Like 2